Phantis Forums

January 2005 transfer period

Spears

After the great start to the season Paok has had!!!

Missing out on tyhe4 champions league not winning one european game and beuign out of euroep already, losing all that money. The fans definetly need a lift guys.

Who do u think PAOK will sign in the January transfer period??

We must be smart and sign good players to lift the team and the supporters and be also economically viable for the club!!

Edebe woudl be great for the gk post!!

Tsartas would be great to give the creative link tot the midfield!!!

Cm we need a player hear to leave hes lungs on the field??? Debelgeras??

CF desperately need a striker young quality and able to tuk them away.. someone ala salpigids??

PLAYERS that should be given a free clearance

Touchoroglou to old and not stable waste of money

MARKOS to old and waste of money

Maladenis not shonw any good form and not leading by his expericne was of space

Zavantias has played a hand full of games in so many season wate of a player.

give a young guy a go with promise.

Karadimos has nothign left to offer PAOK in my eyes watse of money!!

Engomitis waste of a player and money.. getting old now

Hagan waste of a no eu spot waste of money again!!

Spasic been in jured all year getting old and slwo now with tsartas dont need him either

Amafaoule waste of a non eu spot crap and waste of money.

Dats nine players guys we have to many of our roster and have all contributed nothing this season. Thier wage bill togther would be a bit as well.

Cant we make wise transfers for once instead of always bringign in average crap players!!

Thoughts??

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spears, great topic.

Considering there are indications that PAOK might be making some moves during the next transfer period, which is in January 2005, I decided to pin your topic, so we can discuss the issue in the upcoming months. I also changed the title of the thread. Hope you don't mind.

Here is also the current PAOK player roster. We can also comment on the current players, including the option of releasing some of those players as Spears has allready done in his post above.

GOALTENDERS:

ATMATSIDIS, Ilias (35 years old)

FERNANDEZ, Daniel Marcio (21)

KYRIAKIDIS, Dimitrios (18)

TOCHOROGLOU, Kyriakos (32)

DEFENDERS:

ANDRALAS, Paraskevas (25)

FEUTCHINE, Guy Armando (28)

HASIOTIS, Dionisis (29)

KARYPIDIS, Christos (21)

KOUTSIS, Georgios (31)

KOUTSOUPOULOS, Evangelos (24)

MARKOS, Dimitrios (33)

UDESE, Ifeanyi (24)

VOKOLOS, Leonidas (34)

MIDFIELDERS:

CHRISTODOULOPOULOS, Lazaros (17)

EKGOMITIS, Panagiotis (32)

GARPOZIS, Alexis (24)

HAGAN, Ebenezer (29)

KARADIMOS, Loukas (30)

LOUKA, Liasis (24)

MALADENIS, Christos (30)

THEODORIDIS, Georgios (24)

VAGGELIS, Lambros (22)

ZAVANTIAS, Dimitrios (28)

ZISOPOULOS, Georgios (19)

OFFENDERS:

AMAEFULE, Thankgod (19)

GIASOUMIS, Giasoumis (29)

SALPIGGIDIS, Dimitrios (23)

SKARMOUTSOS, Nikolaos (28)

SPASIC, Sladjan (31)

VANGELI, Pavli (20)

PAOK PLAYERS LOANED TO OTHER TEAMS:

ANDRIOPOULOS, Kostas (20)

BALODIMOS, Christos (20)

ELEFTHERIADIS, Ilias (20)

GIANNITSANAKIS, Michalis (24)

KISKABANIS, Fotis (22)

KONTEON, Petros (20)

MAKRIS, Georgios 20)

According to Greek press reports, which we know can't always be trusted, PAOK is looking into acquiring the following players:

Tsiartas - PAOK officials are supposedly willing to talk to Tsiartas about coming to PAOK, but the player reportedly is demanding 1 million Euro for 1.5 season contract. On top of that he expects 400K Euro payment up front.

Ebede - the Chalkydona goalkeeper, whose contract expires in march 2005.

Nebegleras - the midfielder, who failed to extend his contract with Iraklis. Allegedly AEK has also interested inthe player.

Raguel - the PAO player, who also recently played for Panionios. PAOK will pursue him only if he is released from his contract by PAO.

Gekas - the Kallithea forward, whose contract expires in June 2005.

Here are my views:

GOALTENDERS:

ATMATSIDIS, Ilias (35 years old) - release him, following the game with Aris, he should have resigned by himself

FERNANDEZ, Daniel Marcio (21) - needs to be given a chance

KYRIAKIDIS, Dimitrios (18) - don't know anythig about him

TOCHOROGLOU, Kyriakos (32) - should go as well.

Hopefully we can get a decent goalie, such as Ebede, and have the youngster Fernandez as backup. Another goalie we could try getting is Bucek from Olympiakos, who I believe will not get any playing time there.

DEFENDERS:

ANDRALAS, Paraskevas (25) - keep him

FEUTCHINE, Guy Armando (28) - keep him

HASIOTIS, Dionisis (29) - keep him

KARYPIDIS, Christos (21) - good prospect, definitively keep him

KOUTSIS, Georgios (31) - supposedly has allready talked to AEK, goodbye

KOUTSOUPOULOS, Evangelos (24) - keep him

MARKOS, Dimitrios (33) - too old, time to retire

UDESE, Ifeanyi (24) - definitvely keep him, but reports are PAOK will try to sell him before his contract expires. Asking price: 500K Euro

VOKOLOS, Leonidas (34) - let him finish the season, and then goodbye

Definitively need to keep Udese. He should be the building block of our defense along with the promising Karypidis. We might need to acquire one or two proven defenders.

MIDFIELDERS:

CHRISTODOULOPOULOS, Lazaros (17) - don't know anything about him

EKGOMITIS, Panagiotis (32) - time to hang them up. Too old/too many injuries.

GARPOZIS, Alexis (24) - give him a chance to prove himself

HAGAN, Ebenezer (29) - release him

KARADIMOS, Loukas (30) - release him

LOUKA, Liasis (24) - same as Garpozis

MALADENIS, Christos (30) - keep him for now

THEODORIDIS, Georgios (24) - keep him

VAGGELIS, Lambros (22) - good prospect, but needs to improve, keep him

ZAVANTIAS, Dimitrios (28) - missed almost a season due to injuries, keep him

ZISOPOULOS, Georgios (19) - good prospect, keep him

The addition of Tsiartas would be of great help.

OFFENDERS:

AMAEFULE, Thankgod (19) - suprised he still on the team

GIASOUMIS, Giasoumis (29) - needs to go

SALPIGGIDIS, Dimitrios (23) - franchise player, definitively needs to stay

SKARMOUTSOS, Nikolaos (28) - keep him for the bench

SPASIC, Sladjan (31) - same as Skarmoutsos

VANGELI, Pavli (20) - don't know anything about the players

We definitively need some help on offense. Getting Gekas would be good, but I think we need more than that.

PAOK PLAYERS LOANED TO OTHER TEAMS:

ANDRIOPOULOS, Kostas (20)

BALODIMOS, Christos (20)

ELEFTHERIADIS, Ilias (20)

GIANNITSANAKIS, Michalis (24)

KISKABANIS, Fotis (22)

KONTEON, Petros (20)

MAKRIS, Georgios (20)

All the loaned players should be called back, and should be slowly given a chance to prove themselves.

What we need where??

Why from reports am i under the impression Andralas is a dm??? can someone confrim his position??

Starting Line up ( Where we are covered and were we lack) to conmpete with PAO AND OLYMPIAKOS because for god sakes wats da point of being in da comp if were not going their to win it!!!

SALPIGIDS CF

------------- CF New signing January a palyer from Argentina, could we sign one of the kapetanos brother form iraklis cos kosta doesnt play much and has a bright future???

FEUTSINI RM I be live he can do the job this season, anyone else

TSARTAS AM He is a must signing in January

DEBEGLERAS CM I Think he would be a good signing

VAGGELIS/UDEZE LM At the olympics in 2000 Udeze played LM for nigeria and

played ver well thinks he is to qucik and wasted at stopper.

KOUTSOPOULOS LB What u think can he do the job

HASIOTIS CB CAPABLE OF DOING THE JOB

----------- CB Vokolos is to old can zisopoulso do the job!!

KARAPUDIS RB Has played well the last two games hasnt he??

EDEBE GK think he would be good here.

From this i belive we need CF, CB and 5 young players all over...

BECNH

Theodoris, Andralas, Giasemakis, Skarmotusos, Garpozis, Louka, Zisopoulos, Fernandez,Vokolos, Christodopoulos, Maladenis, Fernandez. can all be good back up players.

THE REST MUST LEAVE!!!

1)assuming we sign Debelegras Tsartas mid duo, Edebe Gk

who could we sign up front and at CB ideas?? ofcorse their are a lot of players overseas that we dont know about dat are cheap?? what about the guy fro mthe IRAQI under 23 team that we went to sign at the start of the season??

2) Simon Colosimo great player playingin malayasisa Australian internation can play anywhere in mid or defence would can any tiem and would be cheap has italian passport...

is it dat hard to sign good players god dam it??

KONSTANTINOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PAO is being reported as to piss him off at the end of the season, why dotn we cut a deal and if they sign a big argie striker we can get him!!

IMAGINE GUYS SALPIGIDIS AND KONSTANTINOY up front now thats more like it with tsartas giving them through balls!!

ALSO WHY cant we sign Dabizas as a CB wats he doin at Leciester is he doing well their enjoyuing his time what????

Why from reports am i under the impression Andralas is a dm??? can someone confrim his position??

At Proodeftiki last season Andrala played on defense, however Fringer has been trying him at midfield in the last few games.

As for Konstantinou, he will demand a lot of money, which we don't have. Dabizas in my opinion is too old, and we allready have Vokolos in the same age bracket.

It will be hard to make many moves. Don't forget that most of the players we as fans want to leave have contracts that don't expire very soon. They will have to be compensated if they are released from thei contracts, and I don't think PAE PAOK has money to that that, let alone to sign expensive players.

Although I agree with many of your calls Ziaka, I can't agree with the one about Bucek from Olympiakos. I remember seeing him early on last year and he had a bad case of the butterfingers. In EVERY GAME. I think there is a very good reason why he's not playing right now. I'm not sure he would help PAOK's situation.

Last night there was a meeting between the PAE PAOK officials with the coaching staff in order to plan for the upcoming transfer period. According to press reports it was decided that the team will try to sign up to 6 players in January. Two of the players are said to be experienced and well known.

High on the list of players is said to be the Chalkydona goalkeeper Ebede.

PAOK officials failed to meet with Tsiartas on Saturday despite the fact that Tsiartas was in Thessaloniki for other bussines.

Caution: The above are press reports, which might or might not be true.

Man, things are just depressing for PAOK these days....

Are we going to sign anyone good any time soon? I'm not even sure if that would help...

In the meantime PAOk representatives travelled to Brazil to see some prospects that PAOK might be interested in. Additionaly Gerogios Kostikos, fringer's assistant coach is in Egypt trying to observe players there.

Here is a report from Metrosport.gr:

http://www.metrosport.gr/modules.php?name=FirstPageNews&func=viewcurrent&varid=17465'>

Those names are blasts from the past eh?

I wonder where some of these guys are? That should be a new posting!!

Sambri? Last I remember he was playing in Portugal (I think) Isn't that where he was transfered?

Joe Nagbe!! HA! From an Arsenal prospect to PAOK drop off. Where is he now?

As far as the January transfers go; I'm not holding my breath. They can go from here to Timbuktu...the real serious changes need to come from within as well.

Archived