Phantis Forums

Transfers > New Coach

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and the stuff that makes me angry most is that protathlitis has already launched a campaign with some great names of coaches just to shut up the fans of osfp. they say that le guen is the first target to take over as coach. how do they want to do that? i heard that he will take over fenerbahce. i dont think that we have more money than them. and what if we get him? i dont think that our divas in the team will shut up. le guen is still very young as coach, although he won the french championship three times in a row.

what will happen in general if the new coach wont be able to adjust to the "greek standards" right from the start? what will happen if he wont be any better than any coach we had before? will kokkalis just fire him like the coaches before? will he still do what geyt 7 wants? is he going to listen to our "stars" or will he listen to the coach?

and the stuff that makes me angry most is that protathlitis has already launched a campaign with some great names of coaches just to shut up the fans of osfp. they say that le guen is the first target to take over as coach. how do they want to do that? i heard that he will take over fenerbahce. i dont think that we have more money than them. and what if we get him? i dont think that our divas in the team will shut up. le guen is still very young as coach, although he won the french championship three times in a row.

what will happen in general if the new coach wont be able to adjust to the "greek standards" right from the start? what will happen if he wont be any better than any coach we had before? will kokkalis just fire him like the coaches before? will he still do what geyt 7 wants? is he going to listen to our "stars" or will he listen to the coach?

we for sure have more money then fenerbache but thats not the point

we shouldn't get a high priced coach

he will have an ego and will demand lots of transfers

we need a person who has never been a coach before but as been assistant for a number of years on one of the bigger teams in Europe

none of these big names are coming here b/c that will only risk there careers

if they win the double thats not good enough too much pressure to do everything u know

fener has more money than us for sure. how do you think they could have gotten a coach like daum, or a player like anelka. their team is worth about twice as much as ours.

and yes, money is the key. if you got it you can buy better players, assign better coaches etc.

and a big name coach would be needed since the team would pay enough respect to a guy that was just sitting on the bench next to a successfull coach and was bringing him the coffee.

and we need a known coach since the real fans wont be satisfied with some unknown chap leading our team.

olimpiakos management acted like kafenio and now with out bajevic time is running.big teams when they switch coach the replacement is ready to take over right away.somebody has to make the transfers and next year planning.tick tack

olimpiakos management acted like kafenio and now with out bajevic time is running.big teams when they switch coach the replacement is ready to take over right away.somebody has to make the transfers and next year planning.tick tack

there are alot of questions that need to be answered very soon

we need to get a coach quick so we can start getting players and plan for this season

Latest news, Bajevic is ready to take over Red Star in Yugoslavia.

I am a strong believer that if you do something once and leave you dont do the same again.

Bajevic came to olympiacos he won titles, but never won it in europe. So history always repeats itself.

Oly needs a 5 year plan.

They need to establish which direction they want to lead. Iam happy not winning any titles in the next few years just so we can build a young dynamic team

I woul bring Le guen to the club and invest into youngsters only with max 5 old players in the squad>

Nikopolidis, Djordjevic, Rivaldo, Stoltidis, Shurrer

The rest over 29 can leave,,

We need top class 18 - 23 yr olds..

And it can be done..

Here is a news item that i read today in the Madrid-based daily AS

http://www.as.com/articulo.html?d_date=&xr...nchor=dasftbO00

For those who do not understand basic Spanish

Oly tents Del Bosque again, but he prefers Spanish teams

(my interpretation: zHe prefer Spanish team if Oly does not reach deeply to the pocket)

Do we want him? I am not sure, but he has some good European successes and also new how to manage a team with a lot of stars

ANyway, nobody with a world resume will come to Greece if not tempted by an importan amount of money

As soon as Kokallis understands it the better

ANd you must realize that a betting on an European succes is also good for the pocket, any win or eve draw in the CL or UEFA cup brings nice sum of Swiss franks to the teams

i just read an interesting article of ethnosport. and it didnt look bad to me.

they say that kokkalis has contacted karembeu and offered him to take over the job of the technical director of the team. if this is going to happen osfp would try the "french model" like they wanted last season. kokkalis seems to really want to bring le guen to greece to take over osfp. in the article they say that he is ready to pay him up to 2 mio ? a year (?!). if le guen really is the talented coach everybody is saying it would surely be good for the team. the second one on the list for the coach is denui who is without a job right now.

if this is true i wouldnt mind getting one of these coaches.

but we will see what will happen. le guen is supposed to have gotten an offer from arsene wenger as assistant coach for arsenal.

hopefully the whole subject will end soon and we will know who will take over.

Until the coach is anounced the media and papers will have every coach coming to Olympiakos :tdown: Lets hope we get the right coach for our club and that must happen sooner than later :tup:

Im predicting Le Gaun will take over Olympiakos next week and he will bring 2 or 3 French players ..Karembeau will be also great for our club :nw:

le guen was targeted by benfica too. they had agreed on his salary but he wanted to have a budget of about 30 mio ? to buy new players. if kokkalis wants to get him he first has to reach deep in his pocket and second has to spend a lot of money in transfers. if that doesnt happen le guen wont come.

as a second solution, if karembeu will take over the job of the technical director, would be denoueix, the coach we already wanted last year.

lets continue a bit with spreading rumours about our new coach.

there is said that a member of our management went to paris to negotiate with le guen, some say it could have even been kokkalis himself. fos writes today on the frontpage that he accepted osfps offer and wants a few hours to think about it.

in the past most of the coaches who wanted to think about osfps offer finally didnt come to our team. maybe this year things will be different.

i dont know yet if le guen will be a good coach for us and if he will be successfull. but i think that if he will come to us and if he has good plans fo our team it should be easier for us to attract good players since he is a known coach.

lets see what happens...

le guen was targeted by benfica too. they had agreed on his salary but he wanted to have a budget of about 30 mio ? to buy new players. if kokkalis wants to get him he first has to reach deep in his pocket and second has to spend a lot of money in transfers. if that doesnt happen le guen wont come.

as a second solution, if karembeu will take over the job of the technical director, would be denoueix, the coach we already wanted last year.

forget about le guen

Kokkalis as the money to spend but we can't go into that area

lets get Karembeu i know it will make gate 7 happy but all of the Olympiakos family will be happy

i mean he will bring us a very fine and good coach with him as well

by the way is gogic still on the team ???????

we'll see about that. according to most of the newspapers (not just "red" ones) it seems as if kokkalis is ready to spend a lot of money to bring him in. and something that made me think positive about his assignement is that he belongs to the top ten coaches right now, according to contra.

you can offer the man all the money in the world, but if he is set on a bigger domestic league like the premier ship, you can kiss him good bye.

IMO, i dont see him coming. his descision is nearing anyways, lets wait and see.

we for sure have more money then fenerbache but thats not the point

well, I would be happy if that was the case but Fenerbahce reportedly has a €95M budget in total and more than €70M is used for football... That probably shows why they are interested in players like Lucio and/or Chivu.

Archived