Phantis Forums

pao - osfp

Crazy

hard to predict and there is still a week in between during which a lot can happen (knock on wood).

osfp seems to start playing better and pao seems to have some problems with their play recently, but this match still is a derby. everything in between a 4-0 and a 0-4 is possible.

bajevic should start castillo and have faith in his abilities. but there would be a very high risk that this kid could get two yellows quite fast if he isnt able to control himself.

i think we are able to win this one and if we win pao will be under a lot of pressure and will have some difficult matches coming up.

2-1 osfp. another step towards the title. B)

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As long as Olympiacos plays their game... This is going to be an easy one for Thrylos. But if they get into PAO rythim of game (which no-one really understands) then the game will become a "hackfest" and Dumb A** Giovanni will get thrown out and cause the game for Olympiacos.

It's very clear that Olympiacos is the MUCH better side, so they need to act like that on and off the pitch.

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

IF OLY IS A MUCH BETTER SIDE THEN HOW COME THEY ARE NOT SHOWING IT OR ARE NOT IN THE TOP OF THE LEAGUE??????????

As long as Olympiacos plays their game... This is going to be an easy one for Thrylos.  But if they get into PAO rythim of game (which no-one really understands) then the game will become a "hackfest" and Dumb A** Giovanni will get thrown out and cause the game for Olympiacos.

It's very clear that Olympiacos is the MUCH better side, so they need to act like that on and off the pitch.

:gr:  :gr:  :gr:  :gr:  :gr:  :gr:  :gr:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:  :tup:

IF OLY IS A MUCH BETTER SIDE THEN HOW COME THEY ARE NOT SHOWING IT OR ARE NOT IN THE TOP OF THE LEAGUE??????????
they are fiurst

check the standings

As long as Olympiacos plays their game... This is going to be an easy one for Thrylos.  But if they get into PAO rythim of game (which no-one really understands) then the game will become a "hackfest" and Dumb A** Giovanni will get thrown out and cause the game for Olympiacos.

sorry i meant first not by goal differantial.

Guest Protathlitis

newcastle-oly 4-0

newcastle-aston villa 0-3

yes we will win

I want to thank slicky here for bring up a point I want to make about football in general!!!

why are people constantly picking ONE or TWO results from the plethora of games that a team plays in a season as way to predict outcomes indefinatley of games to come???

as if it means say pao is a better team because they managed to beat ergotelis whereas OSFP didnt. yet when coming up with this magnificant theory the SMALL MINDED ONES completely forget the fact that OSFP already did away with PAO in the first DERBY!!!

then somebody refers to the fact that we lost to newcastle and newcaslte lost to aston villa when they had three players sent off because two team mates were fighting on the field!!

Do I really make a big deal out of beating kerkyra 3-0 when you KOTES lost 2-0????

so why dont we, not just for our own two clubs but for football in general stop making predictions based on links and comparisons between previous results so often??

why dont we use our football knowlegdge and consider other things which might influence the result of this derby in the scum hole leoforos? why dont we consider that pao has been rubbish all year and that OSFP is also in bad form right now?

why dont we consider which of the two coaches is more likely to win the MEGALO DERBY!!!

Without a doubt I can tell you that this match will be a huge football for Bajevic, Rivaldo and Olympiakara. my prediction has changed slightly after some more careful thought

VAZELOKOTOPOULA 0 - 5 OLYMPIAKOS

sorry i meant first not by goal differantial.
no correction they are first because the first tie breaker is the head to head games and if my memory serves me right we beat u 1-0 in december

sorry but nobody from pao can seriously believe first that can win the derby and second with four goals.olimpiakos this year had a lot of problems,injuries(patsatzoglou,venetidis,georgiadis),more games in uefa and cup but still we are first in the championship,semifinals in the cup while pao is watching from the tv.even if bajevic says that the winner won t nessesery win the championship i still believe that we got to prove even in leoforos who is the best team in greece.even with out shurrer and kafes(injury list)we got the talent and experience and magia with djole,ribo,giovvani,georgato,stoltidi,okka,anatol k.a. to win the derby and make vazelous silence for one more time.thrile thee mou olimpiake mou :tup:

Fellow Thrylos fans, unfortunately none of us can have an impact on this game. But our team, will get the job done. we've woken up and not a moment too soon. We will win, beacuse we're better and have better players. We will win, because we will want it more. but mostly, we will win to sweep PAO for the season.

'90 OLY Rivaldo

W- Nikopolidis

L- Galinovic

We come into Leoforos, ready to go and control the ball for 10 minutes. We can't generate chances however and PAO takes over for almost the rest of the game. Nikopolidis panics with Gkekas bearing down on him and commits a dumb, but necessary foul. On the ensuing penalty, just like today, Gkekas is stopped by Nikopolidis who stops with little problem. He does well to predict where Gkekas shoots and the shot is underpowered. Scoreless at the half. PAO comes with energy to begin the half, Konstantinou receives a cross but heads it to Nikopolidis, easy save. 87th minute now, papadopulos enters the game for a clerly off his game Gkekas. Gonzalez feeds him but Papadopulos instead of drilling it home, taps it, thinking he has an easy goal, giving nIkopolidis time to dive and stop it. Not much later Bidis, is picked off by Djordjevic who crosses him up and tries an outlet pass for Okkas. okkas receives the pass but at the edge off the box he is taken down. Free kick. Rivaldo sees the ball, at the edge of the box and pictures the goal he scored at Karaiskaki in November. Halkias was beaten on that play and he does exactly the same thing but this time beating a rusty Galinovic who had almost no action up to this point. 5 minutes later, the match ends and I guess you could this is exactly how I want it to happen. I also however think it will happen like this. Nikopolidis shuts out his old team again, and RIVALDO DOES IT AGAIN! That'll shut Yaniotis1 (anti-Nikopolidis) up! It will also prove Rivaldo is the greek league's top player!

you guys really think you are going to win so simple......dont forget OSFP isnt exactly in top form....beating Kastoria and Ionikos the only thing they have done in months......

haha Nikopolidis stopping a penalty with no problem! ill give you a better scenario!!!!!

'16 Konstantinou

'29 Gkekas

'64 Konstantinou

'87 Wooter

W - Galinovic (no s%$#! its implied when the score is 4-0)

L - Nikopolidis (would be loser even if the score was 4-0 for OSFP)

Konstantinou heads in a nice cross from Vyntra for 1-0 after rough opening

Gkekas is brought down by Castillo who is sent off for being a gypsy, then Gkekas cleverly shoots straight at the keeper knowing Nikopolidis instict is to spill right at his feet and makes a terrible lame second effort to dive at it but its too late and Gkekas taps home. Konstantinou breaks through next half and releases a cannon that hits both posts and hits the back of Adonis head and in...his head is not having a good time tonight already from the lighters and debris thrown at it. After the third goal Nikopolidis begins to cry, regretting his decision and begs Gate 13 to forgive him. Lots more things are flying at him including a spear, which penetrates straight in his intestines, and the game is stopped for 20 mins while Adoni is brought off. Wooter comes on as a sub and eventually capitalizes on a Schurrer mistake and finishes easy past Giannou. The game ends in massive celebration, Bajevic resigns afterwards and Rivaldo declares a few days later he wants to leave during the summer. Also a terrible hurricane lasts 2 days and destroys Karaiskaki stadium. Oh and Kokkalis declares bankruptcy.

newcastle-oly 4-0

newcastle-aston villa 0-3

yes we will win

I want to thank slicky here for bring up a point I want to make about football in general!!!

why are people constantly picking ONE or TWO results from the plethora of games that a team plays in a season as way to predict outcomes indefinatley of games to come???

as if it means say pao is a better team because they managed to beat ergotelis whereas OSFP didnt. yet when coming up with this magnificant theory the SMALL MINDED ONES completely forget the fact that OSFP already did away with PAO in the first DERBY!!!

then somebody refers to the fact that we lost to newcastle and newcaslte lost to aston villa when they had three players sent off because two team mates were fighting on the field!!

Do I really make a big deal out of beating kerkyra 3-0 when you KOTES lost 2-0????

so why dont we, not just for our own two clubs but for football in general stop making predictions based on links and comparisons between previous results so often??

why dont we use our football knowlegdge and consider other things which might influence the result of this derby in the scum hole leoforos? why dont we consider that pao has been rubbish all year and that OSFP is also in bad form right now?

why dont we consider which of the two coaches is more likely to win the MEGALO DERBY!!!

Without a doubt I can tell you that this match will be a huge football for Bajevic, Rivaldo and Olympiakara. my prediction has changed slightly after some more careful thought

VAZELOKOTOPOULA 0 - 5 OLYMPIAKOS

stop smoking the green stuff!

u live in our own world :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

sorry but nobody from pao can seriously believe first that can win the derby and second with four goals.olimpiakos this year had a lot of problems,injuries(patsatzoglou,venetidis,georgiadis),more games in uefa and cup but still we are first in the championship,semifinals in the cup while pao is watching from the tv.even if bajevic says that the winner won t nessesery win the championship i still believe that we got to prove even in leoforos who is the best team in greece.even with out shurrer and kafes(injury list)we got the talent and experience and magia with djole,ribo,giovvani,georgato,stoltidi,okka,anatol k.a. to win the derby and make vazelous silence for one more time.thrile thee mou olimpiake mou :tup:

patsatzoglou,venetidis,georgiadis

except venetidis it is better for u that the 2 others do not play!

georgiadis is what 34?

and patsatzouglou has been injured for 2-3 years man he will never come back strong playing a whole season.

why are oly always mentioning him?

he is so injury-prone.

do u think u would have won the CL with him or the uefa cup?

wake up u do not hear any pao fans talking about if manoli could play a whole season cause we all know he can not.

and patsatzouglou has been injured for 2-3 years man he will never come back strong playing a whole season.

why are oly always mentioning him?

he is so injury-prone.

he hadnt a major injury untill this one. he has not recovered completely from it. i hope he will next year.

if he can get back to his old form he would be a big help for the team. if he gets back...

bajevic should start castillo and have faith in his abilities. but there would be a very high risk that this kid could get two yellows quite fast if he isnt able to control himself.

This is exactly the reason why I wouldn't want him in the initial lineup. Otherwise, it is almost inevitable that we will end up with 10 players. A PAO-OSFP derby pressure is too much for such a character. That's a pitty coz the kid has tons of talent (his goal against Ionikos was marvellous) but also zero level of professionalism.

But enough with Castillo. The real question is who will be the winner. Obviously, derbies like this are unpredictable and forecasts are extremely unsafe. Anyway, if someone checks the human resources of the two rivals and this year's performances, he will probably conclude the following :

1. This is a derby where experience and determination counts and we have showed that we are better there. Additionally, we (Oly) have significantly more skillful and experienced players. Pao did a few good transfers in January (mostly Gekas) but it won't weigh much in the derby. Their problem is not a lack of strikers. I think that they will be so feared of our offence that they will choose to play with only one striker alone, an easy prey for our defence. If Stoltidis will be able to shut down Gonzalez (I think he is) all their play making will start from Basinas and this will a plus for us. On the other side, we have the players that can make the magic pass for penetrating their strict defence.

2. Pao's strength lies in their better physical abilities, their catastrophic football style, and the deadly long shots. Their physical abilities will enable them to put pressure on us in the entirety of the field while their fast counter attacks might give the opportunity to their competent strikers to get the ball via long passes.

As for their catastrophic style of playing, there's no need to talk much. See above. They are the inventors of Deadly Boring Soccer . With the italian coach, they will reach perfection on their "ousia" football (ie catenazzio).

Their long shots? Quite dangerous indeed. It is their main contributor in scoring and saved them in many occasions. No wonder that the ability to score from distance is their standard prerequisite for any tranfer. I wonder why we Oly fans haven't noticed that...

3. As of late, we aren't in that great form either. Yes, Pao has their own problems (too many coach changes and a bunch of nobodies acquired in the last year, Leoforos problem). But there are quite enough reasons for Bajevic to underperform too. We have injuries and tired aged players. Additionally, our many targets made us loose concentration and the humiliating defeat in UK didn't help either. Things have cleared up recently so, hopefully, we will recover.

4. Pao's coach hasn't still become acclimatized to the team. Even worse for them, he isn't be experienced in handling the special conditions of a classic Pao-Osfp derby.

4. Our terrible internal tensions and the home bans have played a huge role in holding us back. Without those bans (blame the management for not understanding that in time) we would be at least 5 points ahead. That proves that, despite the fact that Pao is indeed a formiddable opponent, we are better.

prediction: Pao 0 - Oly 1 or 0-0

GAVROI AS A PAO FAN I MUST ADMIT THAT AT THE START OF THE SEASON I THOUGHT YOU GUYS HAD AN AMAZING TEAM AND THAT YOU GUYS WOULD BE AHEAD IN THE LEAD BY ALOT AND WIN THE LEAGUE BUT I WAS WRONG.

MY THIS BE A GOOD GAME WITH LOTS OF ACTION.MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN,

PAO THAT IS!

Well drako, where should I start. OK, Nikopolidis kicks a$$ and has already shut PAO out this year. So why do u think it'll be any different. The Gkekas penalty example I gave you, was almost 100 percent based on the one last week. The win/loss thing, i already explained it. Karaiskaki burn down? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ! Not even close to before Leoforos does, did UEFA not officially proclaim Leoforos a piece of sh#t. Kokkalis is as likely to get bankrupt as Omonoia is to come from behind APOEL and Anorthosis. Nikopolidis to beg THYRA 13 for forgiveness? When? While beasting his old team again. Or after the game when he and his teamates celebrate the hard-fought victory I predicted. Oh well Drako, double trouble for you as Juve rolls over Milan, and if that magically doesn't happen, at least I can be sure enough to guarantee Olympiakos finishing ahead of you guys whose play resemble a bunch of pregnant kotes. Oh look out for AEK, they'll be 2nd after this weekend.

Oh, and how comfortable do you feel with Galinovic in goal? I feel comfortable. Comfortable, knowing every shot we take will go in. Unfortunately think shots will be hard to come by for us, so Rivaldo's free kick will have to do. But hey, we've made do with that before.

Archived