Phantis Forums

A' Div: PAOK - Skoda Xanthi

Ziaka

Yes, bravo PAOK.

If you haven't noticed Vasili0s, PAOK has had a rough season overall. We've had 2 coaching changes, a crappy start to the season, sh*t management, serious money issues, and players being unpaid over long periods of time.

Considering all this, PAOK being in 4th place, nine points from the top, is a great accomplishment.

Over the past 6 games, PAOK has won 5 tied 1 and lost 0. They are undefeated with their new coach.

Oly over the last 6 games, has won 2, tied 3, and lost one.

I'll take the 5 wins anyday.

Soccer is not about who plays the best, most attractive style, but who plays like a team and finds a way to win. Greece in Euro 2004 proved that.

Do refs make mistakes? Yes all the time. But ultimately it's the team that determines who wins or loses games.

I only saw highlites of the game. The goal we scored should not have counted as it came from a clear offside situation. In the end it is the win and the 3 points that count. Great run for the team so far under Karageorgiou. Big test next week against AEK in Athens.

File Nikolao, im not one to take away anything from the Macedonians. Under Karageorgiou they are playing as a real club team should and it's good to see they've been able to move up in the standings to show for it. A stronger Alpha division certantly has a strong Paok under her belt.

But when Xanthi has been playing well all year and to see the akritikoi go out in such a manner in Toumba should be an embarassing moment for Greek football in general, especially considering the standings and how they've been shaped from the result.

Big test indeed Ziaka, let's see what Paok is made of against AEK that will throw everything she pocesses for the title as we have an even bigger derby next week, and now it seems is the time to capatlize.

Good luck.

I see your point Vasili0s, but ref's are human, and make mistakes. It's a lot easier to ref watching a game from home on your couch, seeing different camera angles, close-ups, slo-motion, and replays of a controversial call. Refs don't have that luxury, and have to make split-second decisions in real time, running around, based on the angle they are viewing the play. I'm sure it's tough as hell to be a ref, and I for one wouldn't want to touch that with a ten foot pole. They really get no respect, and I think deserve a little bit more thanks than they get. I see refs as part of the game you cannot control, and see no point in complaining about them.

Regarding the game, just because a call went PAOK's way doesn't absolutely mean that the game would have had a different result. It might, it might not.

Sure, in the past I've been pissed about a bad call against my team, but what's the point in complaining? I truly believe we need to accept that mistakes will happen, both with refs and players, and just move on. Complaining acomplishes nothing.

When it comes down to it, if a team really dominates another, a bad call here and there will not make a difference. That's why I again believe that ultimately teams decide matches, not refs. That's off course if the match is not fixed! :LOL: .

Yes, like Ziaka said the upcoming PAOK game against AEK is a big one, and will be a good indication if PAOK can compete with the big boys. I think the answer is yes, and predict a PAOK win or a tie at minimum.

Vasili0s, I wish you and Oly the best against PAO next week!! That should be a fun game to watch, and might determine the championship!

Archived