Phantis Forums

MEGA Cosmos in Australia soon

UBI WORLD TV has just signed an exclusive broadcast agreement for Mega Cosmos

UBI WORLD TV Greek TV Update!

We are pleased to inform you of the latest updates to Greek TV on UBI WORLD TV.

- Alpha International is now broadcasting 24-hours a day

- UBI WORLD TV has just signed an exclusive broadcast agreement for Mega Cosmos - one of Greece's top rating television channels, providing a rich mix of music, news, variety and talk shows.

- UBI WORLD TV has signed an exclusive broadcast agreement for Sigma - the highest rating and most popular TV channel from Cyprus.

There are more changes in the next few days.

- Both Sigma and Mega Cosmos will be on-air

- The announcing of the signing of a 6th Greek channel

- MAD TV will become a 24-hour Greek music channel

Former TARBS customers can use their UBI-compatible equipment to access the UBI WORLD TV service, by simply redirecting their satellite dish to the Optus B3 satellite.

Anyone requiring more information or wanting to watch these Greek language channels free of charge, including former TARBS customers – will need to register their details with UBI WORLD TV by calling 1300 400 800.

We look forward to keeping you up-to-date on the exciting developments for the community’s Greek language package.

That's exciting news for Autralian viewers.

Can someone from Australia confirm that Alpha Inter will still show the soccer games live in the next few weeks.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but right now all the Greek channels are free. Are they going to be scrambled soon, which will mean that you will need a subscription to view them?

Kolossos, it would be interesting to know what Alpha Inter will do this Sunday with the Olympiakos - Xanthi game. Let me know if they will black out the game in Australia, since the game will be available on Antenna Pacific there.

bravomegale,

I've never hidden the fact I work for UBI WORLD TV - Just doing my job in letting the public know what channels are coming - finally the Greek's are getting spoilt.

I don't have the names of the other channels coming but there will be another name released in the coming days.

Ziaka.

Alpha International will only be showing the games they have rights for. Best to see the Alpha website for more information.

The Greek package will be Free To Air till around the end of December. At that time they will be encrypted and you will need to subscribe to UBI to view the channels. For all the Greek channels it will be $59.95 a month.

Alpha and Mega Cosmos have only signed a 1 year contract with UBI .

If ERT Sat stays FTA on Globcast on Optus B3

Theres no way UBI will recover the money back from what they have pay for the righs to Alpha / Mega

DKSat

ERT SAT will stay free to air because its a government channel.

Ant1 Pacific as most of us know is only available on Foxtel.

At the end of December pretty much Alpha International, Mega Cosmos, MAD TV (Greece), PIK and Sigma (Cyprus) will be scrambled.

Im guessing the last Greek channel we should be getting will be Alter Globe because there no other international Greek TV station available other then the ones ive listed.

SO LETS SEE HOW THAT WORKS OUT

10 greek channels

we cant count ANTENNA PACIFIC it is already broadcasting

we have

1.mega

2.ertsat

3.rik ] from cyprus

4.sigma ]

5.alpha DIRECT FROM GREECE

6.ALTER?

7.MAD

8.STAR CHANNEL?

9.EXTRA?

10.SEVEN OR MAKEDONIA TV?

unless they count the radio stations as channels

moy 8ymhse ena palio toy HARRY KLYNN

MANWLAKH MH PAIZEIS ME TA KANALIA

All I can say guys, that alpha has been transmitting their soccer coverage to Australia so far. none of the bullshit of the past.

They have change their attitude towards the omegenia and we are getting the real thing, as they do in greece.

Don't expect much from mega cosmos in terms of soccer coverage, that if they have rights to any games for CL and Nt.

Lets not forget ert sat because these guys have never let us down with local coverage and lets not forget it is free to air. And these areholes from UBI (tarbs in disguise) were charging us for it.

Lets see how long they survive in this pay tv game. A lot of people lost money from bankruptcy of tarbs and its going to take something special to get them to commit to ubi.

Lets face it UBI is the old crew of tarbs, they have been taken up by a new mob that still have connections with mike boulos previous chairman of tarbs. I hear this boulos fella made a lot of money with tarbs going bankrupt.

They were taking up new subscriptions on 12 month contracts, knowing that they were about to go bust.

Long live ert sat...............................

Green,

I wouldn't be saying those things if you don't really know what went on with the closure of TARBS. No one ran away with the money - TARBS was simply closed down by PriceWaterhouseCoppers.

If Mike B did run away with the money why would he come back to Australia after living in Greece for the past 3 years?

Now in regards to people being owned money. If they wish to subscribe to UBI WORLD TV and were owed money from TARBS, UBI WORLD TV will provide them with a Goodwill Gesture and credit their UBI WORLD TV account with the amount of months they lost with TARBS (they must provide requried doucments).

I'm not here to be Pro-UBI but I'm here to make sure that people undestand the truth and able to provide updated information about getting your favourite TV channels from home back on your screens here.

I am not from Australia but I was just curious and thought I would post this question. According to the UBI website, from my understanding, it seems they don't have seperate packages for each Ethnic group so you have to subscribe to every channel they carry, is that true?? That is weird and dumb, IMO, I am Greek so I only want the Greek channels who cares about the rest of them, why can't you just subscribe to the ones you are interested in? How many people will subscribe if this is the only way to subscribe?

What a weird way to do business?! :blink:

all packages cost the same no matter what language you get all greek for $60 AUD which is what about $45 USD which isent to bad i think ?

Just looking at dishnetwork site sit cost $36.99 USD for all channel except Alter and that cost an extra $14.99 USD to get so total of $51.98USD in AUD $70.94 plus you got to have the normal channel dishnetwork supply aswell dont you which cost more?

my 2 cents worth

Boulos is spending millions of dollars to start UBI DTH Satellite platform .

Some off you do not know how much work it takes and traveling time world wide to get tv channels rights.

Most of the Greek channels are now broadcasting on UBI, if there is no support for UBI there is going to be another failure like TARBS.

DKSat

I am in US and i do not work for UBI

Archived