Phantis Forums

A' Div: PAOK - Skoda Xanthi

Ziaka

On Saturday, April 2 PAOK will host Skoda Xanthi at empty Toumba. We are 2 poitns behind Xanthi and with a win we can go past them in the standings. In the first round we defeated them 2-0 and i see the same happening at Toumba. For added intrigue, PAOK is now coached by the ex-Xanthi coach Karageorgiou.

My prediction: PAOK - Xanthi 2-0

Not having fans hurts big time, but I see PAOK stepping it up and winning 2-1. Salpingidis will score both goals and us Greeks will continue to ponder why he dosen't get a serious chance/shot w/ the national team :unsure: :gr:

Does anyone know why Salpingidis is not on the National Team???? I am sure alot of you will agree that he would be a huge benefit to the team!!!! I beleive that he is one that gives more than he has in every game and is a goal scorer.

Magia Mou Pou Ime Paokdsis

Paokara Omadara Kai Ksero Psomi!!!!

Because he is very selfish, he is not a team player.If he gets little better and plays abroad then he will realize how differently the good players play .I don't think any team from Europe will get him and he will never get much better,he is good for Paok though.

Because he is very selfish, he is not a team player.If he gets little better and plays abroad then he will realize how differently the good players play .I don't think any team from Europe will get him and he will never get much better,he is good for Paok though.

VERY SELFISH AND NOT A TEAM PLAYER??? LOL, OKAY :tup: :tup:

PAOKARA OMADARA..KAI KSERO PSOMI

Let's go PAOK!!! I see a big victory coming. :)

Because he is very selfish, he is not a team player.

A player that leads the league in assists can't be considered selfish. On top of that he is at the top of the scoring list as well with 9 goals.

What were you thinking while you were writing this...... ;) ;) :nono: :nono:

Have you even watched him play?? Or just saying this cause he is from PAOK.

I'm telling you he would be a HUGE benefit to the national team!!!!!!

PAOKARA OMADARA KAI KSERO PSOMI!!!!!

I have often wondered why Otto hasn't brought Salpiggidis onto the team on a more permanent basis. He was called up once or twice I believe.

I think the answer lies in the fact that Otto tends to pick players who are deep in experience or who could be considered veterans. I could be mistaken but there are only a few players on the club who haven't got a fair number of caps under their belts.

Otto should recognize the fact that this kid is the heart and soul of PAOK and he shows it every time he goes out onto the pitch. His statisitics prove that and his unwavering love for the club is truly amazing. Think about it. He's gone from such highs to such lows in the course of one campaign...and yet he doesn't complain publicly. He doesn't bitch and moan about the admin. He doesn't make a peep about his lack of payments. NOTHING! He's not a selfish player in the least. Not on the pitch..or off of it.

Give it time guys. Vryzas (God love him) won't be in that position for long. He still plays his heart out and he's earned the respect of Otto for his tireless dedication. Otto knows Salpiggidis is there. It's just a matter of time.

Hmm...3rd place. What a shocker that would turn out to be eh?

As much as I would like to see that happen, I can't really see Oly or AEK or PAO slipping up that much that would allow a PAOK or Xanthi to move up into 3rd place. Oh baby, wouldn't it be sweet though!

I don't see it either.... but we are only 11 points from the top! I think.... We can always dream.

Not having fans hurts big time, but I see PAOK stepping it up and winning 2-1. Salpingidis will score both goals and us Greeks will continue to ponder why he dosen't get a serious chance/shot w/ the national team :unsure: :gr:

I forgot which PAOK player was quoted last week, maybe Salpiggidi, but with respect to the closed stadium they said " no big deal, we are used to playing like that" :LOL:

Sad but true....

Even though I think we did have a recent streak of not playing in empty stadiums for a while.

Game over, we won 1-0!!! We're in 4th place now!!! Bravo re PAOK!

http://www.sportime.gr/html/ent/771/ent.61771.asp

bravo ? Xanthi outplayed Paok for the majority of the game.

The "goal" for Paok was thanks to the great ref's Greece has been able to produce...........

THREE PAOK PLAYERS IN AN OFFSIDE POSITION !

Bravo Paok :la:

A good but lucky win. I watched most of the game and Xanthi had some really good chances to go up one or two goals. Especially Luciano on his breakaway.

Vasilios: A win is a win...and PAOK will take the 3 points.

Archived