Phantis Forums

January 2005 transfer period

Spears

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently PAOK is very close to signing the two Egyptian players. The players representative and the Zamalek vice-president are in Thessloniki to iron out the latest details before they sign 4-year contracts. The two players will cost PAOK around 650,000 Euro.

The latest on Egyptian players is that the Zamalek team representative has reached a provisional agreement with PAOK to sell the two players during his trip to Thessaloniki. This move will cost PAOK around 650,000 Euro. The final contracts will be signed in early january, when the players and their agent come to thessaloniki to conclude the deal

At the same time the Zamalek owner Dr. Darnui has been quoted on Thessaloniki radio that he has not agreed to any deals, saying that he is seekeng 700,000 Euro for both players.

PAE PAOK however must me very confident, since they made an announcement on their web site concerning the deal.

What will PAOK get?

Amir Azmi Megahed (21 years old), defender, who is an Egyptian international.

Mahmoud Abdel Razek "Shikabala" (19 years old), offensive player and a member of the Egyptian U-21 national team

If the deal goes through, both players will sign a 4-year deal with PAOK.

In transfer news, PAOK is supposedly close to signing the romanian midfielder Aliouta. Apparently PAOK has reached an agreement with the player for a 2.5 year contract worth 170K Euro per season. The only obstacle is that his current team Rapid Bukurest are asking for 300K Euro in order to release him. PAOK is not willing to pay that much money.

Looks like Koutsis will not go away easily. Despite the fact that his contract with PAOK ends on December 31, 2004, and the fact that PAOK told him they don't want him on the team anymore, he is threatening the team with court action if he is not paid 300,000 Euro. Koutsis claims that PAOK owes him this money.

Here is the story from Sportnet.ger:

Amir Azmi Mohamed Megahead is officially a PAOK player. he signed a 4-year contract in Cairo with PAOk officials, and is expected to come to Thessaloniki this Sunday. To get Megahead, PAOk paid 150,000 Euro to his old team Zamalek. Also, if PAOk sells megahead to another team, zamalek will receive 25% of the selling price.

As for the other Egyptian player, Sikabala, Zamalek owner Dr. Darui says that they need the player, and he can only leave the team in the Summer. PAOK officials however claim that he will be signed soon, and will join PAOK after he finishes his duties with the Egyptian junior NT in the African Championship in late January.

PAOK made inquiries to ionikos about Gavrilopoulos, but Ionikos owner made an announcement that the player is not for sale.

Tommorrow it is expected that Iraklis will make a decision about Miecel. It is expected that Iraklis will release the player from his contract. If that happens, PAOK will make an offer to Miecel. Rumors in Thessaloniki are that PAOK and Iraklis have allready agreed on Miecel, with PAOK aquiring the player by assuming his full salary.

hi guys,

i hav been reading ur forums 4 a bout a year now. i am 13 and my nikname is 'lil paoktzi' i no alot about paok( cos i am a massive fan) and i hav a few questions:

- Where is Koudas now and wot is he doing?

- Where can i find some info on the 19 argentinian dat we are getting?

- Does NE1 think that the 19 year old egyptian will play in the first team?

- How old is miecel and why do we need him?

Hello PAOK_001 and welcome to the forums.

To answer your questions.

- Don't know exactly what Koudas is doing these days. All I know that he sometimes comes on Thessaloniki radio stations and talks about PAOK, like he did the other day. I know in the past he was involved with PAOK's front office, but that is no longer the case.

- As for the young argentinian Lucas Moyano, I can't find much info myself. All I know is that he will probably play for the PAOK's youth team in the beginning.

- By the 19-year old Egyptian I assume you mean Shikabala. We did not sign him yet, and I see difficulties in signing him. We only got Megahead, who i think will play for the first team. If we manage to egt Shikabala, I think he will join the first team as well.

- Miecel is 29 years old and he is a very good offensive threat. he has proven that during his stay at Iraklis. I think we need him in order to provide help for Salpiggidis on the front line. Presently Salpiggidis does all the work on offense without any real help from other offensive players.

i think that it is interesting that eppale's contract has been terminated by PAO,

now as i dont know much about eppalle im not sure that this is good news or not for paok, would somebody plz give me some info on him and if u think that PAOK will make an offer 4 him(and pluss,do we have less then 5 foregein players)

I also think that if he is over 30 and unless he is very special we shouldnt get him bcos lately the coach has been clearing out all the old players and we should be buying young talent.

also, look what i saw on the net:

23 December 2004

19 year old Argentine phenom, Lucas Moyano became Logosport's first signing with the celebrated Greek team Paok of Thessalonika. Lucas Moyano is a phenomenally talented 19 year old attacking midfielder who has unbelievable skills ala Maradona. He is 1.87 cm. and can score at will. He is definetely going to be a sensation at Paok.

is this true cos if it is, good signing PAOK! :tup:

has NEbody seen Moyano play?

I hope they are right about Moyano, but signing young players like that can be a big gamble. Hope it works out for PAOK.

As for Epalle, I don't he is the type of player we need. The supposed Udese for Epalle/Debah transfer was probably just a move by PAOK to get something for Udese who only had 6 months left on his contract. Once Udese renewed his contract with PAOK, that tranfer option was thrown out the window by PAOK officials.

news just in that simon collosimo has been signed for Perth Glory in Australia for the new A-Leuge.

I knew that PAOK was scouting him and i thought he would have been great, NEwayz.

Paok probably could have signed him and given him a better contaract and a chance in the CL(maybe).

He was given a 250 000 dollar a year contract.

Supposedly we are very close to signing Gavrilopoulos from Ionikos. The player met with Goumenos last night and agreed on a contract. The only thing remaining is for Ionikos to release the player. PAOK will pay Ionikos 200,000 Euro for his release.

Archived