Phantis Forums

WCq: Denmark - GREECE

Ziaka

Dellas will not be playing he has yet to play a competative game with AEK and has not featured in the UEFA cup tie with ZENIT i dont think Otto will put him in a game with so much riding on it.

But having said that Charisteas, has been bad for the national team in the last 4 games, but he has really improved at ajax i think he should be called up because of his current form he scoerd two gaols at his last game, does anyone know what Vryzaz is doing at his club????

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm more worried about denmark's dangerous wingers like jorgensen, perez, rommedahl, gronkjaer and of course tomasson up the middle

i don't think dellas will play, the game is in about 10 days and using him would be a mistake. he's been training alot but there is nothing like playing in competitive games which he lacks. having said that i expect to see the same starting lineup in this game as the one vs. kaz

Age can sometimes be a good thing, especially with a shaky defense--but as far as the midfield goes (and lets face it, that's when Denmark's strength lies) hasn't Graveson been playing like shyte recently at Madrid?

I doubt Dellas will get a lot of playing time if he's even called up, but Kapsis has been underwhelming of late, and I figure at best, he'll be subbed on for the last 20 minutes or so.

Assuming we're not down a goal or two, but by that point, it'll all be over.

I guess I posted this in the wrong thread. Hope this helps:

Here is the Danish squad for our game (and their other qualifier at Kazakstan on Oct 12). With this kind of talent they have, we have to play our best, and our attack has to put out more than the s**** they've been putting out over the past 7 or so games. Either way:

Goalkeepers: Thomas Sorensen (Aston Villa), Jesper Christiansen (FC Copenhagen)

Defenders: Brian Priske (Portsmouth), Lars Jacobsen (FC Copenhagen), Per Nielsen (Brondby), Thomas Helveg (Monchengladbach), Niclas Jensen (Fulham), Michael Gravgaard (FC Copenhagen)

Midfielders: Thomas Kahlenberg (Auxerre), Christian Poulsen (Schalke 04), Thomas Gravesen (Real Madrid), Claus Jensen (Fulham), Daniel Jensen (Werder Bremen)

Forwards: Kenneth Perez (AZ Alkmaar), Martin Jorgensen (Fiorentina), Dennis Rommedahl (Charlton Athletic), Jesper Gronkjaer (Stuttgart), Jon Dahl Tomasson (Stuttgart), Soren Larsen (Schalke 04), Morten Skoubo (Brondby).

Here we go....:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/WorldCup/...sId=347999.html

Otto has named his squad.....and yes Dellas has been called....will he play??? I personally hope he does...this is the biggest game of the year and i will want a 80-90% fit Dellas over a 100% Vyntra...this is the biggest game of the qualifiers.

He also called up a few more strikers....which is good...I hope he uses Stelio as a libero and goes with 3 strikers up front...remember their defence is weak and we will have to use our speed to break them.

Here's our squad for the Denamrk game:

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Antonis Nikopolidis (Olympiakos Piraeus), Stefanos Kotsolis (AE Larisa)

Defenders: Yourkas Seitaridis (Dynamo Moscow), Takis Fyssas (Hearts), Michalis Kapsis (Olympiakos Piraeus), Giorgos Anatolakis (Olympiakos Piraeus), Sotiris Kyrgiakos (Rangers), Loukas Vyntra (Panathinaikos), Traianos Dellas (AEK Athens), Yannis Goumas (Panathinaikos)

Midfielders: Giorgos Karagounis (Benfica), Costas Katsouranis (AEK Athens), Angelos Basinas (currently without a team), Theodoros Zagorakis (PAOK Salonika), Stelios Giannakopoulos (Bolton Wanderers), Pantelis Kafes (Olympiakos Piraeus)

Forwards: Zisis Vryzas (Fiorentina), Angelos Haristeas (Ajax Amsterdam), Dimitris Salpingidis (PAOK Salonika), Nikos Liberopoulos (AEK Athens), Dimitris Papadopoulos, Fanis Gekas, Vangelis Mantzios (all Panathinaikos)

Lots of surprises here. First off, unless Sifakis is hurt or painfully out of form, I don't why they'd bring Kostolis in. Even Eleftheropolous would be a decent call-up.

Defensively: Drop Anatolakis, Vyntra, and Goumas if he's hurt. Kapsis dosen't start for thrynos but he's still ok off the bench (as long as he dosen't play like he did against Belgium :ph34r: :angry: ugh). Alexopolous from AEK should be included. Darlas has also been playng well for PAO and I hope he get's brought in at some point in the near future.

Midfield: Drop Basinas. Where's Lakis :blink: ?? He played well against Belgium and to my knowledge hasen't been bad or hurt at AEK. Other than that we're good here.

Forwards: Drop Gekas and Pap (if he is hurt). He has been playing pretty bad as of late and his finishing skills (at least recently) are on par with that of Yannis Okkas :( :whistle: . Mantizos surprises me a bit but hey, considering how bad our forward play has been as of late, it certainly couldn't hurt.

If I were Otto here's how I'd start against Denmark w/ the above squad (4-4-2):

GK: Nikopolidis.

Defense: Fyssas (left wing); Kyraigos (center), Dellas (if healthy) or Goumas (if healthy) (center); Seitaridis (right wing).

Midfield (diamond): Zagorakis (defensive), Stelios (left), Kafes (right), Kargounis or Lymbe (attacking).

Forward (as much as I hate to do this, we don't have any other proven options): Charisteas, Vryzas.

Your thoughts...???

Defense: Fyssas (left wing); Kyraigos (center), Dellas (if healthy) or Goumas (if healthy) (center); Seitaridis (right wing).

Midfield (diamond): Zagorakis (defensive), Stelios (left), Kafes (right), Kargounis or Lymbe (attacking).

Forward (as much as I hate to do this, we don't have any other proven options): Charisteas, Vryzas.

Your thoughts...???

Please not Goumas. He's liable for a number of goals against us and this one is too big for us to risk having him as a central defender. I would put Kapsis instead of Goumas and take my chances. Dropping Katsouranis back in a defensive midfield would also be an option although niot an ideal one.

Vryzas ain't going to do it and we will waste one substitution for no reason. I would prefer to use Pap for his speed and have him wear hismelf out and then bring in the young legs of Mantzios to keep the defensive pressure. Aggelos is already slow and teaming him up with Vryzas is a defender's dream. Speed, speed, speed, we need it in all fronts.

And I beg Otto, have the players take shots from 20-30 meters out. Test the keeper, make the defeenders aware of the potential shot rather than have them bunch up the middle and not allow through balls. the one-two touch in the box is not going to work neither is the long ball in with those tall but slow defenders.

Otto, with our backs against the wall, this is the time to innovate and take it to the other team. No defensive passes, no slow progressions up the field from the back line, becuase this has not worked.

Speed, speed, speed, we need it in all fronts.

Here is what I want to see for Greece and what to expect from Denmark.

Nikopolidis

Dellas (hope)

Yioukas Kyrgiakos Fyssas

Karagounis Zagorakis Stelios

Mantzios Charisteas Liberopoulos

with Gekas(Mantz), Kats (Zago) & Kafes (??) coming off the bench)

vs

Larsen Tommasson Gronkjear (Half??)

Rommendahl Gravesen Jensen

Poulsen Gravgaard N.Jensen Helveg

Soresen

Your thoughts???

Speed will be key!!!

Here is how the 2 teams might set up:

Here's our squad for the Denamrk game:

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Antonis Nikopolidis (Olympiakos Piraeus), Stefanos Kotsolis (AE Larisa)

Defenders: Yourkas Seitaridis (Dynamo Moscow), Takis Fyssas (Hearts), Michalis Kapsis (Olympiakos Piraeus), Giorgos Anatolakis (Olympiakos Piraeus), Sotiris Kyrgiakos (Rangers), Loukas Vyntra (Panathinaikos), Traianos Dellas (AEK Athens), Yannis Goumas (Panathinaikos)

Midfielders: Giorgos Karagounis (Benfica), Costas Katsouranis (AEK Athens), Angelos Basinas (currently without a team), Theodoros Zagorakis (PAOK Salonika), Stelios Giannakopoulos (Bolton Wanderers), Pantelis Kafes (Olympiakos Piraeus)

Forwards: Zisis Vryzas (Fiorentina), Angelos Haristeas (Ajax Amsterdam), Dimitris Salpingidis (PAOK Salonika), Nikos Liberopoulos (AEK Athens), Dimitris Papadopoulos, Fanis Gekas, Vangelis Mantzios (all Panathinaikos)

Lots of surprises here. First off, unless Sifakis is hurt or painfully out of form, I don't why they'd bring Kostolis in. Even Eleftheropolous would be a decent call-up.

Defensively: Drop Anatolakis, Vyntra, and Goumas if he's hurt. Kapsis dosen't start for thrynos but he's still ok off the bench (as long as he dosen't play like he did against Belgium :ph34r: :angry: ugh). Alexopolous from AEK should be included. Darlas has also been playng well for PAO and I hope he get's brought in at some point in the near future.

Midfield: Drop Basinas. Where's Lakis :blink: ?? He played well against Belgium and to my knowledge hasen't been bad or hurt at AEK. Other than that we're good here.

Forwards: Drop Gekas and Pap (if he is hurt). He has been playing pretty bad as of late and his finishing skills (at least recently) are on par with that of Yannis Okkas :( :whistle: . Mantizos surprises me a bit but hey, considering how bad our forward play has been as of late, it certainly couldn't hurt.

Your thoughts...???

The one thing that I might change from your line-up is that Lybe might be in for Vryza. I completely understand of why you might not want him in from the start so lets get Lybe in from the start. Maybe if he doesn't pull his weight then Vryzas can come in and play. As we've all seen Vryzas does VERY well for about 20-30min (tops) and then he drops off the face of the earth...

Other than that I like it... Hopefully someone is outhtere looking at this.

Paidia why are we not even mentioning Salpigidis!

Every goal PAOK scores I see this name, OK not every but you know what I mean.

Paps and Gekkas are not in FORM, Lybe is not a 90 min man good to bring in the 2nd half.

I think Salpigidis should get a start but Otto wont do it.

This game will test our(FANS)nerves. We can not open up from the start. We must wait them out and hope they OPEN up 1st.

Lineup:

Nikopolidis

Fysas

Kyriakos

Dellas(It will be Kapsis cause Traianos is not fit)

Giourkas

Basinas( Has no place on the squad let alone the ENDEKADA, I would like to See Kafes)

Stelios

Zagorakis

Katsouranis

Karagounis

Charisteas

Stelios and Karagounis must stand out for us or else I think we will drop this game.

Stelios will poach and act as a 2nd striker, and a DANISH mistake would be OH so SWEET :tup:

Paithia I just saw the Charisteas incident with Arsenal

PAAAAAAAAH

Poor Charisteas

Kolo Tourre - now will be called Kolo Tripa - smashed his head open with his own kefala - bleeding and disoriented - I hope he is OK vs Denmark

Otherwise????

Squad:

Goalkeepers: Antonis Nikopolidis (Olympiakos), Stefanos Kotsolis (Larisa)

Defenders: Yourkas Seitaridis (Dynamo Moscow), Takis Fyssas (Hearts), Michalis Kapsis (Olympiakos), Giorgos Anatolakis (Olympiakos), Sotiris Kyrgiakos (Rangers), Loukas Vyntra (Panathinaikos), Traianos Dellas (AEK Athens), Yannis Goumas (Panathinaikos)

Midfielders: Giorgos Karagounis (Benfica), Costas Katsouranis (AEK Athens), Angelos Basinas (currently without a team), Theodoros Zagorakis (PAOK Salonika), Stelios Giannakopoulos (Bolton), Pantelis Kafes (Olympiakos)

Forwards: Zisis Vryzas (Fiorentina), Angelos Haristeas (Ajax), Dimitris Salpingidis (PAOK Salonika), Nikos Liberopoulos (AEK Athens), Dimitris Papadopoulos, Fanis Gekas, Vangelis Mantzios (all Panathinaikos)

Guest Protathlitis

Why hes brought up Mantzios for his debut in this game I dont know

I strongly disagree with: Maztios, Gekas, Vyntra, Anatolakis, Kafes, Goumas

WHY THE FUCCK IS AMANATIDIS, TSIARTAS AND TAVLARIDIS??

Guest Protathlitis

i am shattered by ottos decisions. i think hes gone mad

anyway working within his selections this is what i want to see. AND NO FRIGEEN BASINAS AS A SWEEPER KATALAVES OTTO

...........................Nikopolidis....................................

Seitaridi.......Kapsis........Dellas/ Kyriakos......Fyssas

.............................Katsou...................................

Kara.....................Zagorakis.................Giannakopoulo

..................Charisteas.........Lymbe......................

subs: (there would be amanatidis if otto didnt not call him), Salp, pap, Basinas

you can t really call up tsiartas. he has only played about 5 matches since the euro. and isn t even close to having a team...

tsiartas was a genius in his prime, but at the moment he seems over.

i am afraid of basinas playing against the danes. he hes played only 2 games this season and has no team. mantzios did play well against bremen. papadopoulos is a good plyer, don t doubt him. if he is fit for the game, he will turn heads...

to me gekas needs too many chances to score. salpigidis is an exceptional striker, hope he gets a chance.

i agree that tavlaridis would have been a good addition. amanatidis is also a good player but i believe the strikers otto brought this time around are good. hope the endekada is too.

our big problem is the set plays. if there are no decent crosses, having charisteas on pitch is like playing with 10 players. a pure waste...unfortunately except for basinas and maybe salpigidis there is no one in sight to get some good freekicks or corners in.

Guest Protathlitis

guys Tsiartas has not played a game to make us think he has lost his magic which not so long ago everyone was saying was so vital to the NT

anyway its irrelevant because otto didnt call him up. thats why im worried about who will come off the bench for midfield!! the only player who can come on is Kafes :(

and he used gekas off the bench in the last game so if he uses him vryzas or manztios instead of salp and lybe i will be very worried

Why hes brought up Mantzios for his debut in this game I dont know

I strongly disagree with: Maztios, Gekas, Vyntra, Anatolakis, Kafes, Goumas

WHY THE FUCCK IS AMANATIDIS, TSIARTAS AND TAVLARIDIS??

tsiartas :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

please stop we need fast and strong players to run and tackle

Guest Protathlitis

yes slicky boy and who are the only people otto has called up to come off the bench in midfield? Kafes and Basinas you idiot

And I bet you you were in love with the guy after the ukraine goal and other times hes saved the NT

yes slicky boy and who are the only people otto has called up to come off the bench in midfield? Kafes and Basinas you idiot

And I bet you you were in love with the guy after the ukraine goal and other times hes saved the NT

the guy is 33 or more!

he is too slow and most important he does not mark

so VROMOATHLITIS he has nothing to do in the national team just like vryzas

tavlaridis wanted to leave lille for glasgow. after that he was sidelined by coach and club. he is a substitute but doesnt get game time because he wanted to leave...

the problem with tsiartas who is on of the greatest players we ever had is that we have to regard his career as over. he is no were close to fit and has no club what so ever. therefore he is in no position to help the national team. we saw or more correctly didn t see in the confederations cup how tsiartas performs. sad but true this great player is 95% retired.

dont get me wrong i am a big tsiartas fan. i would also trade in our whole offense to get nikolaidis back in action...but he retired as well.

i think dellas won t be fit in time for the game. so dont count on him...

Guest Protathlitis

slickas....he was 33 when he pulled some magic everyone was pulling the dicks over so no change their. he has never been able to mark or tackle. he is a sub who is expected to produce magic

I doubt he was fit in many of the games he came on as a sub and pulled some magic

because of ottos selections the ONLY people in midfield we have off the bench (assuming zago, katsou, stelio, kara start) is Kafes and Basinas ;)

we have to hope with all our hearts he starts Lymbe instead of Vryzas but now that hes dropped Amanatidis for Manztios look at the strikers we haev to come one: most likely like last game he'll bring on Gekas and Vryzas :xxx:

Archived