Phantis Forums

January 2005 transfer period

Spears

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumors are that PAOK official are talking with Panathinaikos about a possible transfer deal, where PAOK would send Udese to Panathinaikos in return for Epale and Debah. Udese's contract with PAOK expires in June 2005.

I'd say no to such a deal.

Incidently Udese will most likely receive a 5,000 Euro punishment from PAE PAOK for coming back late from a game with his native Nigerian NT, and lying about it to PAOK officials.

correct me if im wrong but Udese is a left defender?? if so then he will be sweet for Pao!!, takwe dembah and epalle :P they will do u guys good ;)

Don't want those two has beens on my team. I'd rather have two youngsters from the neon team be called up instead of those players. As for Udese, PAO can wait until the summer to get him for free. Until then he is a player of PAOK and should honor his contract.

The latest transfer rumors at PAOK are:

- Aliuta has decided to sign with Dynamo Moscow. They are willing to pay 500K Euro to Rapid Bukurest for his services. PAOK can only dream about spending so much mony on a single player.

- Sikabala and Megahed are probably not coming to PAOK. Zamalek coach is not willing to part with Sikabala. Zamalek owner told PAOK that Megahed could be yours, but his price just went up to 200K from the previously quoted 175K.

- Another Argentinian is coming to Toumba for a tryout. The player in question is 24-year Juan Manuel Arostegi, who played for Boca Juniors in 2000, but since has been playing in some Malaysian and Mexican teams.

Ifeani Udese and PAE PAOK suprisingly signed a new contract, which extends the player's contract with the team until 30/06/2007. Rumors are the deal is worth 800K for the two seasons (2005-06 and 2006-07).

Very good move by the front office in my opinion. Hopefully they put in some stipulations in his new contract concerning his travels to Nigeria for the NT games.

In other transfer news, PAOK made an official offer to Zamalek for Sikabala and Megahed worth 400K for both. Zamalek was asking for 525K.

Today the senior team plays a friendly with the neon team in order to try out the Argentinian Arostegi, but first report say that PAOK people are not impressed with the player.

Additionaly, Kerkyra is about to release Nalitzis. My hope is that PAOK will make a move for him. He could help the offensive lineup in my opinion.

I would agree. He has good experience and he's well liked by the fans of PAOK. Plus, he might come to us on the cheap.

The signing of Udese is a huge surprise for me. I really thought he was on his way out in January and on his way to PAO. Who wouldv'e thought eh?

I could understand this move, but then I read that we got Zografakis only on loan basis until 2007. Once the final signatures are put down on paper between PAOK and Xanthi, PAOk will pay Xanthi 200,000 Euro. If the player stays at PAOK until 2007, then we owe Xanthi another 150,000 Euro.

This is some kind of weaird arrangement if you ask me. That's a lot of money for a player that has only played in one game so far this season.

In other transfer news, Koutsis will be set free. The team will most likely not renew his contract, which expires at the end of December. Another name being thrown around is Ibrahim Bakayoko from Osasuna.

Some clarifications on the Zografakis issue. basically he came to PAOK on loan basis until 2007. For PAOK to use the player between January 1, 2005 until 2007 we will have to pay Xanthi 200,000 Euro in three installments (Februarya, July and october 2005). If PAOK wants to keep the player after 2007, they will have to pay xanthi an additional 150,000 Euro. If that happens he will be propertuy of PAOK until 2009. Also it is rumored that the player will be payed around 120,000 Euro in salary per season.

Forget Nalitzis coming back to PAOK. He is said to be signing with Panionios in January.

Also there are reports that PAE PAOK has called up Vokolos and Markos and asked them to terminate their contracts with the team. The contracts of both players end in June 2005, and they are payed 130K and 150K Euro per season respectively.

Additionaly Koutis can be considered history with the team as well. he himself came out in the press saying that soon we will find out his next team.

Looks like the cleanup has begun, and Goumenos is slowly moving to remove the "Anastasiadis" players from the team.

Nothing suprises me about PAOK anymore but news just in is to shake PAOK's very foundations again!!!

Goumenos and Kostikos decided to sack the following players:

Elias Atmatzidis

Dimitris Markos

Leonidas Vokolos

Dimitris Zavadias

Ebenezer Hagan

You can add to those Yiorgos Koutsis.

In addition to those Rolf Fringer has sidelined PAOK's Cypriots:

Yasemakis, Garpozis, Engomitis and Louka.

Whilst on the transfer front PAOK is sniffing around a couple Egyptians who play for the U21 and Olympic national teams named Sikabala and Megahed and is also sniffing around Bakayoko the Former Marseille, Everton and currently Real Ossasuna who play in the Spanish 2nd division.

The front office is using the Anastasiadis incident from last week to clean up house. There was a meeting yesterday between Goumenos, Kostikos and Fringer, and it appears that it was decided to go with the cleanup.

As Evergreen points out, those players can be considered history. They have allready asked Vokolos and Markos to terminate their contracts. Koutsis is gone since they don't have any intentions in offering him an extension. This was confirmed by Pagonis few hours ago. Atmatsidis, Zavantias and Hagan will be asked to terminate their contracts next, since there is no future for them on the team according to the coaches. The future of the Cypriot players is still unclear, but they most likely be also asked to leave the team as well.

Now the problem is who will replace these players?

So far the team has acquired the following players:

- Dimitris Zografakis on loan from Xanthi

- Lucas Mollano, the 19-year old Argentianian

Also the team is looking at the two Egyptians. PAOK's offer for the two players was rejected by zamalek owner, but Goumenos is trying make a better offer for the players.

It is also reported that PAOK will goa ahead and bring back some of the young players that have been loaned to other teams during summer.

Even though on paper they are still part of the team, Vokolos and Markos are not going to be allowed at the team practices.

Atmatsidis and Koutsis have been called up to the team offices tommorrow, where they will be told that they are no longer needed on the team.

The administration of PAOK Football Club asked for the employment of Dimitris Markos and Leonidas Vokolos to be terminated as part of the renewal of the team taking place in Thessalonica.. Along with this move, the people at the Northern Greek club are trying to keep their distance from the initiative taken over the last few days by the former coach of PAOK, Angelos Anastasiadis, with the payment of 20,000 euros to the footballers, without informing the administration, through the team captain, Leonidas Vokolos.

As for our new signing Zografakis, he was injured inhis first practice with the team, when he collided with Andralas. He will be out for 15 days and the hope is that he will be ready when he is elligible to play for PAOK, which is on January 1, 2005. There is however a fear that he damaged his meniscus and it will take an MRI to find out if there is additional damage.

Wonderful news...just wonderful.

Well if he ends up getting an MRI then we won't actually see PAOK's "first winter signing" until the end of the season at best. Man, it has been that sort of year hasn't it?

As far as the termination of these contracts, these players shouldn't at all be suprised. In fact, I'm a bit surprised they waited this long to do all of it. Having said that, I'm encouraged that they are going to bring up players from the Neon team and give them a chance. I'd also like to see Fernandez get a chance in goal.

Shame about Nalitzis though. He would have helped out a lot.

Batigol, I have to agree that they should have either done this at the beggining of the season or waited until the end of the season. I don't know what this major cleanup will do to the team for the rest of this current season. Hope it does not backfire. It will be an interesting 6 months.

I really thought they would go for Nalitzis, but perhaps they have something else up their sleeve. There is a rumor that Goumenos will approach Gegkas from Kallithea.

According to Ethnospor, Goumenos offered Gegkas 3.5 year contract. The sum was not disclosed, but accrding to the site Gegkas was quoted as saying that this was the best offer he has received so far. Hope there is some truth to this and just more hot air.

PAOK offered Gegkas 700,000 Euro for 3.5 year contract. Gegkas came out saying that this is the best offer he has received so far, but he turned it down, claiming that he is still waiting for Eintrach Frankfurt offer. If the Eintracht offer is negative, he will remain at Kallithea until the end of the season.

Although I would love to see him in a PAOK uniform partnered up with Salpiggidis up front, I can't really blame him for holding out to get a contract from a foreign team.

I'm very curious to see what sort of team (line-up) will be available to Fringer in this next match.

Archived