Phantis Forums

WCq: Denmark - GREECE

Ziaka

tavlaridis wanted to leave lille for glasgow. after that he was sidelined by coach and club. he is a substitute but doesnt get game time because he wanted to leave...

Yep... I guess he will leave the club during the next transfer window.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

slickas....he was 33 when he pulled some magic everyone was pulling the dicks over so no change their. he has never been able to mark or tackle. he is a sub who is expected to produce magic

I doubt he was fit in many of the games he came on as a sub and pulled some magic

because of ottos selections the ONLY people in midfield we have off the bench (assuming zago, katsou, stelio, kara start) is Kafes and Basinas ;)

we have to hope with all our hearts he starts Lymbe instead of Vryzas but now that hes dropped Amanatidis for Manztios look at the strikers we haev to come one: most likely like last game he'll bring on Gekas and Vryzas :xxx:

it is good that u are only a frinos fan and not our national coach!

with youre views we would have lost this game easy with 3-0 or more

Injury worries :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

Any updates on:

Fyssas - missede today's game in Scotland with knee

Charisteas - head busted up

Karagounis - Benfica play on Monday

Dellas - I guess its safe to say is not going to play

Does no Fyssas mean yes to Vyntra - or can anyone else swing out to the left?

guys..

all i could say is, we cant afford to give all these newcomers a debut match. if it was a friendly maybe. but this is against denmark and we have to win the game for a chance to get into world cup.

i know vryzas, charisteas and basinas have had shocking games lately for greece.. but in this game i think sticking to our experience is the way to go - if we have any chance aganst this strong danish team.

if i were otto:

chalkias

charisteas vryzas anatolakis stelios

stoltidis goumas venetidis papadopoulos

zagorakis salpiggidis

lol... im just joking :LOL:

Be shocked if he calls Darlas let alone plays him. Lets be serious here, Darlas getting a first cap in Copehagen, I can see the score line now.  :rolleyes:

obviously you haven't see any PAO games recently.

Not only have we not conceeded any goals from his side, but no player has managed to beat him. I'm not just crowing about his because he's a PAO player but because this kid is VERY GOOD. Not only is he excellent in his defewnsive duties, he has excellent technique and is good at going forward too.

Anyway, if Fyssas is not fit, should we risk playing a non-left footed player to fill in. Experiments with Karagounis at left back only work against the Georgia's of world football?

Does no Fyssas mean yes to Vyntra - or can anyone else swing out to the left?

I've mentioned theis before, how can a whole country not have any decent leftfooted players.None of our mids and NOBACKUP to Fysas...it's ridiculous.

Why not put the young kid in, if he is in form put him IN!

It is an on-going theme with olympilagos supporters... "why did u put manzios ... why this why that"

The simple fact is... if u want the ethniki to progress.... we need YOUNG players in the squad... matches like this give them huge expierience for their young years.... i believe otto is doing the right thing.... and yes even in a match so crutial....

if Manzio gets subbed on and scores the winner ti tha lete meta???? "oh what a good callup" kati tetia!!!

i can understand it hurts gaurous to see young greek PANATHINAIKOS players in the national team... but at PAO we give our youngsters a chance... we dont fill our team with yiayiathes and mpampathes... so stop ur sooking...

and 1 more thing... IF i ever see anatolaki in the starting 11 for the ethniki... i will put my life savings on whoever we are playing.... the guy is useless, and VERY SLOW!!!

Darlas would be a great solution if taki cant play..... we need young players in the team who have the hunger to perform and give it all for the ethniki.... something that is lacking with the players who won the euro... anyhow this is just my opinion :blink:

:gr:

Look at who is yapping the two moularyia that had nothing to do with EURO - pah sketo rookie

European champions Greece are confident of beating Denmark in Saturday's World Cup qualifier in Copenhagen and inching closer to the playoffs.

Ukraine have already qualified as Group Two winners and Turkey, Greece and Denmark are in a battle for second place.

Turkey are currently second with 20 points and one game left to play, while third-placed Greece, on 18 points, and fourth-placed Denmark, on 16 points, have two matches remaining.

''The Danes are currently playing better football but they have their weaknesses and I feel we can take advantage of them,'' striker Nikos Lyberopoulos told reporters on Monday.

Should Greece defeat Denmark, who also need to win to keep their qualifying hopes alive, they would only need to beat a weak Georgia side in Athens four days later to secure the second spot.

Turkey are not in action until October 12 when face Albania away.

''We don't want to wait and see what the others in the group do,'' striker Fanis Gekas said. ''We want to go out and win it in Denmark and get it over with.'' Greece have struggled throughout their World Cup qualifying campaign, showing little of the poise and determination that crowned them European champions last year.

Defender Traianos Dellas, who has recovered from a hernia operation and recently signed with AEK Athens, is back in the squad for the first time since February but will most likely not play.

He has not played a competitive match since March.

Defender Takis Fyssas, who is suffering from a minor injury picked up in the Scottish league, is also doubtful.

REUTERS SB PC2211

Back to Fysas - Darlas was not called up yet - so I don't see that happening - so it is Vyntra or 3 backs with Karagounis or Katsouranis dropping back I guess

So 2 of the 4 strarting D from EURO are out and both Setaridis and Kapsis are in bad form

Combine this with the Dane injuries in the back and I think we will need to score 3 to win this game - which I think we can if the Danes play wide open

prediction Ellas 3- Dania 2

Zagorakis (he always scores against the Danes :LOL: )

Kats

Lybe

SIKOSE TO :gr: :gr: :gr:

Some good news from Portugal (what about Charisteas):

On the up

Having taken just one point from their first three Liga games, Ronald Koeman's side are on the up and received a further boost when Greek international Georgios Karagounis rejoined the squad for tonight's match - which could bring them to within four points of joint-leaders FC Porto and CD Nacional.

.com actionuefa.com action

i'm praying to agios gerasimos that fyssas will be fit. i bleed green and white but if i see vyntra in that starting eleven i'm going to demand king otto be forcibly removed from his throne...even though he has already indicated that he plans to leave after the world cup campaign.

Since the Danes have drawn with both Ukraine and Turkey at home, many observers are backing a similar result.

Why should Greece beat the Danes in Denmark?? There is just hope for Greece....and hope for us that this game will also be a draw....

Turkcell, Why should Turks beat Ukraine in Kiev in front of seventy-five thousand fanatical Ukranian supporters? Talk about fixed! You guys got rocked 3-0 in Konstadinoupoli. Wonder how many Ukranian mafiosa won big money betting Turkey to win in a game that Ukraine could have cared less about. They had nothing to play for, and just shafted their Orthodox brothers, us the Greeks in the k olo. Shame to Ukraine. Something that even Danish manager Olsen thought would happen, that Ukraine would lose this game. What kind of v lakia question is this "Why should Greece beat Denmark". Thought you were brighter than this man? :tdown:

It is most likely that Haristea and Fyssa will not be available for this match so it would be interesting to see what Otto does with this game. I would say that a starting eleven like this would be most logical:

Nikopolidi(Goal-Keeper)

Kapsi(Left-back)

Kuriako(Centre-back)

Dellas(Centre-back)

Seitaridi(Right-back)

Zagorakis(Centre-mid)

Katsouranis(Left-mid)

Karagounis(Right-mid)

Giannakopoulo(Right-frwd)

Papadopoulo(Left-frwd)

Lymberopoulo(Centre)

***What do you guys think of a 4-3-3 formation, with Lymbe playing Haristeas position, with Papa and Stelara flanking him. I think their pace will create problems for the Danish defense, and the three in midfield-Karagouni, Kastourani and Zagoraki looks pretty stable and also provides attacking options. We need to go into this game paidia offensive minded and screw everything. No inhabitions, and looking for one goal and holding on to it. Once we score the first, go for the second and third and put this game out of reach early. Stun these bloody Danes, and get the heck out of there and prepare for Georgia on Wednesday. :gr: :gr:

Archived