Phantis Forums

Anorthosis - Trabzonspor?

Irlandos

politics aside, this tie should be an easy match for Trabzonspor. Frousos, Ksenides or anybody... Trabzonspor or even the Turkish League has tens of quality players as those guys... I will be hugely surprised and disappointed if Lazoki lose out... ;)

by the way, those banner problems will always be there when a Greek/Turk or Greek Cyrpiot/Turk team matches up. We all remember what happened when PAO-FB played a few seasons ago. Some Fener fans were welcome with banners such as "The best Turk is a dead Turk!". What Turks do in terms of banners is usually about the 1453 case which is more than 550 years old now and some of my Greek mates really see it as a good sense of humour. Some may see it as a direct insult but it is surely not as insulting as calling somebody better when s/he's dead... ;)

can you also explain me the banners in Efes v PAO games when just behind the Efes bench something like that "S...ktirin gidin Turkiye ve Butun Turkler" opened as a banner??? :o

these things have always happened and will always happen in both countries. the thing "keep up the friendship" is not about these matters. It's about being able to keep a cordial conversation with Turks v Greeks and right in here we're doing that very well... Both countries have their political views but it should not be what is driving the way of our conversations... ;)

So leave everything behind and talk about football... :tup:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

politics aside, this tie should be an easy match for Trabzonspor. Frousos, Ksenides or anybody... Trabzonspor or even the Turkish League has tens of quality players as those guys... I will be hugely surprised and disappointed if Lazoki lose out... ;)

by the way, those banner problems will always be there when a Greek/Turk or Greek Cyrpiot/Turk team matches up. We all remember what happened when PAO-FB played a few seasons ago. Some Fener fans were welcome with banners such as "The best Turk is a dead Turk!". What Turks do in terms of banners is usually about the 1453 case which is more than 550 years old now and some of my Greek mates really see it as a good sense of humour. Some may see it as a direct insult but it is surely not as insulting as calling somebody better when s/he's dead... ;)

can you also explain me the banners in Efes v PAO games when just behind the Efes bench something like that "S...ktirin gidin Turkiye ve Butun Turkler" opened as a banner??? :o

these things have always happened and will always happen in both countries. the thing "keep up the friendship" is not about these matters. It's about being able to keep a cordial conversation with Turks v Greeks and right in here we're doing that very well... Both countries have their political views but it should not be what is driving the way of our conversations... ;)

So leave everything behind and talk about football... :tup:

writing threats/talking trash is one thing but seeing banners like olympic diving champions in 1922- thats incredibly sick beyond anything i have ever seen at a football mactch. Its just as disgusting your FA didnt take them down, and even more disgusting UEFA didnt do anything.

and yes Trabzonspor are clear favourites....but this is football, anyone can beat anyone in the profesional level and all it takes is for Froussos or Tekke to beat his defender once and you could be looking at a different game.....thats why this is the best sport :tup:

Bluesx, the 2 games will be played in Trabzon an Nicosia.

I dont understand where do these idiotic info, u and some other users get, come from which say the game will be played in germany,athens,green line,mars,honk-kong, guatemala or whatever.

Trabzon will come to Cyprus through Athens with olympic or cyprus airways, whats more simple than that?

drakos13: lets see any banners and greek flags on fire and we ll talk bout it.

and in pontos we have a saying: ###### colombus curioscity and usa.

Any good player or coach who respects himself wouldnt be playing in Cyprus.

The only reason that Froussos,Moussos and Poutsos are playing at anorthosis is cause they cant find a team anywhere else.

Ketsbaia is like 4235456476 years old and the only league in which he would be fit is cypriot leaague,cause its a joke.

Bluesx, the 2 games will be played in Trabzon an Nicosia.

I dont understand where do these idiotic info, u and some other users get, come from which say the game will be played in germany,athens,green line,mars,honk-kong, guatemala or whatever.

Trabzon will come to Cyprus through Athens with olympic or cyprus airways, whats more simple than that?

Frankly, I read the news on local Trabzon media and Turkish sports media and it sounded quite likely that Trabzonspor will not be able to find a chartered jet to take them to Greek Cyprus. Gunes said it was impossible to find a route via passenger flights due to high season and the nature of the route. Though they seem to be looking to hire a commercial carrier from Congo or Madagascar!

In any case... PEACE!

The Cypriot league is better than most people think!

Remember also that there is a big gap between the top clubs - who would easily fit in the Greek League - and the bottom ones.

Should Trabzonspor underestimate Anorthosis on the pitch, they will be heading back to the Black Sea in a very black mood.

Cyprus ready for Trabzonspor

Reuters

Police and security forces were meeting on Thursday to ensure next week's politically-sensitive Champions League qualifier between Anorthosis Famagusta of Cyprus and Turkey's Trabzonspor passes without trouble.

The clubs meet in the first leg of the second qualifying round of Europe's elite club competition next Tuesday in Nicosia with the second leg at Trabzon in Turkey the following week.

It is the first time since Turkey invaded Cyprus in 1974 that teams from the two countries will face each in a senior UEFA competition, although Cypriot and Turkish sides have met in other sports including basketball, handball and tennis.

High-ranking officials from the police, security forces, Cyprus FA and the clubs were expected to base security plans on those adopted when Israel's Maccabi Haifa used Nicosia's stadium as its home ground for Champions League matches two years ago.

They have to decide whether any Turkish fans will be allowed into the game and how the tickets will be distributed. The match is being played in Nicosia as no other stadium in Cyprus comes up to UEFA standards for European matches.

The authorities will also announce at a news conference on Friday whether any Turkish Cypriots will be allowed to attend the match after they requested about 1,500 tickets for the game.

Cypriot champions Anorthosis reached the second qualifying round after a 2-1 aggregate win over Dinamo Minsk of Belarus. Trabzonspor enter the competition at the second qualifying round stage after finishing as Turkish league runners-up last season.

Although the matches will be the first between teams from the two countries, it is not the first time their clubs have been drawn together.

In 1986 APOEL Nicosia were paired with Besiktas of Istanbul in the European Cup but the tie never took place after APOEL asked UEFA to move both matches to neutral grounds.

UEFA refused, ordering the games to take place as scheduled and APOEL decided, following orders from the government, to withdraw from the competition.

They were subsequently suspended for two years from any UEFA competition, but since then tensions have eased even though the island is still divided with more than 40,000 Turkish soldiers on the north of the island.

Anorthosis was formed in Famagusta in 1911 and played there until the city was occupied in 1974. It is now on the northern side of the Green Line, the UN buffer zone that divides Cyprus. The team now play their home matches in Larnaca.

Anorthosis chairman Andreas Panteli said on Thursday: "These two matches will make history for both Cypriot football and Anorthosis. We are covered by different kinds of emotions but we are going to play football and do our best."

Georgian Temuri Ketsbaia, who has also played for Newcastle United and AEK Athens and is now player-coach at Anorthosis, said his team face a tough task.

"Trabzonspor are a better side but we are going to try our best over both legs. We have another week and I am sure that my team will play better than against Dinamo Minsk."

Ishan Delerioglu of Trabzonspor said his team were favourites to advance, adding: "These two matches are historical for both sides and we look forward to them."

"Anorthosis are very good and we will take them very seriously."

and in pontos we have a saying: ###### colombus curioscity and usa.

what the ###### is that meaning? :angry: you have a problem with USA? what the hell does a pontios know about USA or anything rather :LOL: ...

watch youll see in shock and probably tears when you see your "pontiaka paliakarakia " like Yilmaz and Tekke (TURKS not Pontioi) get scored on and lose the game. Anorthosis is gonna take the first leg 3-1 and Trabzon will be unlucky to win 1-0 and say bye bye....even if Trabzon go through PAO will draw them and then your turkish friends are really F***ed...

and i would love to hear what you have to say when your "people" are having banners written in Turkish, waiving Turkish flags and the fake flag of "north cyprus" and chanting anti greek things. Youll see it. You know you will. Weve saw it last year in Inonu stadium. We saw it in Xalkidona in Sukru Saracoglu as well... i

Lol all Pontious are funny like you? You don't respect that you are coming to Cyprus and we accept you? Isn't enough? Maybe we need to ###### you as the turks did in past to you?

Finally are you a GreekPontious or TurkPontious?

P.S. Because you try to prove that Cyprus League is shitty.. tell me your Pontus best team.. if you have any at all..

P.S2. Ketsbaia (newcastle), Kinkladze(Manchester City), Magno Mocelin(Alaves), Vakouftsis(Fiorentina), Wooter (Ajax and now Panathinaikos), Fernandes, Okon, Raufmann, Mguni (Had this summer offer of 3M euro from Qatar) and so many other top players must be very stupid to play in Cyprus according to your words..

Any good player or coach who respects himself wouldnt be playing in Cyprus.

The only reason that Froussos,Moussos and Poutsos are playing at anorthosis is cause they cant find a team anywhere else.

Ketsbaia is like 4235456476 years old and the only league in which he would be fit is cypriot leaague,cause its a joke.

I hope u dont live in Cyprus because if a Greek Cypriot heard u talking like this u wouldnt be there too much longer...It should be interesting my friend i dont even have a comment for ur idiotic comments..Remember Cyprus is a island 0f 700000 people not 60 million..You must be smoking some Pontian weed if u think the turks will get out of there alive...I hope just one fan shows up to the game supporting the Turks hopefully its u..I will be very funny..

Guest Protathlitis

Pontios you are a fool, and a disgrace to all pontians

Cypriots shouldent take comments like that because I have many Pontian freinds who would laugh at filth like that being said

like Drakos said its like a Macedonian supporting a skopian team if they played an Athenian team :LOL:

also is it true that Trabzonspor is a team of Greek muslims. I mean I know a lot of turk population has Greek blood but is this team specifially Greek Muslim? and you say trabzon is a nationalistic area? :LOL: :LOL:

even if the players have Greek Pontian blood they died to me when they became prodotes and now they are turks

btw, I consider the use of the term Southern Cyprus offensive

If any trabzonspor fans are reading this, just make sure you bring some fans to support your team :)

Hopefully the Cypriots can win for the Hellenic Pontian Brothers as well

come and say hello to the cypriot fans they dont bite :LOL:

lots of love Tourkoi!

He plays for Omonioa he didnt play in the first European match..They just signed him this year along with Vakouftsis..

hell yeah Omonoia! :tup:

as for the pontic- muslims if they are really pontic why dont they speak any? only a few thousand people today still speak that language! and most of them arent in Turkey!

19000 tickets have been allocated for the match...A sell out is a given it should be all blu and white at the GSP on Tuesday night..It will be a tough tie for Anorthosis but if they play hard the can win at home and keep the score line at zero...

Post #25

Ball Boy

Group: Players

Member No.: 2,179

Exo idi agorasi to isitirio ke perimeno pos ke pos to megalo pegnidi Idi exoun polithi 10 000 isitiria ke mexri aurio tha polithoun ke ta ipoloipa 7000.

Galanoleuki kolasi!!!

Hi guys,

Although, I only wanna talk about the soccer here, I was tempted to talk a little bit different.

I see you guys to be too optimistic about the game. From the side of anorthosis, I don't expect any better result than an hardly draw for anorthosis and all of its other southern cypriot supporters. I see some stupid people expecting actually not to watch a good game but to see some turkish fans to fight with. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Best regards

Last sentence deleted for not following forum rules. Ziaka

tucky. Your last sentence was edited from your post. You should remember that this is a Greek forum and comments like that will only inflame the discussion. Let's stick with soccer. And this goes for everyone else. Keep politics out of this.

southern cypriot supporters

actualy there supporters/club are from the north-east of Cyprus, Famagusta.

and what do you know about Anorthosis/players.....these guys gave Sparta Praha (way better than trapezountaspor) one hell of a fight last year if i remember correctly.

Either way win/lose for either team they could still draw PAO and if Trapezountaspor beats Anorthosi well be happy to step in and cut your celebrations short.

and what do you know about Anorthosis/players.....these guys gave Sparta Praha (way better than trapezountaspor) one hell of a fight last year if i remember correctly.

That was apoel dude but anyway anorthosis was much better team than apoel last year so you are still valid :P

The blue and white should be out in full force..All of Cyprus will be united for this match..Good luck to Anorthosis we are with you..

Possible line up

Georgiallides

Katsavakis

Poursaitides

Xenides

Hadgi

Nicoloau

Haber

Kinkladzde

Marangos

Ketsbaiaa

Kitshavili

Froussos

and Kapantais could also be starting...

Another 6 hours to go before this historic contest kicks off.

I wish Trabzonspor a safe journey to Cyprus and back and may we see a match worthy of the spirit of athletics that we have inherited from our ancestors! :)

PS. Next year in Varosi!

Archived