Phantis Forums

Transfers > New Coach

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the sports newspapers in greece say sollied will be our coach so do u ppl believe its true or not also le guen didnt come they say cause the greek league isnt one of the best leagues in the world

This guy was the same man who PAO was supposed to get until Malezani stepped in.

And it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out that the Greek league isnt one of the best in the world!

I think Le guen was taking you guys for a ride to maybe squeeze more money out of yous or to wait for a better offer

most websites say the same. sollied will take over osfp. except contra where they say that kokkalis still hasnt finished with the case of le guen. i see it like most of the sites do. we will most probably end up with sollied. some websites had some statements of some players he had coached and they say that he likes his team playing offensive football. that is at least something that fits to our team. they also say that the guy is very calm and works hard (it is rumoured he is already analysing osfps games on tape). and he is supposed to be one of the upcoming coaching talents.

lets make sure that we are getting the guy that we need and want

does anybody know wut kind of players Sollied will bring along with him if he signs on ??

belgian newspapers say that both strikers will follow Sollied : Bosko balaban and rune Lange ;)

does anybody know wut kind of players Sollied will bring along with him if he signs on ??

belgian newspapers say that both strikers will follow Sollied : Bosko balaban and rune Lange ;)
Lange and Balaban? are you serious :LOL:

Lange and Balaban? are you serious :LOL:
Yes, Sport.be

Do you think they will be satisfied with the way of tactical engagement by Soliied?

If he let play Olympiakos like Bruges :LOL:

Out the technical players, only workers(runners) in the team!

just because he wants his players to work hard on the field doesnt make his style of play bad. and since vfb stuttgart also wants to get him i dont think he is a bad coach. it would be even better for osfp that all the team starts to play for each other and doesnt just let a few players make all the dirty work in defence.

if he comes to us and if he will be able to control our divas it could turn out as a good assignement. but we will know that after some matches in greece and europe have been played. before that we have to give him some time, so that he can pass on his style to the players. but first we have to manage it to get him.

newest gossip:

Bruges hasn't heard a thing from Oly yet

Sollied says all stories are just rumours and denies everything

(don't pay attention to this though; the day before he signed at Bruges he promised the Gent fans to stay)

It's funny, I was just beginning to wonder how long it would take for someone to mention Otto's name for a coaching position in a Greek club. Who knows what he will do after his spell with the National team is over.

Just read on www.sport.gr that 87% of Oly's fans do not want Sollied as their coach as they don't believe that he can lead them to European success. If that number is true then I think it raises certain questions.

1) Can the number be that high? If that's the case then this guy is going to be under the gun from the fans before he's held his first practice with the team.

2) Is that number indicative of the Oly fan's in this forum? What do you guys think of this guy leading your team?

3) Don't Oly fans realize that the coaches they might want...Hitzfield, Le Guen, etc...aren't coming because of the state of the Greek League and/or the constraints that ownership might have over them?

It's funny, I was just beginning to wonder how long it would take for someone to mention Otto's name for a coaching position in a Greek club. Who knows what he will do after his spell with the National team is over.

Just read on www.sport.gr that 87% of Oly's fans do not want Sollied as their coach as they don't believe that he can lead them to European success. If that number is true then I think it raises certain questions.

1) Can the number be that high? If that's the case then this guy is going to be under the gun from the fans before he's held his first practice with the team.

2) Is that number indicative of the Oly fan's in this forum? What do you guys think of this guy leading your team?

3) Don't Oly fans realize that the coaches they might want...Hitzfield, Le Guen, etc...aren't coming because of the state of the Greek League and/or the constraints that ownership might have over them?

1) high number surprises me; seemed when he wanted to join Pao the green fans liked him better

3) if you can buy Rivaldo, Karembeu, Giovanni; you also can buy a big named coach

but big name coaches aren't always the best coaches

i dont think you can really believe that number. it was just a voting on sport.gr and because of that i dont think it is representative. also in here i havent seen any post that doesnt want him to be our coach. at most there was some scepticism but not more. i also dont know if he will manage to lead our team into a successful run in europe. but i am ready to give this guy a chance.

and i have to agree with zeekoei that we should be able to satisfie the financial demands of a big name. but it is like we saw it with le guen, that as soon a team of a better league gives them a bit less money they might go there. just because of the bourdello the greek league is. and zeekoei is right about the biggest names not neccessarily having to be the best coaches.

sollied certanly is not the best we could have gotten but also isnt the worst one. we have to give him a chance if he comes to us. and if he succeeds it will be even better.

rumours update: Sollied will announce tonight the team he is going to coach next year

Olympiakos, Stuttgart or Club bruges

still no news

except a norwegian site saying he signed, but not a thrustworthy source

but we can all agree about wut a difficult time it will be for Sollied or any other coach for that matter to Manage Olympiakos

I mean if Olympiakos doesn't win the double and make noise in C.L.

this might end Sollied career

thats alot to expect

especially since the Club hasn't even gotten any new player of significance as of yet

the state of the club at this very moment is in disaray

thursday morning soap update:

Sollied - still 'on holiday' in Crete - talked with a delegation of Stuttgart.

The would pay him 1,5 million euro, 600.000 more than Oly, but still 1.000.000 euro cheaper then Trapattoni asks.

According to Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad, Olympiakos shall sign Sollied today.

Archived