Phantis Forums

A' Div: Aris - PAOK

Ziaka

On Sunday we have the big Thessaloniki derby at Kleanthous Vikelidis Stadium. Both teams are in need of points. Aris in order to move out of the relegations zone, and PAOK in order to keep pace for an UEFA Cup spot.

This will be a game with a lot of emotions involved. In game like these any result is possible. Obviously I want PAOK to win, but i think we will have to settle for a tie.

How close to relegation will Aris be now if they lose (which is pretty sure)...

They are even on points, 4th from the bottom:

13 Aris..................... 19 19 2 5 3 1 5 3 16-21

14 Ergotelis.............. 19 19 3 3 4 2 1 6 17-31

15 Apollon Kalamaria 16 20 3 3 4 0 4 6 16-34

16 Kerkira AO.......... 15 19 2 4 4 1 2 6 15-26

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A solid win by PAOK. Karageorgiou seems to have the team thinking as "a team" again and the timely return of a few key players has certainly helped.

It was good to see Meicel get on the scoreboard finally.

As Irlandos mentioned, Aris has been relegated before. A fact that PAOK fans always like to remind them of.

Great win by PAOK.

The game was actually shown on ERT-Sat live, but I found out late and only saw the last 10 minutes of it. F***ing ERT-Sat, can't they publicize ahead of time that they will be showing it?

Anyway it was nice to see Mieciel score twice. This win can only help the team ahead of the big game next week against Olympiakos. I want to see a full Toumba next week to give the team suuport.

As for Aris, I think they will manage to remain in the top division. With the help of their fans I see them pulling it off. The league will not be the same without this classic Saloniki derby.

Yeah, I agree great win, and a great way to go into the Oly game at Toumba. Go PAOK!

Archived