Phantis Forums

PAO - AEK

m_kafes

all you guys talking about how great the italian coach did for pao, you must be watching other games than the the ones on tv. His coaching stinks he turned pao into a team tis gitonias. pao has stunk in every game that mattered. pao should have stayed with filakouris.

well its official... ppl have started turning there backs on malezani already.

Look all the games ive seen with malezani pao deserve to win... u know were our problem has been? strikers... all of em are totally off form. I like the way malezani plays. Lets give him a chance. Its a miracle he has fought the title to the last day

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what penalty!

we scored a 100% no offside goal with gekas!

well i guess this game was meant to be a draw !

now we will have to see what iraklara can do for us hypocrite.gif

another good thing is that ofi is out off the danger drop zone so they will problably play their/our younsters(many of their young players are on loan from us)

did you even see the match? i just saw the highlights on eurosport today. the scene you are talking about could have been given either way. he was at least on the same level with the aek defenders but looked more like he was slightly on offside position.

as for the penalty, it looked like it was one, but i wasnt sure if moris didnt hit the ball first.

anyway. the match is over. the decisions have been taken. you cant change anything now.

i do not understand why you guys already start complaining about malezani. this guy came to you in the middle of the season, took over a team that had already two managers, was built by a guy that isnt there anymore and had its good and bad moments like any other team.

as far as i remember he has done a good job back at parma. what do you guys expect? that as soon as he takes over the team everything will change?! give him some time to adjust. let him build the team for the next season etc. dont start the usuall greek mourmoures just because pao lost the first place in the table.

and i am sure, that if pao would have won and would have gotten the title you would say exactly the opposite.

it was offside

it was not a penalty - even an aektzi friend of mine said it

and lastly if ppl are complaining about malezani than obviously u guys are better coaches and know more than him - afterall who is this guy he has only won a uefa cup,

get ur heads checked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his our third coach this season - its not his fault and in fact his still undefeated in the league!!!!

xipniste paidia!!!!!!!!!

it was offside

it was not a penalty - even an aektzi friend of mine said it

and lastly if ppl are complaining about malezani than obviously u guys are better coaches and know more than him - afterall who is this guy he has only won a uefa cup,

get ur heads checked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! his our third coach this season - its not his fault and in fact his still undefeated in the league!!!!

xipniste paidia!!!!!!!!!

oh boy the fire the coach campaings began already?

it must seem strange but i agree with the gacros adonis....

let malesani works, i think he is doing a good job... of course if we have the referee against us, by not allowing the Gekas goal... i don't need to say more things right???

instead of blaming malesani, we firast must keep our faith to win the title... everything is not lost... we must wait the victory of iraklis and a win in kriti....

Come on everybody......... we are GREENS, we must not give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PAO 4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish we had Melitzanas since last summer.. .and you'd have seen PAO winning it by 10 points difference. But, we stuck with a gutless idiot who couldn't see his finger infront of his nose, and then we went to antother worse idiot.

Secondly, Melitzanas played AEK & PAOK the right way. We were unlucky, but no other team is better than PAO this year. Unfortunately, there is no great team around, except Xanthi and Iraklis of late..... especially if you consider the limited resources they've got compared to the big 3.

Please don't blame the ref. Vassaras is one of the best. He makes mistakes, but everything he called last Sunday was within reason. Instead of 0-0 it could have been 1-1 had he allowed the goal and the penalty (not everybody agrees on these 2, but that's the point)

PAO has to work on a long-term basis to become a great team. This year everybody sucked... wasting stupid games here and there. Same for AEK and gavroi.

Anyway, it's not over, because Iraklis has a good team and a reason to play for an UEFA spot. OFI is safe not in a must-win situation after Aris's punishment. We may be the ones celebrating on Sunday.

F***inh hell whats wrong with Phantis... i couldnt get in for the last two days....

anyways we deserved this result, what is done is done lets jst see of the last game against ofi n pray that the geys lose to iraklis....

P.S who ever said the negative about malesani, u r an idiot, SIMPLE!!!!

Lets face it we lost the win in the 1st half where AEK played

the ball around much better than us and we showed little

pathos.

I recall the derby against OFSP where from the outset we

were all over them had some great chances scored the goal

and played like men possessed. The players even formed a

huddle before kick-off and laid down the law to one another

on what needed to be done to win.

This time around I saw no huddle no passion and the intensity

was more individualistic (ie, Galinovic, Moris, Vyntra) rather

than a team effort.

The 2nd half we had most of the ball and started pushing

up more looking for that elusive goal but AEK have a decent

defense and a red hot keeper on the night.

The goal from Gekas was definitely offside (but just) and

the penalty for AEK was clearly not as Mbourbos took a couple

extra steps after the challenge and then fell on his own accord.

Had he fallen at the precise moment of the challenge then

he would've had a case.

The sad thing is being the last game in Leoforos the supporters

never had the chance to say good-bye the right way in a stadium

where we've celebrated many glorious experiences.

Now, a few days after the game I hear alot of disgruntled people

pointing the finger at players and the coach, while players

themselves are showing their disapproval at being labelled axristoi

and 'past it' (ie, Basinas, Munch).

Malezani has done very well considering he came to the team mid

season and should definitelly be given the job for at least another

season to show us what he can do with the squad from pre-season

to Europe and ultimately until the end of the 05-06 season.

Then if he doesn't measure up or the team is playing like the way

we did with Skazny he should go.

This isn't the correct atmosphere to have a week out from the

last game of the season where everything hinges in Crete,

Salonika & Athens.

Even though I'd love to see us win the protathlima (merely because

of all the problems we had getting so close) I somehow feel like

it probably won't since the momentum and good psychologia

has now turned in Oly's favour.

Finally, and sorry for being off topic, but over the weekend the

PAO Youth team won a tournament in Holland against the likes of

Ajax, Barcelona, Cruzeiro etc which shows our youngsters can

mix it with the best.

Why management doesn't slowly bring these kids into the 1st team

squad is beyond me because the passion that was missing on Sunday

is no doubt in the heart & minds of these kids who'll give their all

for the Tryfilli ..... just a thought for next season.

Apologies for the long post.

Finally, and sorry for being off topic, but over the weekend the

PAO Youth team won a tournament in Holland against the likes of

Ajax, Barcelona, Cruzeiro etc which shows our youngsters can

mix it with the best.

Why management doesn't slowly bring these kids into the 1st team

squad is beyond me because the passion that was missing on Sunday

is no doubt in the heart & minds of these kids who'll give their all

for the Tryfilli ..... just a thought for next season.

this is unfortunately unusual in greece but imo pao is the only big team in greece that tries to give some chances to their youth. i do not remember a player of osfp that managed to grab a leading role in the first team coming from our youth.

Why does everybody loves Malezani so much. What did he do to deserve our respect as a coach ? Did you see what Filakouris did in the game. He was costantly looking down obviusly furstrated with the Italian's tacticks.

The only thing he did to earn my respect was the victory over Osfp. (Buy the way Osfp missed some good chances to draw the game in the second half). And of course the guy came to the team in the middle of the season and has to deal with a lot as it seems fights and differences between the teamates. Munch-Kotsios, Papadopoulos-Gekas, Kostantinou+Basinas leaving, Gonzales temprament, many player's ending contracts etc..

I belive that Not Schoum, not Filakouris But Skazni (who lost from Aek in the cup game 3-1) would do better against Aek in yeaterday's game.

Ever since when did Gonzales was a back half ? (If malezani was coaching Osfp he would give that role to Rivaldo?...?)

Why everybody likes Wooter, when he has done nothing while in the team. All he does is make plays with no result. NO goals No assists... I would rather put Marich instead of him next to Basina and let Gonzales in the offence the whole game.

Vyndra who was slowily becoming one of the team's leaders, after Malezani came is mostly sitting in the bench.

Why leave gero-Munch on the left side alone, while he could put Kostadinidi behind him and leave him cross the ball at will in offence. Don't forget he has deadly assists and many many times we won just because of him.

There is defenit one conclusion for Malezani. In games against teams that are better than halkidona Pao can't score, while he has mostly played with 3 attackers, which would naturaly resulted the opposite.

It is good to still hope for the Chapionsp. It is just utopic.

Osfp made Pao truly looking like a worse team by winning the title.

Why does everybody loves Malezani so much. What did he do to deserve our respect as a coach ? Did you see what Filakouris did in the game. He was costantly looking down obviusly furstrated with the Italian's tacticks.

NO one loves him so much but we shouldnt critcisie him either. He has done well

He turned PAO into UEFA cup to League contenders, went 6 games without conceding a goal, is undefeated in the league and we are in CL now, has brought the form back to Gonzalez and is the THIRD coahc this SEASON at PAO. What more do u want.

The only thing he did to earn my respect was the victory over Osfp. (Buy the way Osfp missed some good chances to draw the game in the second half). And of course the guy came to the team in the middle of the season and has to deal with a lot as it seems fights and differences between the teamates. Munch-Kotsios, Papadopoulos-Gekas, Kostantinou+Basinas leaving, Gonzales temprament, many player's ending contracts etc..

If this is the only good thing he has done than wake up and smell the coffee. Plus, we killed OSFP and even though they could of equalised we could of made it 4-0 by HT with Gkekas missing chances. Did you see the game????

I belive that Not Schoum, not Filakouris But Skazni (who lost from Aek in the cup game 3-1) would do better against Aek in yeaterday's game.

Skanzy lost to AEK 1-0 in OAKA than 1-1 in the CUP than he got his ULTIMATE CHANCE and lost to AEK 3-1

Mi les m*****AS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever since when did Gonzales was a back half ? (If malezani was coaching Osfp he would give that role to Rivaldo?...?)

Obviously you dont watch PAO games bc Gonzalez in this position has been playing extremely well. Every pao attack starts from him (every pao attack thats worth mentioning) and he is the only one that can pass properly

Why everybody likes Wooter, when he has done nothing while in the team. All he does is make plays with no result. NO goals No assists... I would rather put Marich instead of him next to Basina and let Gonzales in the offence the whole game.

This i Agree - i dun like Wooter eitheer!!!!!!!!!

Vyndra who was slowily becoming one of the team's leaders, after Malezani came is mostly sitting in the bench.

Why leave gero-Munch on the left side alone, while he could put Kostadinidi behind him and leave him cross the ball at will in offence. Don't forget he has deadly assists and many many times we won just because of him.

Vyntra next leader - I dunno wat ur thinking BUT i do agree that Vyntra should play especially over Bides and he did against AEK and hopefully thats a sign of things to come

You know why he leaves Munch on his own - Bc the LAMOIO is a liability and maybe he has realised that - and the 3-4-3 means MUnch controls the left - with usually Pap infront of him

There is defenit one conclusion for Malezani. In games against teams that are better than halkidona Pao can't score, while he has mostly played with 3 attackers, which would naturaly resulted the opposite.

Bc OSFP is a deserved winner!! Yeh rite there just as bad with the katsiki Okkas in front and there string of draws mid season when there were absolutely struggling! So its his fault that he plays witgh 3 strikers and they cant score. How more attacking do u want.

Against AEK we had chances it didnt go in

Against PAOK we hit the post twice and had chances but didnt go in

Whats ur problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xipniste Paidia!!!!!!!!!1

NO one loves him so much but we shouldnt critcisie him either. He has done well

He turned PAO into UEFA cup to League contenders, went 6 games without conceding a goal, is undefeated in the league and we are in CL now, has brought the form back to Gonzalez and is the THIRD coahc this SEASON at PAO. What more do u want.

If this is the only good thing he has done than wake up and smell the coffee. Plus, we killed OSFP and even though they could of equalised we could of made it 4-0 by HT with Gkekas missing chances. Did you see the game????

Skanzy lost to AEK 1-0 in OAKA than 1-1 in the CUP than he got his ULTIMATE CHANCE and lost to AEK 3-1

Mi les m*****AS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously you dont watch PAO games bc Gonzalez in this position has been playing extremely well. Every pao attack starts from him (every pao attack thats worth mentioning) and he is the only one that can pass properly

This i Agree - i dun like Wooter eitheer!!!!!!!!!

Vyntra next leader - I dunno wat ur thinking BUT i do agree that Vyntra should play especially over Bides and he did against AEK and hopefully thats a sign of things to come

You know why he leaves Munch on his own - Bc the LAMOIO is a liability and maybe he has realised that - and the 3-4-3 means MUnch controls the left - with usually Pap infront of him

Bc OSFP is a deserved winner!! Yeh rite there just as bad with the katsiki Okkas in front and there string of draws mid season when there were absolutely struggling! So its his fault that he plays witgh 3 strikers and they cant score. How more attacking do u want.

Against AEK we had chances it didnt go in

Against PAOK we hit the post twice and had chances but didnt go in

Whats ur problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xipniste Paidia!!!!!!!!!1

everything u said Adonis i agree :tup:

I reckon Melazani has done the best job he can for this season

if u want to criticise him wait till next season malamatter :rolleyes:

Adonis and KissKiss are correct.

Melitzanas seems to know what he's doing. He needs time. I like his gutsy play with 3 strikers. But, he can't play himself. The players have to perform, mark, pass, run, have passion AND score!

But, let's face it. We are NOT a great team... Not that the others are any better.

Finally, in order to become a great team you must work LONG-TERM! AND, you need the whole infrastructure within the organization to perform professionally and with commitment!

kalitero coach apo ton Malezani den tha paroume..... oute prokeitai na vroume.... einai o pio kalos coach pou eixame ta talautaia xronia, an ginoun oi metagrafes pou prepei to summer o Malezani tha kanei trela pragmata tin epomeni xronia.....!!!

It's so funny and weird how there are those who want Malezani to go already after what?...a few games!!! Unbelievable.

Malez requires time to put a good team/club together and you definitely don't do that in such a short time span. It's only normal for f*&^% sake.

I think some greens feel that because the chances of PAO winning the protathlima are slim, it's a reason to sack the coach... :nono:

If you "love" your club you stick with the ups and downs forever no matter what happens.

It's so funny and weird how there are those who want Malezani to go already after what?...a few games!!! Unbelievable.

Malez requires time to put a good team/club together and you definitely don't do that in such a short time span. It's only normal for f*&^% sake.

I think some greens feel that because the chances of PAO winning the protathlima are slim, it's a reason to sack the coach... 

If you "love" your club you stick with the ups and downs forever no matter what happens.

I think its funnier that there calling his name after a...........draw :o

Aman - what would happen if he lost a game - ohh wait that has happened yet!!!!

Getting rid of Malezani is not going to help PAO solve their problems. After all, this guy came to the club and inherited this club, it's players, and all the problems associated with them. He hasn't had the time to get some players that he wants, or put his "stamp" on the squad. Give him a chance. Asanovic is not the answer here.

I agree that there shouldn't be a question of weather Malezani should stay or not. The problem is that HE might not want to stay. There has been a lot of talk on the media about his weekend trips in Italy (his family hasn't come to Greece with him so far) and the fact that he seems to be unsettled.

I watched the game... we should have won, but AEK could have had a penalty in the end...

We can't blame anyone other than ourselves.... The derbies can go either way, that's OK, as long as you win the games against teams like ..Aris!

PAO continues its ..tradition by losing titles because it wastes points agains teams at the bottom of the league.

So, it's up to gavroi to lose it now. Iraklis, I said it before, will play hard and and needing a win to go to UEFA may beat or tie OLY.... It's not over, but we don't control our future now.... too bad.

Pao didn't lose the title b/c they lost points to lower teams

Olympiakos did the same thing as well by losing to Ergotelis

this has been one crazy season

Thank You AEK

time to go to Thessaloniki to win the double

Archived