Phantis Forums

January 2005 transfer period

Spears

Iraklis and Miecel have agreed to end their contract. It is widely reported that PAOK allready has agreed with the player for a 2.5 year deal.

There were reports that there was an interest from German 2nd Division team, but it is expected that PAE PAOK will very soon announce that Miecel is joining PAOK.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just announced. Marcin Mieciel has signed a 2.5 year contract with PAOK. he will start practices with the team on Monday.

Very good signing in my opinion. I expect now for PAOK end their interest in Gavrilopoulos from Ionikos.

I'm blown away that PAOK are sitting in 5th spot given the way their season has gone thus far. Incredible.

Mieciel should help with the scoring but I'm very curious to know who the hell is capable of feeding them the ball as it seems there is no one in the midfield to help.

It's official. Mieciel is signing his new contract tommorrow. It's for 3 years. His presence on offense will definitively help Salpiggis, but as Batigol mentions, we don't have anyone in midfield to feed them passes. The only talent in midfield we have is Vaggelis, but he is continuosly injured.

I keep reading vAGGELIS IS VERY DELICATE, GREAT ECHNIQUE ETC BUT I DONT THINK I'VE SEEN HIM MORE THAN 2-3 TIMES, AND HE DIDNT GET MUCH OF THE BALL THEN. iS HE REALLY THAT GOOD? hIS DESCRIPTUOIN (sorry about the cas! too blasted to rewrite though). makes hjimspund like tsartas. Let e know about him.

Theodoridis was good since his Aris dauys!! is he not playing well anymore??

Some shot onthat boy!! Like Fotakis. Barkoglou.

Vaggelis is good inmy opinion, but I am affraid he was not able to show it at PAOK mainly due to the various injuries in the past two seasons.

In other roster moves by PAOK, Giannitsanakis, who was on loan to Proodeftiki was told by PAOK officials to start looking for a new team, since PAE PAOK would like to end the contract with the player. I really don't understand this move. We have a shortage of offensive players, and we will get rid of him?

Additionaly it is very possivble that two other players that are on loans to other teams will be called back and will join the senior squad. The players in question are Kanakoudis and Makris.

Finally, last night I heard the Anastasiadis interview on Metrosport, and the Thankgod Amaefule name came up. What I heard later on was shocking. It appears that since he was released by PAOK, Panathinaikos somehow got the player's rights, and will loan him to Proodeftiki. (!!!!)

Here wehre we stand with the other Egyptian, Shikabala:

- Shikabala has signed a contract with PAOK

- He was under amateur status with his current team Zamalek in Egypt

- Because of his amateur status at Zamalek, PAOK could sign the prayer to a proffesional contract

- EPO has allready issued a temporary "deltio" to PAOK

- Zamalek can go through FIFA to get compensation from PAOK

- Shikabala is playing for Egypt in the Pan-African junior championship, and reports say that he is playing very well

- PAOK representative is in Benin, where the Pan-African championship is taking place, and will try to bring the player straight to Thessaloniki from there

- There is a big uproar among fans against Zamalek officials for losing the player

I merged the topic with this one. No reason to have many threads dealing with the same subject.

As for Moyano, he has been signed, but will not play for the senior squad. He willprobably start for the neaon team. PAOK is also trying get his status as "kinotikos" so he would not take a spot of aforeign player.

Egypt's U-21 team managed to qualify to the final of the Pan-African championships, which will take place on Sunday. Egypt plays Nigeria. Following the final game, Shikabala is expected to join PAOK. Reports from the Pan-african championship is that Shikabala is having a very good tournament. He was voted the MVP of the semifinal game.

Well Shikabala certainly sounds promising, though I don't want to base all of my judgement on one tournament.

I'm curious though....if PAOK signed him to a professional contract, and Zamalek already had this kid as an amateur, do PAOK really have to compensate them with anything?

Archived