Phantis Forums

pao-kerkira

slick13

ESP you are being rediculous(again).

Lay off the players backs. Most of them and especially the ones we just purchased have not even been with the team for 2 months.

If someone knows a team that plays blindingly with new acquisitions let me know their name because I've been following and have played football for almost 20 years and I don't know of such. To add to the above, when you have 4 coach (3 proper and 1 care-taker) changes in 1 season, it helps even less. When are you going to understand that?

All the players we purchased are good. Maybe Roubakis is an exception but let's remember how bad Munch was in the beginnibg last year and what he is now.

Just look at last Sunday's line-up:

1)Galinovic -has been with the club since the summer

2)Vyntra- Has been with the club for 1 year and was converted to a right-back.

3) Roubakis- has been with us 2 months

4)Morris- one of the "old campaigners". has been with us for 1,5 years

5)Goumas- the only player that's been with us forever.

6)Sapanis- only returned to the line up 2 weeks ago after being out for almost all squads this season.

7)Bides- only 2 months

8)Maric- 1,5 seasons

9)Konstantinou- the only other old-campaigner with Goumas

10) Gekas - 2 months

11) Skacel - since last summer

12) Wooter- 2 months

13)Olisadebe- old campaigner but seldom played in last 2 years

14)Kotsios - 1 year at the club

Three differant coaches has appplied differant game plans, systems and line-ups all this time yet we have managed (somehow) to still be in the title chase and on Sunday, we could find ourselves on top (this shows how crap the Greek league really is)

Now my question to you ESP is how do you expect all these players to perform at their best when almost all of them have been at the club less than 2 years?

You don't like Bides or have not been convinced by him. Fair enough. I really haven't been either according to the advertising he received when we signed him. We were also told Wooter was carving up the Cypriot league. I don't doubt it, but the Greek league is several levels above. The best cypriot team would probably finish 7th-8th whilst a 2nd one would struggle to stay up. There are light years between the 2 leagues.

But, I am willing to give all new players a decent chance. It's not fair on them. They have all this pressure without having a chance to find their feet in a team that was already struggling for form. Bides has shown some good signs but that's about it.

At this moment in time the only players pulling their weight are Konstantinou, Galinovic and Vyntra (to an extent). The rest are mediocre, to injured, ill-discipined to out of form.

If we all drew our favorite line-up I bet many of us would agree which one is the best. We all have our fav players and well as the ones we dislike.

I greatly dislike Konstantinidis and Skacel but I would never, ever "boo" or "verbally abuse" one of our own players whilst at a game. I hope you don't do that Pappou because I usually give sfaliares to "fans" like that.

ps Get off Bides' case. He's the last to blame. If you want to lay the blame for anything, blame the management. They make the decisions. The players do the best they can. Now, if that is good enough, it ain't their fault they are playing for PAO.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excuse me but if I remember correctly I was the one who was saying, give the new players a chance.... I said first that Skatchel might be a good signing (obviously that is not the case) or I was saying that we kicked out players which we never saw them play(i.e. Mitu)...

After almost 1 year and having seen Skatchel I can easily say that he is crap!!! LAMOIO, I have seen him for years!!! The guy is useless!!! Bides? I said it in the beginning, I have seen 10 Kypriaka palta playing in the Greek league... NONE of them were any good apart from Michalakis (who again gave less than expected...)

I have serious back up for my arguments... I don't just jidge a player by his pony tail, or if he is Cypriot or if he wears golden shoes... I judge him according to expectations, money, name, and performances....

And if I am biast against all new players why don't I say anything about Wooter for example? Because the guy KNOWS how to kick the ball...

You say about Roubakis... I can guarantee you that Roubakis is 10 times better than Bides and Skatchel... And his game last Sunday was bad because he had no help at all from the walking Check who was in front of him....

So don't tell me I am rediculous I have seen most of the PAO games this season...

Bides@ I did not rate the Kalamaria game because I haven't seen it nor the cup game you are mentioning..... But of course I forgot that you have the "magic satellite" where you can watch PAO games which are not even broadcasted in Greece!!!! :P

We were also told Wooter was carving up the Cypriot league. I don't doubt it, but the Greek league is several levels above. The best cypriot team would probably finish 7th-8th whilst a 2nd one would struggle to stay up. There are light years between the 2 leagues.

Evergreen,

i agree with you but not all the way. Our 1st team can probably rank 4th-5th if they had all the support the greek teams have(fans etc). 3 teams of the Cyprus league can avoid relegation. Maybe 1 can struggle but i think they can avoid it.

Archived