Phantis Forums

PAOK for sale. (AGAIN)

Ziaka

CH-Thrylos, like you say it sounds incredible, and my opinion is that this is nothing but hot air. It's quite interesting to see that there are no people from Greece that want to invest in or buy PAOK (or any other Thessaloniki based team for that matter), but we have all kinds of outside investors coming and going.

I merged the topics dealing with the same subject.

As for believing this crap. Time will tell, but I am very sceptical. If you have the type of money and connections the "ependytes" are talking about, you don't go around telling to the sleazy press. You go to the people that have the PAE PAOK shares and make an offer.

Allready, one of the people that was part of the prospective buyers was arrested last night in Thessaloniki for prior embezzlement charges.

Additionaly, Anelka was signed by Fenerbahce, so there goes that great metagrafi.

Finally the prospective buyers will be meeting with Goumenos tonight at 19:30 GR.

Time will tell.

The "prospective" buyers held a 1.5 hour meeting with the current majority shareholders Goumenos and Pagonis. Also present at the meeting were: president of Amateur PAOK, Katsaris; KAE PAOK president Paneloudis; old time PAOK players, such as Koudas, and representatives of PAOK fan clubs.

The result of the meeting seems to be that Goumenos and Pagonis are willing to sell PAE PAOK, but before they can proceed, they need to meet with the actual people that are behind the interested party. With that in mind, since the Syrian bussinesman can't or is not willing to travel to Thessaloniki for discussion, representatives of PAE PAOK will travel to Damascus to meet the person in question.

More info from Metrosport.gr:

http://www.metrosport.gr/modules.php?name=FirstPageNews&func=viewcurrent&varid=23142'>

After witnessing the events of the last few days, there is one thing I have to say. This is nothing but another farce played upon PAOK fans, taken directly from the Batatoudis book. Many people still think Batatoudis is running the show at PAOK behind the scenes anyway. Here is my take on what is happening.

- Present "TEMPORARY" front office (Goumenos/Pagonis) as appointed by the courts is under pressure from many sides. This includes a very poor financial situation of PAE PAOK

- Under this pressure present PAE PAOK board has called up a general assembly for February 15 to elect a permanent PAE PAOK board

- In order for the new and permanent PAE PAOK board to be elected to the Goumenos/Pagonis liking, they have created a distracting event to keep the people in the dark. This distracting event is the interest by some Syrian businessman that nobody ever heard about to buy PAOK. In return Goumenos/Pagonis are pushing their agenda behind the scenes without being scrutinized by the press and fans, since they are busy talking about the big stars that the new owners will be bringing to PAOK.

You're right Ziaka, this smells of Batitoudis all the way. Man, it stinks of him all the way around the world!!!! There is no reason for this to be happening!!

PAE PAOK must be in such dire straits.....I mean, no one in Thessaloniki wants to touch that team with a 10 foot pole. They obviously know something these idiots Goumenos/Pagonis/Batitoudis know as well. This team is in a boatload of crap.

Arthro 44 anyone!?!? Just joking...even if they were going to be relegated, I still wouldn't want them to use that thing.

Arthro 44 anyone!?!? Just joking...even if they were going to be relegated, I still wouldn't want them to use that thing.

You might be joking, but I would not be suprised if anything like that happens after the Feb. 15 elections at PAE PAOK. Interestingly, when Aggelos Anastasiaids spoke on the radio 2 weeks ago, he himself said that arthro 44 is not out of the question at PAOK. it's obvious that Goumenos/Pagonis don't have money to put into the team. This is the reason, why they will bring into the front office people like Koudas in hope that he will bring in people with money.

Their thinking is flawed. People who have money are smart. They're not rich because they're stupid. If, as rich businessmen, they have the money to put into a football club, they're not going to do it on the encouragement or advice of a legendary PAOK player. They're going to do it because it makes good business sense. No one has done it. No one will likely do it either under the current conditions. After all, they're in it to make money, not waste it.

Ziaka, you know as well as I do who makes money in Greek football. Very few and far between in the grand scheme of things. PAOK had a chance of making a bit of cash this year with the CL but they pooched that one badly. Why? Bad amateur ownership!!!! Incompetent f%*s who didn't know what they were doing. That includes stinky Batman too.

I'd be very disappointed if PAOK tried to use Arthro 44. I'd sooner they were relegated, dissolved, whatever... Arthro 44 was never meant to be used for these situations. It keeps the greedy fat cats happy in the knowledge that they're never really accountable for their decisions. Well, screw them. Like I said, I'd sooner see a dissolved PAOK, re-emerge, under a new management, whose constitution precludes certain people or types of people from owning the club. Everything would be above-board and transparent, money put into the club and money going out of the club would be evident on an ongoing basis, and the filth that currently exists in the club would be washed away.

I know...keep dreaming eh?

Archived