Phantis Forums

Greek TV Announcers

rodoj

Folks, don't know about you but having now the ability to watch Greek tv in Italy I watch most of the Greek games and frankly, the tv announcers for the national team games are horrendous.

Be this in soccer or basketball, they are full of grandious statements and boasts and inevitably the opposite happens. They do not provide commentary like those for the Premiership or in the NBA and ussually the opposing team scores a goal just after one of these idiots says that the defense is doing great, the opposing attackers are ineffective, yada, yada, yada.

Anyone feel the same ?

Rodoj,

I do agree withg you but alot of this has to be because the Greeks in these kinds of positions (in the work area) think that they are the SH**.

The main problem to this is that most of them haven't even gone to school to this kind of job and even if they did they got by without anyone saying anything (basically an inside job - surprise!)

Unfortunately my man this is crap and I totally agree with you. I live here in the US and for god sake I do hope sometime that our announcers would sound something remotely like the guys here... Other than that I'd rather hear it from a Spanish speaking commentator or a Mexican... (they put flair into announcing)

Living away from Greece I find these guys amusing

The ERT guys are fairly professional but the SPORT FM guys are total homers - and I kind of like it

Although they do have the tendancy to scream "GOAL" as a prediction for a possible goal and scare the shyte out of you then piss you off when the player misses the net

I love it!!! :gr:

American announcers are almost entirely complete morons

The Brits are biased but they know when to shut it

Archived