Phantis Forums

Anorthosis - Trabzonspor?

Irlandos

ANORTHOSIS WILL ###### THE TURKS TONIGHT. :tup: :tup: :tup:

WE WILL FIGHT FOR OUR OCCUPIED HOMES, FOR THE UNJUSTICE THAT WE LIVE FOR 31 YEARS NOW AND OUR WIN WILL SHOW THE WORLD THAT GREEK SOUL IS POWERFULL. :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr

AS SOMEONE SAID YEARS AGO: HEROES FIGHT LIKE GREEKS

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

GO ANORTHOSIS

ANORTHOSIS-FAMAGUSTA

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know about "peripheral" details:

Was the game well-attended?

Were there any T/C's at the match?

Were the Trabzonspor players well-received (other than the "berdaki" of the 3-1 score)?

I managed to the last 5 mins of the 1st half in a Turkish barber shop getting a haircut. Dunno why, but they didnt put it on again after half time and I thought 1-0 was the final result.

The stadium was about 80% full, it was quite nigly with continues fouls. I think Trabzon being left with 10 played a bit part in it.

However, congrats to Anorthosi for the win! :tup:

I'm sure though it will be a heated affair in the return.

politics aside, this tie should be an easy match for Trabzonspor. Frousos, Ksenides or anybody... Trabzonspor or even the Turkish League has tens of quality players as those guys... I will be hugely surprised and disappointed if Lazoki lose out... ;)

by the way, those banner problems will always be there when a Greek/Turk or Greek Cyrpiot/Turk team matches up. We all remember what happened when PAO-FB played a few seasons ago. Some Fener fans were welcome with banners such as "The best Turk is a dead Turk!". What Turks do in terms of banners is usually about the 1453 case which is more than 550 years old now and some of my Greek mates really see it as a good sense of humour. Some may see it as a direct insult but it is surely not as insulting as calling somebody better when s/he's dead... ;)

can you also explain me the banners in Efes v PAO games when just behind the Efes bench something like that "S...ktirin gidin Turkiye ve Butun Turkler" opened as a banner??? :o

these things have always happened and will always happen in both countries. the thing "keep up the friendship" is not about these matters. It's about being able to keep a cordial conversation with Turks v Greeks and right in here we're doing that very well... Both countries have their political views but it should not be what is driving the way of our conversations... ;)

So leave everything behind and talk about football... :tup:

My friend u guys are lucky it was 6 or 7 nothing..The second best team in Turkey looked like a house league team in this match..Greek pride prevailed once again...As the GSP was in full force with 18000 Anorthosis fans..The Greeks were united once again......Never under estimate a team u never know what can happen..Ketsbaia men were playing with pride..He even took himself off to give his team so flare with Kinkladzde..It should be interesting going back to Turkey Bravo paithia u made us proud....The Greek National Anthem was rocking the GSP tonight...

Does anyone know about "peripheral" details:

Was the game well-attended?

Were there any T/C's at the match?

Were the Trabzonspor players well-received (other than the "berdaki" of the 3-1 score)?

they say about 4000 Turkish Cypriots and 18000 Greek Cypriots..They were chanting and singing the National ANTHEM THE WHOLE GAME..........

ANORTHOSIS WILL ###### THE TURKS TONIGHT. :tup: :tup: :tup:

WE WILL FIGHT FOR OUR OCCUPIED HOMES, FOR THE UNJUSTICE THAT WE LIVE FOR 31 YEARS NOW AND OUR WIN WILL SHOW THE WORLD THAT GREEK SOUL IS POWERFULL. :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr

AS SOMEONE SAID YEARS AGO: HEROES FIGHT LIKE GREEKS

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

GO ANORTHOSIS

ANORTHOSIS-FAMAGUSTA

Bravo sta paithia....They played with there hearts.....

Guest roismangas

Pontios,

First of all you are not pontios. Min mas sprosvaleis, re axriste. Mpori na eise o monos pontios pou thelei tous tourkous. Xereis yiati? Yiati eise o yios tou Ahmet.

guys, congratulations for the big win. it's probably the biggest win in Cypriot football's history.

especially defensively Trabzonspor was totally shitty and Anorthosi fully deserved their win.

i see a few offending-like remarks here. there's no need to do that cause it all progressed in a civilised manner.

iakovost, unjustice is a "relative" and "comparable" term so I would be much more careful if I were to use such an expression in such a delicate subject.

Evergreen, I do not believe they did not watch the game! Idiots! They must have smoked something just before you stepped in the barber's.

Game details for you if you like:

9' Mehmet Yilmaz missed a golden opportunity as his attempt to lob the keeeper ended in Mediterranean...

13' A Yattara cross was deflected goalwards by Xenydis but Georgalydis saved. The ball found its way to Bekiroglu Volkan but his shot dragged wide...

24' Eller's misjudgements of a Ketsbaja cross led the ball to Marangkos and his cross-shot was diverted by Jefferson. The ball found its way to Nicholaou who blasted it home from 16 yards: 1-0...

33' A banana cross from Yattara was shot by Yilmaz towards goal. The ball hit Xenydis's heel and went wide.

40' Bekiroglu Volkan had a well-powered shot from edge of the area to the right side of Anorthosi penalty are but it flew over the bar.

42' Yattara and Hadji first tangled than elbowed each other. In a dubious decision, both players were given yellow cards when both should be sent off in my opinion.

44' Yattara fouled Katsavakis and had a go at goal after ref's whistle. He was sent off accordingly.

57' Leonydas Kabanthais was set free by a crafty through ball from Koba but the Greek striker dragged his shot wide of Jefferson's left hand side post.

76' After a good spell of pressure, Trabzonspor levelled the game with a Fatih Tekke header from a Szymkowiak corner: 1-1...

81' A neat-looking one-two between Tekke and Gokdeniz set the latter one-on-one with the goalkeeper but Giorgalydis was lucky when the shot was deflected over his boot.

82' A cover up mistake in the defence left Greek striker Froussos with a free header and his well-placed shot left Jefferson helpless: 2-1...

89' A bad-looking pass played into Koba somehow found its way to him after a total misjudgement by Cora and the Georgian winger capitalized on this free chance: 3-1...

nice job COMPLETLTY UNDERESTIMATING CYPRIOT FOOTBALL BTW

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

i saw some turk sport website all i saw was "trabzonspor 2 ligi"! i guess they all moved to attack trabzonspor because they cant get over the fact Anorthosis is actually pretty good and a better organized team.

we were waiting for Cypriot football to start making its breakthrough in europe, and by the looks of it they have begun.

guys, congratulations for the big win. it's probably the biggest win in Cypriot football's history.

Huge win but the biggest win was a lot of years ago when we were still semiprofessionals, Omonoia VS Ajax 4-0. If you read Ajax history is their biggest loss in European games. :D

Come on UEFA.. Besiktas for OMONOIA!!

:P

Huge win but the biggest win was a lot of years ago when we were still semiprofessionals, Omonoia VS Ajax 4-0. If you read Ajax history is their biggest loss in European games. :D

Come on UEFA.. Besiktas for OMONOIA!!

:P

Yes it was a big win but put it into context. Tell everyone the 1st leg score!

Archived