Phantis Forums

Confed Cup: GREECE - Brazil

drakos13

I think the euro 2004 offensive line-up is the best, Vryzas, Charisteas and giannakopoulos are much better than gekas, pap and amanatidis. These guys have loads of experience, they have played the best already and they can keep their composure. Not only that, but Charisteas and giannakopoulos actually come back and help, gekas, pap and amanatidis don't fullfill that role. Besides I think Vryzas playing would be a great inspiration for the team, the guy is fearless and he is one of our best performers so far in our qualifying.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my opinion is different from yours. I definitely agree on Stelios. However, we need some young guys in there with speed. Vryzas has experience and still but I did not see him making any difference on the field. The guy is about 33 years old.

Like I said the Gekas and Amanitidis have done really good for their clubs. They are long overdue for some playing time on the National Team.

no difference??!??! you guys are BLIND!!! just because hes not flashy or a superscorer you underestimate him!

vryzas had a great season with Celta--(notice they finished 1st-- and the segunda division is no joke they have some good teams) Amanatidis was injured half the season what great season. Gkekas is a good finisher but on our ethniki we need to MAKE chances.....Gkekas doesnt do that well.

Vryzas hasnt done anything?? what about his awesome setup for karagkounis goal vs Albania?? his goal vs Georgia? he has been connecting with Stelio like no other....fantatstic team player! was the among the best and hardest working in our last 2 games....

if vryzas cant make it i think we should give the spot to papadopoulos again.....or actually i want to see Lybe on the team he deserves a chance.

Guest GreekSoussou

We need a W in this game not only for the Confederates Cup, but to keep the moral up going into the final WC Qualifying games. I think it will be 1-0 Ellas

OK I want this one to be very PROKLHTIKO!!!

My best case senario...

I want 11 men behind the ball, preferably in front of Nikopolidis, I want Charisteas defending WITHIN our area, I want the circus-brazilians to have loads of posts, crossbars, takounakia, missed chances, fancy tribling etc etc.... And on the 93rd minute....... A PETSINO PENALTY FOR GREECE, with a Karagouna DIVE 3 meters OUTSIDE the area of Brazil!!!! Our only time that went up front beyond the half way line..... Then Basinas takes the penalty and....... GOAAAAAAAAL!!!!!! 0-1 and ANTE GEIA TSIRKOULA!!!!!!

I want tomorrows world press to speak of DISASTER of football, big dissapointment such a good team (Brazil) loosing by THE DESTROYERS of football playing defensively with 11 men in their area etc etc....

AYTO THA TSOUKSEI MY FRIENDS!!!!!

CMON GUYS SEND THIS CIRCUS BACK WHERE THEY BELONG!!!!!!!! :box: :box:

OTTO IS THINKING OF PLAYING A 3-6-1 FOR THE FIRST GAME AGAINST THE SELECAO. POSSIBLE STARTING ELEVEN IS THIS ACCORDING TO SPORTNET.GR:

NIKOPOLIDIS

GOUMAS

KATSOURANIS

KURIAKOS

FYSSAS(LEFT WING-MID)

SEITARIDIS(RIGHT WING-MID)

GIANNAKOPOULOS(RIGHT-MID)

KARAGOUNIS(LEFT-MID)

ZAGORAKIS(CENTRE)

BASINAS(CENTRE)

HARISTEAS(LONE STRIKER)

**WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS LINE-UP PROPOSED BY REHHAGEL. I THINK WE WILL FIND LOTS OF INTERCHANGING WITH THE WINGERS AS FYSSAS AND SEITARIDI WILL RUN BRAZIL RAGGED DOWN THE FLANKS, AND PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO STELIO AND KARAGOUNI. THINK THIS LINE-UP WILL GIVE BRAZIL A SHOCK BUT OUR MIDFIELD CANNOT FALL APART. IT LOOKS PRETTY STRONG BUT WE WILL SEE. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THE THREE DEFENDERS?

ELLAS OLE!!!EURO 2004 CHAMPIONS.....AND NOW THE WORLD CUP! :gr:

line up from fifa.com

Antonis Nikopolidis;

Yannis Goumas,

Michalis Kapsis,

Takis Fyssas,

Yourkas Seitaridis;

Angelos Basinas,

Stelios Giannakopoulos,

Theodoros Zagorakis,

Giorgios Karagounis;

Fanis Gekkas,

Angelos Haristeas

---

latest news: Vryzas could play

If I would see Hellas play a GOOD game tonight no matter the result I would feel very proud.

The footballing worth of Brazil as a nation and of their current star players is actually a great opportunity for us to show we are up at that level on a good day and that the Euro Success was no fluke. Our opponets worth will give value to any effort for anything good by our squad.

Its a game we must enjoy.

I hope for the best

If I would see Hellas play a GOOD game tonight no matter the result I would feel very proud.

The footballing worth of Brazil as a nation and of their current star players is actually a great opportunity for us to show we are up at that level on a good day and that the Euro Success was no fluke. Our opponets worth will give value to any effort for anything good by our squad.

Its a game we must enjoy.

I hope for the best

Totally agree with you on this......

A win will really shut-up all the none-believers of Euro 2004....a good performance against Brazil will make them think twice before they say anything stupid about our NT....

Hasn't anyone noticed how different other NT's prepare for us since Euro 2004.... the coverage we get in the media for our upcoming games....headlining our games on websites such as FIFA.com...not to mention a good - great qualifying run for WC 2006....we are in the toughest group from any continent and we are in striking range of Germany.

As well, a lot of good NT's in Europe are trying to adapt similar counter-attack style as our NT.....with this said Euro 2004 was no fluke!!!

As for the Vryzas debate.....the real problem lies with Charisteas....talented player with the dreaded greek "tebelia"....sounds familiar...(Tsartas).

Vryzas is a fantastic set-up man for a good striker...ball control and vision on the field is superb....he needs a "Nikolaidis" type of player to set-up....this is were young, hungry players such as Amanatizis will be effective....

That or get Charisteas to start moving his ass!!!

Guys is Karagounis playing? He played in the Italian Cup final yesterday

they said on the news that he will play.

GOOD LUCK GREECE!!!!!

Breaking News Everyone!!

Sudden Change in OTTOS Line up....

Antonis Nikopolinjho

Yannis Goumaninjho

Michalis Kapsinjho

Takis Fyssaninjho

Yourkas Seitaridinjho

Angelos Basininjho

Stelios Giannakopoulinjho

Theodoros Zagorinjho

Giorgios Karagouninhjo

Zyzzis Vryzaninjho

Angelos Haristininhjo

:gr: :gr: :gr: :tup: :tup: :tup: :D :D :gr: :gr: :tup: :tup:

end of first half

Brazil/Gay 1

Hellas 0

-----------------------------

Well done to the e8niki for showing there old self again. I see players jogging to win the ball, awful passes, sloppy defense, pathetic marking....were back to the pre-rehagel game.

Defense= is terrible today. Most of the half guys were leaving players unmarked such as Kaka and EVEN RONALDINHO,

Passing......we move the ball side to side and backwards but are horrified of making runs and moving forward....Instead of smart dribbling we try to do our own samba moves (Vryzas, Karagkounis who is awful today)

Attitute= We are celebrities now. They seem to be starstruck by the overrated Brazilians and arent in focus to go out there and play.

If we focused and MARKED properly and shut off Ronaldinho from the begining we could have made something of this game.

and the Kota has been awful too! after coming out for another corner he couldnt get, he falls asleep and misses a nice, but very SAVABLE shot from Adriano and we are losing

so far

------

Kota-Melos 5

Kiriakos 7

Katsouranis 5

Gkoumas 6

Seitaridis 6.5

Basinas 3 - HE ###### SUCKS!!!!! HE CAN GO TO 8RINOS FOR ALL I CARE

Zagorakis 6

Stelios 6

Karagkounis 4

Vryzas 4

Charisteas 5

Rehagel is officially a former hero and a current IDIOT. PATHETIC SYSTEM PATHETIC LINEUP.....

When will you get it man? The kota and Basinas CANT PLAY??

AND WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF LUKAS VYNTRA ENTERING THE GAME??? HE IS THE WORST MARKER IN EUROPE AGAINST THE BEST DRIBLLERS IN THE WORLD.....Papadopoulos is the only one with some life now....

thank you Basinas and Vintra for 2-0 down now kolopaidia......

Archived