Phantis Forums

greek fans a discrace

au-thrylos

:box: :angry: OK TO ALL THOSE SOUR GREEK FANS WHO CANT EVEN TAKE A LOSS AND JUST BAGGING THE TEAM OUT YOUR A DISCRACE , THE GREEKS SOUR TO EASY I LOVE GREECE AND WERE CHAMPS FOR 4 YEARS AND OUR NAME IS INGRAVED ON THAT CUP , AND I WIL STILL LOVE THEM EVEN IF THEY LOSE TO BANGLADESH.

YOUR JUST ARAGENT AND SELFISH :gr: :gr: :gr: :box: :box: :box: :box: :box:

BE PROUD OF OUR LADS IN BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:box:  :angry: OK TO ALL THOSE SOUR GREEK FANS WHO CANT EVEN TAKE A LOSS AND JUST BAGGING THE TEAM OUT YOUR A DISCRACE , THE GREEKS SOUR TO EASY I LOVE GREECE AND WERE  CHAMPS FOR 4 YEARS AND OUR NAME IS INGRAVED ON THAT CUP , AND I WIL STILL LOVE THEM EVEN IF THEY LOSE TO BANGLADESH.

YOUR JUST ARAGENT AND SELFISH :gr:  :gr:  :gr:  :box:  :box:  :box:  :box:  :box:

lol i reckon this is directed to Drakos ;)

Anyways i do not support the people who are calling for ottos head because like someone elses stated "his done what no man can do" and that in its self is enough for him to have a street named after him...

However

i dnt like his stuborness and his use of the same old tacticks... i dnt know if anyone remembers but i was the first person in this forum to address the issue of youth!! i stated maybe 8- 10 months ago (when our team was doing great) that our team needs youth so they can take over the helms when our older players retire and also give us more depth when inujries occur...

As u can u imagine if otto decided to bread the youth in the NT 8-10 months ago, after we had won euro?? We would be soooooooooooo much stronger now as a nation however Otto nor the rest of you didnt care back then when we were "winning"... Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon when everything isnt going so bright, everyone is jst realising what i realised 10 months ago, right now!!! :nono:

This is why greek fans are a discrace!!! you only acknowledge things when they are good NOW!! not for the long term

E.g When greece had won euro 2004, everyone in this forum was extatic (including my self) however after the celebrations when i brought up the topic of youth (because our team is getting to old), everyone was saying "relax we have a mad team, we dnt need to think about stuff like that because everything is going great" NOW when everything isnt going so great everyone is calling for ottos head and jumping on the youth/depth bandwagon!!

Greeks dnt care for long term as long as everything is alright now then thats all that matters to them however when things go wrong then they decide to address the issue, not b4, when this could of been prevented :nono:

:box:  :angry: OK TO ALL THOSE SOUR GREEK FANS WHO CANT EVEN TAKE A LOSS AND JUST BAGGING THE TEAM OUT YOUR A DISCRACE , THE GREEKS SOUR TO EASY I LOVE GREECE AND WERE  CHAMPS FOR 4 YEARS AND OUR NAME IS INGRAVED ON THAT CUP , AND I WIL STILL LOVE THEM EVEN IF THEY LOSE TO BANGLADESH.

YOUR JUST ARAGENT AND SELFISH :gr:  :gr:  :gr:  :box:  :box:  :box:  :box:  :box:

I have to agree that most Greek supporters are a disgrace. But not in this situation. Let me explain why I think you are a wrong.

I for one have been a supporter of Greek football from my first conscious moment when I was a little kid running around the streets of Marrickville in Sydney pretending I was Domazos (as my father used to speak of him in high regards) and then when I realised that the modern star was Saravakos I would pretend I was him.

I supported all Greek teams in European matches (and to this day I am an avid collector of match programmes going back to the late 60s involving teams such as Aris, AEK, Olympiakos, Paok, PAO (My 1971 European Final programme is my most treasured and support Olympiakos. These pathetic tribal rivalries between the teams mean nothing to me).

I have also supported the national side through the bad times (and there were plenty of them) to the pinnacle of success in last years Euro tournament. I remember when we got slaughtered against Denmark in 1987 7 – 1.I was completely upset I didn’t want to go to school the next day. However I never once stopped supporting.

Also I remember the jubilation of finally having us qualify for the world cup and having the complete faith in the team as they headed to the WC in the US. In the leadup to the tournament we travelled to Wembley to play a youthful England who failed to qualify and on this Wednesday night we were severely punished with a 5 – 0 score. I remember we had about 65% of the possession and we were making neat triangles with our passes and showing our world class. However, then like what is happening now the team played with no spirit or passion. They flew back to Greece having copped 5 goals and not even troubling the English goalkeeper.

They were just saving themselves for the World Cup I thought, it was not a big deal. Well after what transpired at that world cup, I and I am pretty sure millions of omogeneis around the world were humiliated. No need to get into it here again, It has been covered before. No excuses. We lost 4 nil to one of the worst Argentinian sides in recent memory and 4 nil to a Bulgaria who has done NOTHING since and then 2 nil to Nigeria who had never won a game before in the tournament.

Well this all changed when Otto Rehaggel took over in 2001. Sure we got done in Finland 5 –1 where Georgatos (and others) acted like an unpatriotic spoilt brat, but the very next game we should have come away from Old Trafford with a 1 –2 victory against those cocky English, however they snuck a 2 –2 draw. Nothing lost, we weren’t going to Korea/Japan anyway.

However I am a true believer and I new that the future was bright as we are just as technical or capable as anyone in Europe (these population arguments are ridiculous), we just needed the guidance and nous of a strong manager.

Anyway…we all know what happened after a couple of minor hiccups we travelled to the Euros in Portugal and to most peoples astonishment (not really mine as I have always believed) we became the most unlikely of champions. FORZA ELLAS!

SO now to one year ago. After all the fickle “supporters” in Greece (and I specifically mention Greece because these people don’t go to watch the Ethniki play at home) jumped on board and started claiming how great we were.

Where were these “true Ellines” when we were playing Albania and there were more Albanoi in OAKA than there were us?

I couldn’t care less about the sleazy kamakia who sit in the barakia or kafeneia in Greece and smoke like there is no tomorrow who wasted an hour and half watching Ellada losing. These creeps will forget about it, but to myself it irritates me that my people can’t organise themselves like some of the most backward of Eastern European nations and do something on the football world stage.

I and some others on these forums expect our Ethniki to play with passion and to give 100% in their efforts when playing. What I have seen in the confed cup is appaling. These people are well paid professionals doing what they love and they are not putting in the effort. Yet, we make excuses for their performances. Why?

We deserve better from the European Champions. We should have gone out and given Brazil a total shock, but we didn’t and then we (our media/our arrogant and ignorant fickle supporters) excused ourselves by some of the lamest excuses I have ever heard. Little school kids wouldn’t resort to such petty reasoning.

So now we are on the eve of our final match in the confed cup and I still believe we can win if our Manager can fire up our stars. If he resorts to the same system and the same tactics then he is neither worthy of continuing in his role nor are the players.

Those that are calling for a complete overhaul of the team are probably just angry because of the Japan loss. A few changes however i believe could benefit our team sometimes a little change can be positive. Let's see what Otto has in store for us tommorow.

I WAS RAISED UP BY AN OLYMPIAKOS NUT CASE MY DAD AFTER BRAIN WASHING ME FOR YEARS , IVE FELT THE LOWS AND THE HIGHS ,BUT I STILL LOVE MY TEAM , MY POINT IS NOT TO BAG THEM JUST BACK THEM.

:gr: :box: :box: :box: :box:

FORZA HELLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO SYDNEY F.C

listen like all Greeks we are dissapointed in the teams poor performances as of late

but we must stand by them

and not begin to hate

remember they have us one of the greatest joy in our lives last year

we can't bury that

hopefully the summer will heal alot of wounds

we have a little over 2 months to regain form so lets do that

maybe a good time out of the spotlight will be good our players

they really need it

:box:  :angry: OK TO ALL THOSE SOUR GREEK FANS WHO CANT EVEN TAKE A LOSS AND JUST BAGGING THE TEAM OUT YOUR A DISCRACE , THE GREEKS SOUR TO EASY I LOVE GREECE AND WERE CHAMPS FOR 4 YEARS AND OUR NAME IS INGRAVED ON THAT CUP , AND I WIL STILL LOVE THEM EVEN IF THEY LOSE TO BANGLADESH.

no doubt i am proud and thankful for what they did.

but you didnt watch the games if you are going to tell me vs japan "they gave it there best" and bullshit. That was trash football. vs brazi we did the same. They got the big shot everyone was talking about- and went about it with no respect or caution and got smashed. Players sent crap balls, slacked on marking, were hardly trying vs Japan. Yes they won the EURO cup. and beleive me i am happy and as proud as any greek about it.

Greece are the Euro 2004 Champs. Hail them.

Becoming the Champs is the easy part- continuing to be champs is the tough one. We had the big chance to prove were still up there and we just played crap, and were embarassing. Youre acting as if fans disapointed with the DISSAPOINTING performance and attitude of the squad on the field is treason or ungratefulness! thats bullshit! We have every right to be angry at players slacking off, some of Otto's poor player selection of players who consistently suck.....

There was nothing shown vs Japan and Brazil to be proud of. There was no effort, no skill, no attitude anything. I was very angry at the team and rightfully so becasue I thought times had changed, and this wasnt the Ellas of the old days (every one knows what i mean by old days) and that was exactly how we looked, acted, and played.

Every right to be pissed off. We have 5 games without a goal. We are the European Champions. Doesnt mean i dont support the national team i will always cheer for whoever is in those colours (provided they are of greek decent of course)

but i still get to be pissed at them if they are a total embarassment, its natural, deal with it. Just because they won the euro doesnt mean they are excused from playing piss poor and with no effort every time. and just because people get mad at them doesnt mean they dont support them. It means we support them maybe too much

;)

ZHTO ELLAS

:gr:

List of European Football Champions

1960 - USSR

1964 - Spain

1968 - Italy

1972 - Germany

1976 - Czechoslovakia

1980 - Germany

1984 - France

1988 - Netherlands

1992 - Denmark

1996 - Germany

2000 - France

2004 - GREECE

My point in providing this list is that Greece has more European Championships

than England and as many as Spain, Italy and the Netherlands. These are four of the biggest footballing nations in the world.

So be happy that you saw a European Championship in your lifetime because I guarantee you that it will not happen again.

ZHTO ELLAS

Archived