Phantis Forums

WCq: GREECE - Ukraine

Ziaka

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off you cannot take anything away from Ukraine for their good play and top spot but I agree they can certainly be beaten and that will finally happen this week against our Elladara.

yeah and what happened to Gekas? injured? vacation? not on Ottto's list anymore?

Many like myself said why bring on Lakis and take out Stelio the other day. Too bad he couldnt do more with the ball. I feel bad for the guy but when you're in this rare situation the pressure builds and easily screw up like so many other million dollar players. For Otto to put him there's a valid reason so hopefully if he's still around he does better.

Any of you know why Stelios was pulled out for Lakis that early?

Akritis,

Those were the dark days of Greek football. I remember watching the 7-1 thrashing Denmark gave us....in the first 10 minutes i went to make a caffethaki and come back and the score was already 3-0. The team had big ego problems then and the coach was a big muppa head smoking cigarattes on the bench.

Manoli,

From memory the Danes scored first, then Saravakos equalised with a good finish then the Ethniki mentally went on vacation and conceded 6 straight.

Dark old days indeed.

Fast forward to 2004 and the reason for the phenomenal success of the national team is down to one factor - OTTO REHAGEL!

I am an Olympiakos filathlos, but Georgatos attitude against Finland in that qualifier where we lost 5 - 1 was F*CKED!

I agree with Mr Rehagel. He needed to chop the dead wood. The players that thought they were above the National team and didn't care about disgracing the galanoleuki fanela should never be selected

This might be the reason why Akis Zikos and Niko Lyberopoulos have not had a look in since. However, I do get a feeling that Mr Rehagel doesn't like changing things too radically. Why mess with a sucessfuly formula, indeed.

First off you cannot take anything away from Ukraine for their good play and top spot but I agree they can certainly be beaten and that will finally happen this week against our Elladara.

yeah and what happened to Gekas? injured? vacation? not on Ottto's list anymore?

Many like myself said why bring on Lakis and take out Stelio the other day. Too bad he couldnt do more with the ball. I feel bad for the guy but when you're in this rare situation the pressure builds and easily screw up like so many other million dollar players. For Otto to put him there's a valid reason so hopefully if he's still around he does better.

Any of you know why Stelios was pulled out for Lakis that early?

Stelios was taking out b/c he was struggling on the pitch

he had a bad game and he blew a chance to score but hitting the post

i think King Otto took him out b/c of his lack of play, his psychological problems in the game and to get him some rest for the big game v Ukraine

we need to win

i know stelios will bounce back and will play a great game

he is too good of a player not to bounce back

ella re elladara mas

I am an Olympiakos filathlos, but Georgatos attitude against Finland in that qualifier where we lost 5 - 1 was F*CKED!

everyone thought when this guy went to Inter-Milan that he would replace Roberto Carlos

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Ukraine is average at best. Credit to them for being in the position they are in at the moment. I think it's only temporary. They aren't a world power. They couldn't beat Slovenia for the last world cup for the playoff.

We beat them 1 nil last time we played at home, this time we should beat them more comfortably and reduce their lead to 2 points and then we will let them fight out second with the Turks.

don't forget our coach has changed since the euro qualifiers

and half of the players have changed to

also may i point out the fact that we've won in Turkey - 0-3, which you guys couldn't achieve :P

for the long time we have stopped 1 step from getting into euro/WC because of losing points to the teams like Armenia and Georgia, this time it's not happening and we are going to the WC no matter what

especially seing the tur-gre game... greek team didn't impress me much, 9 man in defence, might work against Turkey but will not work against us.

I hope this time they will show some exciting football.

especially seing the tur-gre game... greek team didn't impress me much, 9 man in defence, might work against Turkey but will not work against us.

If you expect ELLAS to put 9 men behind the ball when playing home, then you will be dissapointed. Ukraine will get a surprise.

I think that Ukraine deserved a good qualification campaign, they are a traditional power in European football and I think they will qualify first. It is ok if their fans exagerate, they have not seen that good a team for a while. But I do not think they are better that the Greek team. Perhaps they are equal.

But the Greeks can achieve more because of their winning mentality and high morals. I believe that we are going to win this game relativelly easy (guess 2-0). But Ukrane will get first spot, unless they commit suicide with Turkey.

Ukraina didn't impress me neither against Kasachstan.....

And when you beat Turkey 3-0 ..... Georgia has drawn them in Turkey in that time...as they were in a low.... Last Saturday .., you would not have won either in Constantinople....believe me ...

This was a strong Turkish Team... and many good teams would have lost there....

You the Ukranians still live... in the first place ..... because in the first half of September 2004 we had to play in Tirana and agianst Turkey...with our unprepared players....as the saison did not beginn in Greece...or in the countries that our National Player play...only Giannakopoulos had started the saison...... that was an immense disadvantage for us..... and we have given away 4 points.... for nothing there....

If not you would not be on the first place now pal....

don't forgett that ..........

And if you lose Wednesday..... try to beat the Turks in the return game... B)

It will be much difficult as you ever might think...amigo

Strannik dont forget mate u still have to play in greece and in georgia and host a decent turkish team. Its not as easy as you think, the smaller nations can cause upsets espectialy when you think your cruzin, albanian did it to us at the start of the campaign.

The greek team will be very different against ukraine, otto is very experienced he didnt use tsartas, kyriakos, zagorakis(suspended), giannakopulos(will play a different role)...i garante the greek team will be very different to the mach against tukey , otto went for a draw and thats it his playing mind games with every1.

Ukrain will loose to an attacking greek side on thursday.

thats my opinion anyway :tup:

cheers

So in this case you are afraid of Greece... :P if not, you wouldn't act like you described......despite we did not impress you ...by your words....

the game with Kazachstan was before you played turkey so we didn't know how Greece will go :)

we arn't affraid of greece but that doesn't mean we should weaken our team

kyriacos didnt play, i belive he will appear, otto has him fresh and i belive his one of our best and that he will play. tsartas will make an appearence to he was the difference in ukrane which let greece leave with a point. his a match winner, otto didnt play his strongest team in turkey but he will in greece cause he has zagorakis back to keep things together, greece will hit hard in athens. :box:

Ukraine is average at best. Credit to them for being in the position they are in at the moment. I think it's only temporary. They aren't a world power. They couldn't beat Slovenia for the last world cup for the playoff.

We beat them 1 nil last time we played at home, this time we should beat them more comfortably and reduce their lead to 2 points and then we will let them fight out second with the Turks.

don't forget our coach has changed since the euro qualifiers

and half of the players have changed to

also may i point out the fact that we've won in Turkey - 0-3, which you guys couldn't achieve :P

for the long time we have stopped 1 step from getting into euro/WC because of losing points to the teams like Armenia and Georgia, this time it's not happening and we are going to the WC no matter what

Its not Greece's style to win blow out games

we just aren't equipped to do so

but u don't need a big goal differential to dominate the game

we do it in other areas

Ukraine will feel that domination tomorrow

when our defense dominates there offensive style of play and our Offensive will put the ball in the back of the net quite a few times

Greece will win

the game with Kazachstan was before you played turkey so we didn't know how Greece will go :)

Pan-Strannik,

I have read a couple of your posts and you are overly simplifying things. Every game is different. The approach to each individual team is therefore different. How would you play in Moscow if Russia would be the champion?

Podumai xorosho!!!

You have one world class player, Shevchenko and two average players, Voronin and Vorobei (is he able to chirp?) LOL

It would a very difficult task for Ukraine in Greece. The pyschological pressure in this game will not weigh heavy on the Greek team. That is a huge load off their shoulders. Me pobedim 2-1 or 2-0! Diakouiem!!!!

ELLADA PANTA ELLADA :gr:

Apollo

Pan-Strannik,

I have read a couple of your posts and you are overly simplifying things. Every game is different. The approach to each individual team is therefore different. How would you play in Moscow if Russia would be the champion?

Podumai xorosho!!!

You have one world class player, Shevchenko and two average players, Voronin and Vorobei (is he able to chirp?) LOL

It would a very difficult task for Ukraine in Greece. The pyschological pressure in this game will not weigh heavy on the Greek team. That is a huge load off their shoulders. Me pobedim 2-1 or 2-0! Diakouiem!!!!

ELLADA PANTA ELLADA :gr:

Apollo

i reckon the pressure will be on Greece in this game, because if you lose you virtually lose all the chances to qualify from first spot, whereas for Ukraine it won't be so tragic

especially if turks lose in Kazachstan like their youngsters did :)

Posted Image

Greece scores in UKR.

That's ALL I want to see ...

With Thodori back, and rested, :tup: the team will be much more organized.

Remember the impact his substitution had in the 2nd half of the GRE-DK game?

Both Stelios and Gounaros will perform better under the general.

Bassina will also benefit and our midfield will look good, unlike the TUR game...

PEACE

Archived