Phantis Forums

Olympiakos - Panathinaikos

Montreal_Thrillos

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly! In the Premiership!  :D

Because in Europe their records are awful. If you live in England, as you claim, you should know that Arsenal are the laughing stock among the big powers of english football, because of their looser mentality, when they cross the borders...

Even Chelsea reached the semi-finals in their first attempt after so many years... Even Celtic reached the final (Uefa Cup).

If my memory doesn't fool me, Arsenal's home record in Champions League, was something like W19, D9, L7... which means approx. 1 in 2 games they dont win it!!!!

Are you still proud of your achievement in Highbury then?  :unsure:

Yes, I am still proud of it because at the end of the day it was unknown players from PAO playing against some of the bst players in the world.

It was you yourself Dragon who said Arsenal would beat us twice. You were so sure. Don't deny it. It's all written there on record on the Panathinaikos boards. Be honest, you said many times that we were dreaming if we thought that we could get anything from Arsenal.

As for Arsenal, yes everyone here knows that they have miserable record in Europe. I admit it that few days before we play them. I said that if we are not intimidated by their name and attck them and also play good defence, we could get at least a draw because Arsenal are not that great in Europe. I remember you wrote back to say 'and then you wake up'.

Anyway, the point is if your team got two draws with the leaders of English league, Arsenal, you'd be thinking you have done very well and I would respect you for it.

speaking of in europe exclusive records...hey whats your record, e? geys??

also a 49 game unbeaten run in the EPL is pretty damn strong record it does indicate a shitload about the quality of the team.

Liverpool havent exactly been that much better in recent years than arsenal....

Liverpool havent exactly been that much better in recent years than arsenal....

Liverpool were Uefa Cup winners in 2001!!!

What was Arsenal's last european trophy? :rolleyes:

As for Panos13 comments above... yes I said things like these, as the form of Arsenal up to last month was so good, that convinced me this season they could do miracles in Europe as well...

Unfortunately it seems they'll be the joke of England again... if you can't beat teams like Pana, you cant be dreaming of euro-glory.... :(

LOL...if you put it that way then your win over Liverpool is nothing because they are also very poor.

To use your own words, if Liverpool can't beat a team like Olympiakos then they are not very good anyway.

By the way, this Liverpool struggld to beat a very poor Crystal Palace today with two penalties. Also their record is far worse than Arsenal's in the EPL.

LOL...if you put it that way then your win over Liverpool is nothing because they are also very poor.

To use your own words, if Liverpool can't beat a team like Olympiakos then they are not very good anyway.

Did you see the Olympiakos-Liverpool game??? :unsure:

It wasn't a case that Liverpool lost the 3 points... It was purely a case of Olympiakos winning them deservedly ...

Whereas in the 2 games between Arsenal and Panathinaikos, it was obvious that Arsenal lost 2 points at each game rather than Panathinaikos winning 1 pt. in each.

There is a difference my friend.

3 times Arsenal got the lead... 3 times they surrendered it...

I pressed Liverpool from the very first minute, and (especially in the 1st half) it felt like I was playing against Akratitos... I made Liverpool look that small...

Whereas you just took advantage of Arsenal's switching off, every time they scored a goal... It's no co-incidence... with 3 chances against the Gunners you scored 3 goals!!! (1 from 40 metres - Equi's - and 1 after deflection on Cygan...)

I have.

Have you?

yesi have and i am contuing too...i am still young and i have alot of football to play...i have been around the world playing ball and have seen millions of things...most peoples posts are so naive and stupid and the only way to know this is to have played football yourself...where/who have u played with

yes i am :LOL: ..i wish...

but no..its very true, sometimes its very evident by the contents of member's posts that they have never set foot on a serious pitch in their lives...actaully playing ball and sitting behind your computer and talking about it are two differen t things...

still they had 1 win in 6 games. and u guys failed to beat them on a great chance with a free goal given and a penalty shot and u consider the tie better then us winning vs monaco

last I checked u need to win games which is what an objective should be not tying

please

both groups are hard we are in

but 1 win in 6 games when u play an oppnent is a great chance to win

so what quality team have u beaten (not tied)\im witing for an answer

you know your going to be eating your own words my friend, i mean sure oly are "currenly" doing better then pao in europe (jst because 1 year u actually do something doesnt mean ur something speical in europe or as u would like to say "rolls reversed" :LOL: my ass) by what 2 points However pao has played the top team in there group twice(Arse-nal) while oly has only played them once(liverpool) so when u lose to liverpool and we beat Rosenborg.. what would it tell you then?? "that pao is better?" because they got one more point then you guys??? ull look stupid for braging about europe this year coz its to early..

Wait and see...

For starters Olympiakos hasn't done anything yet

they haven't progress to the next round

second of all Monaco was picked by many to win the group before it started so i guess u can say they were the big team in our group and in 2 games we got 3 points while u guys got 2 points from Arsenal

Liverpool is only a point ahead of Monaco with 2 games left

Plus u can't compare the 2 groups

and much tighter race in Group A with 3 teams very closely together

Olympiakos crucial game vs Deportivo is the key b/c they are the weak team in the group and playing at home needing to secure all 3 points

as for Pao they have looked strong in the Greek league this season scoring alot of goals too, but they are currently in 3rd place in there group and they are the defending Greek champions (what excuse will u guys present to us now)

and don't turn my words around i ain't saying just after 4 games in europe were better then u guys but i don't want to jinx my team here.

Lets go Olympiakos

second of all Monaco was picked by many to win the group before it started so i guess u can say they were the big team in our group and in 2 games we got 3 points while u guys got 2 points from Arsenal

yeah but 2 ties is the same thing as a win and a loss, not in points, but in standings, both teams are even with eachother. you lost to monaco, we never lost to arsenal.

as for an easier group.....not our fault our sucess makes us a 2nd seed! :D

Dragon:

Wrong wrong and wrong again. We created more chances against Arsenal than you think. In Leoforos we nearly scored in the first minute. We had them under pressure for large segments of the game, a fact that Wenger with all his blindness commented on. At Highbury we actually pressured them again after 1-0 and we missed a penalty. So for you to say we only had 3 chances in two games shows you are either blind or you are stupid.

As for Oly vs Liverpool, you forget that Kewell scored a perfectly good goal in the last minute which inexplicably was given offside by the referee. But you never talk about that. So even when you win in Europe you do so with referees and being very lucky.

We will see how well you do at Anfield. I wonder what you will say then :LOL:

Dragon:

Wrong wrong and wrong again. We created more chances against Arsenal than you think. In Leoforos we nearly scored in the first minute. We had them under pressure for large segments of the game, a fact that Wenger with all his blindness commented on. At Highbury we actually pressured them again after 1-0 and we missed a penalty. So for you to say we only had 3 chances in two games shows you are either blind or you are stupid.

As for Oly vs Liverpool, you forget that Kewell scored a perfectly good goal in the last minute which inexplicably was given offside by the referee. But you never talk about that. So even when you win in Europe you do so with referees and being very lucky.

We will see how well you do at Anfield. I wonder what you will say then :LOL:

If you're saying that you've created more than 3 chances in the games between Arsenal and Pana, you've simply havent watched these games. Simple as that. Or do you name "chances" Basinas's shots from 40 yards from goal??

Kewell didn't score in that off-side incident (the ball went to the side-netting) and it wasn't at the last minute of the game. Sometimes I don't even know why I bother to reply to people who havent actually seen the games and just talk nonsense out of thin air...

In the other topic (War Topics for Osfp-Pao) in your forum, we had the topic closed. It was supposed to be there for all of us to solve all the differences, and suddenly Evergreen decides to lock it. If this is what you call democracy ok. But I didnt have the chance to reply. I had 10.000 people average crowds last year, because some silly judges decided I had to play several games in Liosia and Pyrgos (Not more than 5.000 capacity) as a punishment for the "horrible" behaviour of my fans in that humiliation of the Green-Government Protected-Team at Rizoupoli on the 11th of May, 2003. Also in the game against you I had several empty zones to protect the two crowds from starting riots in the stands. if you remember you hesitated to allow my fans to go into your ereipio which means you had a full house... Therefore this is how my average attendances fell below my standards.

You're trying to say so many things without backing up. No if you tell us that you have a stronger fan support from us, this will be my last post and I don't intend to continue debating about non-existing matters. Eleos!!!!! :angry:

Dragonfly, as i read your post, i couldnt help notice that you use first person.. e.g

"I had 10.000 people average crowds last year, because some silly judges decided I had to play several games in Liosia and Pyrgos (Not more than 5.000 capacity) as a punishment for the "horrible" behaviour of my fans in that humiliation of the Green-Government Protected-Team at Rizoupoli on the 11th of May, 2003. Also in the game against you I had several empty zones to protect the two crowds from starting riots in the stands. if you remember you hesitated to allow my fans to go into your ereipio which means you had a full house...

im jst curious why do you do that?? refer to your self as oly and us as pao??

For starters i need to point this out again for the thick headed ppl in this forum

Group A was picked as one of the 4 toughest groups and look at it

as tight as it can almost possibly be (besides the group real is in)

Second why are Pao fans already resorting to excuses and conceding this years Champions league campaign

i mean u guys are already saying that this year OSFP is better then Pao but last time i checked there is still 2 matchdays to play

I mean i am just hearing excuses that if it wasn't for Pao the Greek league will be the bottom of all leagues thats just a selfish act and a bullshit argument

the Greek league gives u a right to play in this tournament and u should honor that

Granted u guys have been strong in reprsenting the League but u shouldn't take it for granted.

If u guys think that your so good that your far ahead of the Greek league why do u have less Championships then Olympiakos

I mean if your so good go play in Italy in serie A not that far away oh yeah better yet go to the premiership

Lets go Olympiakos#1

Archived