Phantis Forums

Transfers > New Coach

Now that there are rumors of Bajevic leaving which coach do we want to take over Olympiacos.

Javier Irureta > Deportivo Coach

Paul Le Guen (Fra) Lyon (Fra) Resigned

Gheorghe Hagi (Rom) Galatasaray (Tur) Resigned

Ruud Gullit (Ned) Feyenoord (Ned) Resigned

Ottmar Hitzfeld (Ger) 56

Nikos Anastopoulos (Gre) 47

Raddy Antic (S&M) 56

Jose Antonio Camacho (Spa) 49

Dick Advocaat (Ned) 57

Javier Clemente (Spa) 55

Vahid Halilhodzic (Bos) 52

Jupp Heynckes (Ger) 60

OUT OF THIS LIST MY FAVOURITE CHOICE WOULD BE:

Paul Le Guen (Fra) Lyon (Fra) Resigned OR

Javier Irureta > Deportivo Coach

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fellas....

does it really matter you think???

Remember when Katanec came into the club and how well the team was playing??? Well if we recruit someone from the outside, our top managemnt would step in and try to coach instead of the "active coach"

It's something that I can't believe happens on this team but it does.....

You all should know what I'm talking about....

the following link brings you to the announcement thyra 7 ave out today.

thyra 7 announcement

i dont know what to say about that, since all the stuff against bajevic was started by them and i dont want to follow that any further.

my big question is: will osfp play better if they will get a foreign well known coach? will our players suddenly become better?

the only advantage i see is that it could be a bit easier for us to sign some good players if we have a big name sitting on our bench. but if this "big name" will make the difference, i dont know. anyway, if our management doesnt stop to just buy some players without asking the coach, he wont be able to do his work anyway. and then it doesnt matter if he is a world class coach or just one known in greece.

imo bajevic should be given the chance to build the team like he did some years ago. he knows how to do that and if the management gives him the freedom to do so i dont see a problem there.

Its weird, Im stuck in the middle,

When it comes to finding young Talent Bajevic is awesome,

some of the talents he has found:

Djordjevic, Giannakopoulos, Georgatos, Alexandris, Lakis, Okkas, Castillo,

The list goes on....

Do you think we can put him in charge as our Head Scout, I think he wants to relax now,

Head Operations Scout: Dusan Bajevic

Greek Scout: Vassilis KMelachrinosalis

Russian Scout: Oleg Protasov

Balkan region scout: Sinissa Gogic

South American scout: Giovanni

And the coach: Ottmar Hitzfeld.

Sammi Kouffor would definetly come to Oly after that....

If I was Kokkalis I wouldnt let Bajevic stay but on a Scouting role...

Thats the best job for Dusan now....

to be honest i like this idea. why not? but i think that bajeveic then would become one of the best payed scouters ever. but it would suit him. or at least assign him as the new assistant coach or something like that.

I agree, this seems to be a very good idea indeed. And I think it might be time for Bajevic to take a step back from coaching as well. Last year at AEK and this year at Oly have probably taken a toll and I'm sure he's quite tired of the politics with Kokkalis too.

But given that we're talking about a logical step and Greek football in the same sentence...it has no hope in hell of actually happening. LOL!

question is: will osfp play better if they will get a foreign well known coach? will our players suddenly become better?

The answer is "yes" if the coach is really good at coaching he can make th indvidual players and the team better (nationality is not important)

I always make an example of Luxenburgo, because that is the one I know but I am sure there are others

"Luxa" even made a far better football player of the celebrity David Beckham.

Induce motivation in players and working with them on their weak points, and in the same time giving them directions how to focus and take advantage of their good points

Of course, putting them on the field in the position when it can be of optimal use

I know, easy said than done. But it is not impossible

A goad coach is jard to find, much harder than to find good players

he has to be a mixture of father, pchycologist, teacher...

He has to have sufficient self confidence so he can hear player's opinions without the "shut up, I am the coach" staff. He has to impose discipline by his personality and producing respect , not by hierarchy

Well, maybe my Englush is bad, but I think you understand my point

Daum has done it with Fenebahce. With Alex to whom he gave the keys, but with Alex it is easy because he is a humble person and hard worker without starlet mentality and mega ego, but with confidence in his ability

Another important point is that the autority of the coach versus directors and other staff must be strictly defined befoe signing the contract so there are no misunderstanding afterwards

A coach may accept the "this is what I have and with thos I will win" or "Iwill bring theplayers and build a new team" both concepions are all right but have to be determined and understood by both sides befor signings

question is: will osfp play better if they will get a foreign well known coach? will our players suddenly become better?

The answer is "yes" if the coach is really good at coaching he can make th indvidual players and the team better (nationality is not important)

I always make an example of Luxenburgo, because that is the one I know but I am sure there are others

"Luxa" even made a far better football player of the celebrity David Beckham.

Induce motivation in players and working with them on their weak points, and in the same time giving them directions how to focus and take advantage of their good points

Of course, putting them on the field in the position when it can be of optimal use

A goad coach is jard to find, much harder than to find good players

he has to be a mixture of father, pchycologist, teacher...

He has to have sufficient self confidence so he can hear player's opinions without the "shut up, I am the coach" staff. He has to impose discipline by his personality and producing respect , not by hierarchy

Daum has done it with Fenebahce. With Alex to whom he gave the keys, but with Alex it is easy because he is a humble person and hard worker without starlet mentality and mega ego, but with confidence in his ability

Another important point is that the autority of the coach versus directors and other staff must be strictly defined befoe signing the contract so there are no misunderstanding afterwards

A coach may accept the "this is what I have and with thos I will win" or "Iwill bring theplayers and build a new team" both concepions are all right but have to be determined and understood by both sides befor signings

This problem here is so stupid

the one thing Olympiakos has lacked in all these years is stability in the coaching position

we can't let our proud fan group gate 7 make decisions for the club

granted there heart is in the right place but not there heads

i love gate 7 and support them but not on this issue

Bajevic needs to stay on period

The answer is "yes"  if the coach is really good at coaching he can make th indvidual players  and the team better (nationality is not important)

I always  make an example of Luxenburgo, because that is the one  I know but I am sure there are others

"Luxa"  even made a far better  football player of the celebrity  David Beckham.

Induce motivation in players and working with them on their weak points, and in the same time  giving them directions how to focus and take advantage of their good points

A goad coach is jard to find, much  harder than to find good players

he  has to be a mixture of father, pchycologist,  teacher...

He has to have sufficient self confidence so he can hear player's opinions without  the "shut up, I am the coach" staff.  He  has to  impose discipline  by his personality and producing respect , not by hierarchy

Daum has done it with Fenebahce.  With Alex to whom he gave the keys, but  with Alex it is easy because he is a humble person and hard worker without starlet mentality and mega ego, but with confidence in his ability

A coach may accept the "this is what I have and with thos I will win" or "Iwill bring theplayers and build a new team"  both concepions are all right but have to be determined and understood by  both sides befor signings

This problem here is so stupid

the one thing Olympiakos has lacked in all these years is stability in the coaching position

we can't let our proud fan group gate 7 make decisions for the club

granted there heart is in the right place but not there heads

i love gate 7 and support them but not on this issue

Bajevic needs to stay on period

agree agree agree agree agree...

We all need to back off a little bit and give this guy a chance. I was against him coming to the club in the beginning of the year and now the we have the double I'm a fan of him staying.

I think the big question here everyone is the players. Yes we do have the best players in Greece on our roster, but as you all know we're Greek. And there's nothing worse than Greeks fighting agains't Greeks.

How many "CLIKES" do you think that this club has? Propably more than any other.... This needs to stop and I think that Bajevics rule is to do that and that itself causes shake-up withing. I for one am blamming the players and THEY need to do something in order for us to do much better in Europe and domestically ..... Bajevic has proved that he has that capability to lead and now it's up the the players to prove that they are led like true proffessionals and play like some on the the pitch...

javier iroureta

he took over real sosiedad and won a la liga title, then he took over deportivo, which was a mid level team and has kept them amongst the elite in spain for the last 10+ years, during which he has won the la liga a few times and an uefa cup. also he has had rivaldo and schurrer on his teams. he is PERFECT in every way.

I agree Javier Irureta, would be an ideal coach signing.

We should back off and let bajevic do his thing, but I must say that a coach should be the alpha and omega of every team. I dont like how bajevic has problems with big name players.. a good coach would know how to combat these problems, eg Mourinhio at chelsea, He is a fantastic coach.

But let me say, now thinking about it, maybe Javier Irureta isnt the ideal solution, he has had problems with Tristan, and that striker that is playing with Birmingham City,, forgot his name.. aahhh he has also had problems with Daljaminhia.

I like the french coach Le guen he is like Mourinhio, he is young enthusiatic and has balls. Thats the thing with Bajevic I think he has insecurities, he likes young players cause they listen.

Mournihio has told his players, we are here for each other, but Iam here to build success and success starts with my players, I will give you 200% of me on every 100% you give for me. As our mateship and confidence grows so does our success.

He also doesnt allow the same players staying in the same room for away games. ie Giovanni and castillo, rivaldo and shurrer etc etc. He would have a rotation. Players need to understand who is the coach.

I wouldnt like Bajevic as my coach, I think If we were to pick a coach and lets face thats why Iam a member of Oly, I would choose a coach that I would relate to as a player...

And for F sake pay this coach 5 million Euro's etc as long he has the vision, determination to be a winner.

Concluding : I cant believe there are names floating around like Hagi, and Gullit, if they cant build a succesful team in the past what makes them ideal to win something in the future.....

In the perfect world, I would have made sure Bajevic stayed at all costs.

Yet when two of your star players speak out against you the same time there are negotiations for a new contract, and then when the koufales called organized supporters release their own statement of their own letting all know of their position on the matter it becomes a near impossibility for him to remain in the limani.

He couldnt take the pressure this year from various groups against him, this is just the icing on the cake, why stay ? And im sure Kokkalis would go against Rivaldo or Gate 7 or WHOMEVER as long as it was for the good of the team, unfortunatly I don't see Dusan remaining after these incidents.

I don't have any particular coach in mind yet, but out of the list provided I would most definately have to say Paul Le Guen, enough said.

bajevic this year won both titles even with fans against him and ribo,giovva and castilio causing problems.can anyother big name coach take all this s%$#! and stay?i don t think so.let bajevic finish what he started.make him the boss and tell thira 7 follow the team and support our effort or ###### off.

bajevic this year won both titles even with fans against him and ribo,giovva and castilio causing problems.can anyother big name coach take all this s%$#! and stay?i don t think so.let bajevic finish what he started.make him the boss and tell thira 7 follow the team and support our effort or ###### off.

Thats exactly wut needs to happen here

but unfortunately it won't

reports are really strong for the ouster of Bajevic

its imminent

now coach with a good resume will come to Olympiakos

reason is not b/c of the status of the club

but the goals

the team needs to set out some sort goals

i mean if the double isn't good enough wut is

i mean do u want C.L. past group stage but now titles

a coach with integrity will not come to Olympiakos now

Keep bajevic for one more year, if he cant improve in europe next year then AXE him...

I mean think about it this way, if oly were to make it next round in CL or go furture in Uafa (lets say sami finals) then most probably u would have lost the Greek League ( not 4 sure though but lets jst say that) then u guys would b calling for his head because he let pao win the League 2 years in a row....

Give him credit and a chance... Rivaldo doesnt like his coz bajevic didnt take his s%$#!....

today the decision will come out if bajevic will stay or not. there is a rumour around that kokkalis might want to get back to that "french model" he wanted to do last year. its said that then maybe karembeu would be assigned as technical director.

i just dont know what i want now. if bajevic stays kokkalis has to stay next to him, give him full support and has to shut down all these freaks that work against bajevic.

if a foreign coach would come, there would still be the risk that the "experiment" would fail and that kokkalis will fire the coach in midseason.

and about that what hollywood wrote. i fully agree with you. imo the team started playing better after they didnt have to play that many matches anymore. if we would have gotten further i think we would have lost the championship. and then it would have been sure that bajevic would be fired.

dusan or not dusan, that is the question now. i would prefer to keep him, if he will get 100% backup from the management.

Archived