Phantis Forums

Confed Cup: GREECE - Brazil

drakos13

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zagoarkis in - Vryzas out.

Zagorakis has been cut by Bologna coach from the Italian play-off games!!! This means that he will join the Greek NT for Brazil game.

In other news, Vryzas was injured in Celta's game over the weekend, and will probably miss the Confederation Cup competition.

If Zagorakis is in our (Greek NT) squad, it's a huge benifit for us. Vryzas i'm not as worried about as I think the main purpose of this tourney for us is to let some of the younger players (Pap, Amanatidis, Gekkas, Vyntra etc.), prove themselves for furutre games and (hopefully) the World Cup 2006.

I figure Zagorakis will start in the midfield and Pap will probably start along-side Charisteas in the attack. Though personally I'd prefer Amanatidis (Pap's still kinda out of form), Pap is an all right option and I think he can get the job done.

Amantidis is in a special training session. hopefully he will be back in the regular training sessions. With Vryzas injured that may be a blessing in disguise forcing Otto to use the young guys. But I remember from a interview posted at FIFA.com that he recognized that the team is getting old and he was intending on trying out the young guys during the Confederation Cup.

The other negative is the injury of Karagounis :( to me he is a huge loss to the team he will hurt us far more then any defensive loss. Karagounis will be needed to help out the midfield as one of the few players who can control the ball and give our defense a breather and set up some sort of counter attack. On the positive side Zagorakis's addition is a huge bonus.

I think a tie, or especially a win against Brazil, will help the team leaps in bounds.

It will help our players mentally, and give them the edge they need to finish strong in our remaining WC qualifiers. It would also go very far in giving Greece the respect they deserve in the world's eye.

It's a great test!

Go ELLAS! :gr:

Here are the odds for the overall winner:

Brazil: 9/4

Argentina: 3/1

Germany: 3/1

Greece: 14/1

Mexico: 14/1

Japan: 25/1

Australia: 33/1

Tunisia: 50/1

Winner of Group B

Brazil: 4/6

Greece: 5/1

Mexico: 5/1

Japan: 10/1

Rated the same as Mexico, thats a little ridiculous, i think the bookies are jst lookin at results and forgot how good we played against Ukraine. Then again, I really dont know about the Mexico team, are they as good as us???

OTTO IS THINKING OF PLAYING A 3-6-1 FOR THE FIRST GAME AGAINST THE SELECAO. POSSIBLE STARTING ELEVEN IS THIS ACCORDING TO SPORTNET.GR:

NIKOPOLIDIS

GOUMAS

KATSOURANIS

KURIAKOS

FYSSAS(LEFT WING-MID)

SEITARIDIS(RIGHT WING-MID)

GIANNAKOPOULOS(RIGHT-MID)

KARAGOUNIS(LEFT-MID)

ZAGORAKIS(CENTRE)

BASINAS(CENTRE)

HARISTEAS(LONE STRIKER)

**WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THIS LINE-UP PROPOSED BY REHHAGEL. I THINK WE WILL FIND LOTS OF INTERCHANGING WITH THE WINGERS AS FYSSAS AND SEITARIDI WILL RUN BRAZIL RAGGED DOWN THE FLANKS, AND PROVIDE ASSISTANCE TO STELIO AND KARAGOUNI. THINK THIS LINE-UP WILL GIVE BRAZIL A SHOCK BUT OUR MIDFIELD CANNOT FALL APART. IT LOOKS PRETTY STRONG BUT WE WILL SEE. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK OF THE THREE DEFENDERS?

ELLAS OLE!!!EURO 2004 CHAMPIONS.....AND NOW THE WORLD CUP! :gr:

That's real great. Now Vryzas is going to play in the tournament with a special cast. Wtf is up with that. He scored one goal during Euro 2004, since then nothing. I better see Amanatids or Gekas playing.

you forgot Vryzas scored the winning goal against Georgia

That's real great. Now Vryzas is going to play in the tournament with a special cast. Wtf is up with that. He scored one goal during Euro 2004, since then nothing. I better see Amanatids or Gekas playing.

can you name one better Greek forward with his skill and experience? Vryzas has been the best player on the pitch the last couple games him and Stelios Giannakopoulos

If anything i would like to see Charisteas be used as a sub instead of a starter.....i think he would be more effective as a super substitute.....the last games i havent been impressed by him.

Well my opinion is different from yours. I definitely agree on Stelios. However, we need some young guys in there with speed. Vryzas has experience and still but I did not see him making any difference on the field. The guy is about 33 years old.

Like I said the Gekas and Amanitidis have done really good for their clubs. They are long overdue for some playing time on the National Team.

Archived