Phantis Forums

January 2005 transfer period

Spears

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Tsiartas failed to reach an agreement with Cologne. According to reports he was asking for 600K Euro deal.

This means PAOK can still go for him ...

So PAOK has 600K to spend on a player who will play for just 6 months?

PAOK should look to spend more wisely if they have that money (which I doubt).

1 Tsiartas is not enought o save PAOK's season, PAOK need several players and above all and most importantly INSPIRATION.

I don't think the new coach poccesses that. He knows nothing about Greek football and it would have been much better for PAOK aquiring a Greek coach or atleast someone who understands the weight that PAOK carry.

First the 600K was for 1.5 seasons as quoted by Metrosport Radio.

I do agree that Tsiartas alone can't save the season, and I also think PAOK does not have the money to bring him to Toumba.

In the end I think PAOK will get few low cost players from Africa or Eastern Europe.

PAOK’s current bad performance is forcing the administration of the Thessalonica-based team to act now to reinforce the team. The targets have been located and are under observation. There has already been a trip to South America, while on Monday there is another trip to a central European country for the head coach of the team, Giorgos Kostikos.

This has been planned so that he can see and watch players in a match between national under 21 teams. He is expected to return by Wednesday, while it has been agreed both by coach and by administration, that the search for players will continue until 10 December.

By that date, the list will be compiled and those in charge will try to acquire the players, according to what their finances allow.

Good news ey??

Sure it's good news. But would you have expected any different from the admin? I think they are in damage control right now and they are doing all the right things to project themselves as having some idea of control or a plan there.

In Spor tou Vorra today they have PAOK scouting a whole bunch of players.

- Cabanas (sp?) ..that dude from Swiss team Grasshoppers that Ziaka mentioned a long time ago.

- Three different Bulgarians--Barnasouzar, Metousev, and Tselikov. (sp?)

- The Australian kid Colossimo.

- and a 19 year old Argentinian phenom. (yeah right, if he's such a phenom how could PAOK afford him?)

- and then there are all the other players that many of you have mentioned currently playing in Greece.

As far as I'm concerned, they can scout and say they're going to sign Tom, Dick, and Harry, in the end, the money isn't there.

I hope they make some good signings and changes but I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I'm not holding my breath.

I agree with everything Batigol said. If you're serious about going after players, you're not going to let the news out to the public. Specially, when the trading season does not start until January. As Batigol said, the team is in damage control mode.

Let's recap and see what players have been linked with PAOK in recent weeks.

Vryzas - to be loaned from Celta Vigo

Sikabala - from Egypt

Gekas - Chalkydona

Ebede - Chalkydona

Enderson - Chalkydona

Antzas - Doxa Drama/Olympiakos

Barnasuzar - Bulgaria

Metusev - Bulgaria

Tzeliskov - Bulgaria

Cabanas - Grasshopers Zurich

Kolosima - Australia

Unnamed Czech player

Sukalo - Slovenia/Koln

Loukas Moyano - 19 year old who's trying out with PAOK Neon team

Tsiartas

Petrinho - Brazil

Eleftheropoulos -Messina

Nebegleras - Iraklis

Those are the ones that I could remember.

Ziaka, you forgot the Egyptians!!!!!!! Now they are the force to be reckoned with.

That is one hell of a line-up. They just changed their team over completely with all of these possibilities. HA! PAOK will be lucky if they can get 2 or 3 players in January, much less any of the guys listed above.

I was listening to Xtra Spor last night, and there was a report that PAOK has been swamped by various managers with lists of players that they could bring to PAOK. At one point the reporter said that PAOK officials have a list of over 65 players at their disposal of available players. And all the players names are paraded in the press every day. Each day there is another set of players that are linked to PAOK.

This whole situation only proves that the people running the team are amateurs. As Batigol notes, don't expect many signings in January. I would expect 2, maximum 3 players, and probably they will be players not on the above list. The fact that all those names are floating around only make things worse for the current players. All these reports do is allienating the players, since all they hear these days is that most of them will be history. How do you expect those players to come out and play with passion in the games. Now wonder we keep losing one game after another.

Koutsis plays at PAOK. He plays midfield. His contract expires in December 2004. He is 31 years old. He has been linked in the past 5 months with AEK, PAO and Brescia. Reports are that he has agreed with AEK and will transfer to that team in January. He was one of the very few PAOK players that refused to renegotiate his contract this past summer. His play for PAOK this season has sucked big time, despite the fact that he is one of the captains on the team.

The people at P.A.O.K. need to figure out what direction they want to go. IMO this year is already shot, why not start rebuilding. First find a coach that you feel confident can turn this team around in 2 to 3 years and of course stick around for the long haul. Let him mold the players on the current roster and young ones from the second team through the next couple of years and when ready bring in a couple of class players. I understand that for any of the above to happen you need to straighten out the PAE. I'm assuming this will happen sooner or later. My suggestion for a coach, Savevski. Sign him and lock him up for at least 5 years.

The people at P.A.O.K. need to figure out what direction they want to go. IMO this year is already shot, why not start rebuilding. First find a coach that you feel confident can turn this team around in 2 to 3 years and of course stick around for the long haul. Let him mold the players on the current roster and young ones from the second team through the next couple of years and when ready bring in a couple of class players. I understand that for any of the above to happen you need to straighten out the PAE. I'm assuming this will happen sooner or later. My suggestion for a coach, Savevski. Sign him and lock him up for at least 5 years.

I agree Mitso. PAOK have to understand that this is not the year to get too ambitious about salvaging the season. They need to prepare for the future.

But I'd have to disagree about Savevski. He was a great player in his day, but I think there are two reasons (that I can think of at least) why it wouldn't work.

1) He has no real affiliation with the club. His heart and soul are with AEK. I don't know if the fans could identify with him.

2) His coaching credentials are somewhat lacking I believe. I remember when he took over at AEK a few years back, it didn't go very well at all. Mind you, I believe he was partnered with Egan Gerard as well so who knows. I'm not too sure what he's done since.

Tsiartas apparently is close to agreeing with 1. FC Koln, the 2nd division team in Germany. He will supposedly sign a 6-month contract with the team. Any dream that PAOK had of acquiring Tsiartas are gone.

Ziaka, are you really surprised at all? PAOK and Tsiartas's reps had talked about meeting a few weeks back and nothing came of it. I figured if something were to happen between them, it should have happened by now. I wish they had picked him up too.

• 2 weeks later...

Rumors are that PAOK official are talking with Panathinaikos about a possible transfer deal, where PAOK would send Udese to Panathinaikos in return for Epale and Debah. Udese's contract with PAOK expires in June 2005.

I'd say no to such a deal.

Incidently Udese will most likely receive a 5,000 Euro punishment from PAE PAOK for coming back late from a game with his native Nigerian NT, and lying about it to PAOK officials.

There seems to be movement within PAE PAOK to go ahead with signing new players. According to reports PAOK fficials have around 800,000 Euro to spend on transfers.

According to some reports, the Romanian player Marian Aliouta is Thessaloniki negotiating with PAOK officials. he will supposedly also attend the PAOK - AEK game. The 26-year old currently plays for Rapid Bukurest. In the past he also played for steaua Bukurest and Ukrainian team Shaktor Donetsk. He also played three games for the Romanian national team.

It is also reported that PAOk officials are also close to completing the signings of two young Egyptian players from the team Zamalek. The players in question are 19-year old Sikabala, and 21-year old Azmi Megahad.

With all these foreign based players possibly coming to PAOK, the team needs to release some of their current foreign based players. They allready relesed Amaefule, and accordingto reports Ebenezer Hagan is next to go. Hagan has allready been linked to signing with Panserraikos if he is released by PAOK.

Archived