Phantis Forums

WCq: Denmark - GREECE

Ziaka

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turkcell, it is a waste a time for you to talk to me because you cant face reality man. You believe in some world where Greeks should thank the Ottoman Turks for the existence of Greece and its people, by enslaving the Greek populous for four-hundred years. Head of Orthodoxy, in Konstadinoupoli my friend, and this is why we cherish the three most important things as Greeks. Family, country, and religion. Something that I dont think anyone can feel so strongly about, and understand more about, other than a Greek. Lets get off the horse s hit Turkcell, and away from your distorted perceptions. Like the saying goes, you can forgive but you can never forget, and this but sums up the history between the Turks and Greeks. Sorry my friend , but this is reality. So its my words against yours right?, but this is how I feel as a Greek, and I will not be shy to hide my feelings. History does not lie. It was the words of the great Greek general Athanasios Diakos where you can clearly understand how we feel Turkcell. On his death bed when the Ottomans were ready to roast him, they asked him to convert to a Turk, and he died proudly saying that "I was born a, Greek and I will die a Greek." If you can understand this Turkcell I can congratulate you, but you are not a Greek and I would not expect you to understand. Anyway, we are suppose to be talking football here, but obviously its gotten carried away. Lets talk football.

--> Nikopolidis (His Forefathers came from Northern Turkey region of Karadeniz )

the region for thousands of years has been called Pontos or "Euxenios Pontos"

I understand what u mean on saying they should be counted as europe/LAND-wise because many european inhabitants lived in Anatolia. Thats fine and a reasonable arguement. I think turkey should be in uefa because their footballing standards are high enough, as well as that some of turkey is on the european continent. Also lets not forget half their players are raised/trained in germany :P

but turkcell, if youre going to talk s%$#!, did you even qualify for Euro 2004? No.

You got smacked up by LATVIA. and dont foget, Turkey isnt in this either, they have to WIN in Albania. Then they have to win a draw and most of the other 2nd placed teams are looking much stronger than Turkey. So before you talk trash make sure youre qualified. Czech, England, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, France/Israel/Switzerland......all much better teams.

it seems everytime a foreigner talks s%$#! about us in advance on these forums they ALWAYS eat their words. Wisla, Fener fans etc etc so were used to it.

As for baklava and many other foods with turkish names......that doesnt make them turkish. these foods are eaten by many ethnicities and under ottoman rule they were commonized under turkish names. Baklava was traced to a byzantine sweet for example.

and what is tulumba?

...and the same story again:

...evrything is greek.... ok I surrender....

But Draokos I respect you cause you are one of the normal human beings here...

I wish you a nice Sunday enjoy the wheater today ( I Switzerland the weather must be now so fine like here in Stuttgart/(Baden-Wuerttemberg) Germany )

I never had a problem with greek people I respect them more than any other nation cause I believe we have more in common than some fanatics want accept.

my point is not everything is greek, is that we dont feel turks respect the fact that the land they live on was where many of our anecestors and history lie......and also many turks try to say the food is completly stolen from them since it has a turkish name....so i defend against that. Im not saying everything is Greek......Im saying its not right for you to talk trash about the team when Turkey isnt in it either.

and yes the weather is good here today.....

but u must tell me what tulumba is because i leave for turkey in 6 days!

Well here is my 2 cents on things,

Suprised that we didnt make it? Not at all. Yesterday we proved that our system of play goes so far and turns to failure. Denmark was beatable but you have to play at their level to do so. Speed, position and quick thinking and strength. The danes were winning most if not all the headers.

You cannot win matches only on set pieces or making constant long passes and especially where you have no control of midfield and playing back the ball to your goalkeeper from mid.

After euro04 teams realized and understood perfectly our "style" and it became easy to contain. We didnt make the changes even after struggling in matches. Whatever that's the passed.

For me the loss against Ukraine in Athens and the dismal performance in the Confed cup and the Kaza match extinguished any hope. Last night was the cherry on the cake. I suspect that they'll be many retirements of the old guard and hopefully they'll go back to the drawing board and come up with something fresh. The players said that finally the team was coming out to play. Well crunch time came and the result is what it is.

Our ethniki came and conquered euro04. They did it and deserved it. Thanks for the great memories and moments and more to come.

:gr:

Guest Protathlitis

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

you are like your prime minister saying thr Trojans were Turkish because Troy was in modern day turkey :LOL: :LOL:

get a grip man. you cant just be proud that history happened in modern turkey. because it has nothing to do with TURKS :LOL: :LOL:

yeh that albania game is a major factor, and also the home game against Ukraine where we had numerous scoring opportunities, Goumas had an opportunity that my grandma couldv'e scored, had it gone in, we would almost certainly have 2nd place in the bag.

The albania game wasnt a major factor as you might think. It was only the first game and you have time to recover. Also, after that game, we tied Turkey and then went on a run. Even if we had beaten Albania, we still would not have gotten second place. The Ukraine loss was a much bigger blow for 2 major reasons:

First, it affected the psychology of the team. Greece played well to win and wind up losing on one chance by Ukraine. Greece then went on a slump: Confederations Cup - one point and no goals in 3 games. Afterwards, a loss in Belgium in a friendly, and in Kaz, a win but a poor performance. Finally, a poor performance and a loss in denmark.

Second, if Ukraine had not won the game against us, then the match against Turkey at home would have been a game that Ukraine would have taken more seriously and the result might have been different.

If my forefathers would be asholes and had killed greek civilians like many other Empires did... than maybe you wouldnt exist..

The ottoman empire had no aim to slave the greek people ...they saw the greek people as a part of the empire who also pay taxes....

Turks led not a bloody war against innocents people read the history if had burn down every greek city ...than greece would not exist malaga !!!

You are every good example of  a greek fanatic.

I know Greeks here who are patriotic and NOT fanatic  but this is Ok and they know what values we have in common :

values like :

-honor

-family

-humanity

Do you know what I mean oyu fool..

It is a waste of time to talk with you

Honor? Family? Humanity?

Who are you kidding? These virtues do not apply to the genocides that occured between 1915-1923 against the Armenians, Greeks, and Assyrians, which the Turkish government denies, the pogrom launched against the Greeks in 1955 in Constantinople, which is now being discovered, the invasion of Cyprus in 1974, (the Turkish part did not get into the EU), the continued airspace violations, the oppression of 15 million Kurds in east Turkey, being USA's b**ch after Israel (26 BILLION DOLLARS annual aid from USA), and building a military with American help. Also, so many Greek ruins are in Turkey's west coast that the Turkish tourism industry makes a lot of money off it.

What honor, family and humanity do you see? Turkey's laws are more Middle Eastern than European. The EU does not want a nationalistic, military government in its system, a military that has the ability to overthrow a political gvt that is a threat to Attaturk nationalism. That is NOT democacy, especially not a Eurpean one. Your large country of 70 million is, economically, a poverty-stricken nation compared to large countries like Germany, France, Spain, and Italy.

If Turkey joins the EU, then all that I stated above will come into light for all of Europe to discover....

Very good posts plato-ny, I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head. Otto's stubborness has reached the point of irrationalism. I see no logic in keeping him (unless a miracle does happen and we finish second). Its clearly not working. He was great obviously but its apparently reached its end. I think now that we proved to everyone that there is soccer talent in Greece there will be some really good reputable coaches who will be interested in the job. Our Euro triumph was NOT a fluke, thats absolutely ridiculous since we beat a number of tough teams.

And dont forget this player :

The end of greek WC 2006 dreans:

Posted Image

Michael Gravgaard

Dont forget Verpakovskis who scored the tying goal against Turkey in Turkey which ended 2-2 and knocked you out of Euro 2004 qualifying...

Posted Image

turkcell,

its enoutgh we have one or two kol*gavri bustin our papakia in here, (u guys know who you are),

so,

as for you,

please,

FAKADORO!!!!!

shitman you are you calling kolo.....,and what is your problem?papakia?and can you guys stop the history lessons this is a f-u-c-k-i-n-g sport forum not history channel.if you have nothing else to say about the game or the greek national soccer team then shut the f-u-c-k up.

ela re crazykabero, edo den stibisan i fili, greeksoccerfanatic kio protathlitis (egine paradossi i kontra mas, teleftea omos ta vriskume.... tulaxiston den me apokalune shitman...) :LOL:

oso gia sena, su kano prout stin muri!!!! but since its soccer u want... soccer ull get (san endixi kalis heliseos, trelokabero etsi?)

enjoy!

CARROT IS NOT FRUIT.... TURKEY IS NOT EUROPE!!!

Posted Image

nikopolidis - 7.5 - Goal was partly his fault but I believe that responsibility should be shared with Vryzas/Lymb who were supposed to defend the Dane. Nikopolidis made a few good saves and I think overall did a good job.

seitaridis - 8.0 - Was his old self after hibernating like a ###### bear for the past few games.

kapsis - 7.5 - played well for being put on the left side and made some good defensive stops. Keep remebering the ball he stopped with outstreached legs which had it got past him rommendhal was going straight for the goal.

kyrgiakos - 8 made sure few Danes got a chance and made the required stops.

katsouranis - 8 ditto Kyriakos

zagorakis - 4.5 - invisible except for his shouting. Ghost of himself and should have been removed.

basinas - 6.5 - did not make any major mistakes and made a few decent defensive stops. His free kicks were too low and his rustiness showed over time.

karagounis - 5 - too little imagination from the player. Maybe a result of the play of others maybe his fault, but playing at less than 100% was evident and hurt the team.

stelios - 5 - little to show. should have hit the ball first time in the opening minute rather than try to trap the ball 3 yeards in front of Sorensen.

vryzas - 7 He really tried but was too alone to do anything. I don't like him but in this game he gave it his all, maybe he knew it was his last with the NT.

lymberopoulos - 4.5 - wasted selection. 'Nuff said.

salpiggidis - 6 - rookie play - great and then sloppy - but showed that he has something to give in the future.

kafes - 5 - invisible.

gekkas - 4 - Mr. Offsides. Has he ever played a game where he did not elad in being offsides ? Another wasted selection, I would have gone with Mantzios purely becuase I'm sure he was not scouted by the danes and would have been an unknown.

otto - 6 - Selection questions, and I think the players have stopped listening. all through the game he was yelling for them to push up and yet the team was content in passing the ball around the defense as if we were winning.

Impossible!!!

First of all...

I wont go into analysis... but please can out Friends from Turkey understand that after all this is a Greek Forum...

We mods defend the right for freedom of speech, shield people from national abuse etc...

But when someone is coming in here just to flame topics after a defeat we cannot do anything to stop the topics being ruined for readers

This thread is closed...

Talk about football

And UNDERSTAND special occasions ... dont just throw bitterness around..

Thank you

Archived