Phantis Forums

Besiktas Thread

Whilst trying ro get rid off their ineligible foreigners Juanfran and Ronaldo, Besiktasdecided to cash in on their biggest hope for next season. Powerful striker John Carew has departed from Istanbul for Lyon to discuss terms with French title holders Olympique Lyonnais. Lyon tabled a €7.6M bid for the Philippine-born Norwegian striker and financially-troubled Besiktas accepted the offer. According to NTV, Carew will sign a three-year contract with the French club on Tuesday worth €1.8M a year (€200k more than his Besiktas yearly wage).

Another dull news about Besiktas is that in terms of professionally-contracted players, Besiktas leads all Europe at the moment and took this deserved :LOL: lead from Inter by including a total number of 47 players by the end of June 21, 2005.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fatih Sonkaya is at Porto

Football player Fatih Sonkaya of Beşiktaş transferred to F.C. Porto in Portugal.

Beşiktaş: 7 - Schwaz: 0

Beşiktaş Football Team won a 7-0 commanding victory over Schwaz, one of the 3rd league teams in Austria, in its first preparatory game played in the camp abroad.

Beşiktaş was noticed with the goals it scored and the ambition it had against its weak opponent in the game which was basically played at the opponent’s goal post area. The goals of the Black & White team were scored by Sergen Yalçın in 9th and 20th minutes, by Ahmet Dursun in 11th minute, by Gökhan Zan in 23rd minute, by Ali Tandoğan in 34th and 53rd minutes, and by Veysel Cihan in 55th minute.

COLA TURKA IS THE NEW SPONSOR

Beşiktaş President Yıldırım Demiroren signed a 5-year sponsorship and drink sponsorship deal with Cola Turca, one of Ulker Group’s brands, for USD 21 millions.

Metin Yurdag, a member of the advisory board of Ulker Group, attended the meeting, which was held in Ümraniye BJK Nezat Demir Facilities, as the representative of the Group. President Yıldırım Demiroren said the following in his speech: “I would like to thank Turkcell Group. We received a great offer from Cola Turca and we discussed the matter with Turkcell. Being a constant supporter of Turkish sport, they also took into consideration interests of our Club and we cancelled the agreement with mutual consent. Ali Doğan, one of the former ministers, has contributed a lot for closure of the current deal. I would like to thank to him also. Content of the deal is sponsorship and drink sponsorship agreement. It has been signed as a 5 year deal in return for USD 21 million. I wish that it will have good consequences for our group and Ülker Group.”

Whereas Metin Yurdagül who spoke on behalf of Ulker group said “We are very happy to have concluded this deal with Beşiktaş Club and we thank to Beşiktaş Administration for that. We think of this agreement as an activity sponsorship. We are implementing this idea with Beşiktaş within the framework of Cola Turca. I wish that this deal will be good for both Beşiktaş and Ülker Group.”

Sonkaya was seen as an ace when at Roda but his BJK stint is nothing short of horrible. He played 10 games entire season and as a right-back commited three penalties, two of them handballs. He also showed no signs of attacking flair but he looks strong in defence. He's a bit overweight for a right-back by the way.

Fatih was a personal demand from our new coach Co Adriaanse. God only knows why. I would stick with Giourkas but Dynamos offer (10 million) was good. I mean, we have no other natural right back other than Sonkaya. And if our turkish friends dont rate him that high what can I say? We can only pray that Kromkamp signs with us.

Thanks for the answers people.

Fatih was a personal demand from our new coach Co Adriaanse. God only knows why.

ultra, do not be that much pessimistic. perhaps he could not adapt himself to the lifestyle in our country. he had a few statements he wished he didn't leave Holland because other than BJK, some other big Dutch teams like Heerenveen and Feyenoord were also interested in him but he chose BJK and it turned out to be a bad move for both parties. maybe Co knows him from his Holland days. Anyway, I wish him well and hope he can gain a first-team spot at Dragao.

Ailton bombası

Yabancı transferinde bir turlu istedigi sonucu alamayan Besiktas bombayı bu sefer patlatıyor. Siyah-beyazlı takımın Schalke 04'un Brezilyalı futbolcusu Ailton ile el sıkıştığı ogrenildi. Brezilyalı futbolcunun transferini Asbaskan ve Futbol Sube Sorumlusu Kıvanc Oktay'ın gizlice yuruttugu bir operasyon ile bitirme asamasına geldigi kaydedildi. Yonetimin bu transferi bugun resmen aciklamasi bekleniyor. 32 yasindaki forvet gectigimiz sezon Werder Bremen'den Schalke 04'e transfer olmustu. Bundesliga'da oynadıgı (W.Bremen ve Schalke formasıyla) 169 macta 88 gol kaydetti. Gectigimiz sezon Schalke 04 formasıyla ligde 14 gol attı. Kartal, Ailton'nun yedegi olarak Pandiani'yi tutuyor. Besiktas 29 yasindaki Uruguaylı oyuncu ile de on anlasma yapti.

Besiktas unveiling the signing of Ailton today????? that will be something huge!!! :o

Ailton bombası

Yabancı transferinde bir turlu istedigi sonucu alamayan Besiktas bombayı bu sefer patlatıyor. Siyah-beyazlı takımın Schalke 04'un Brezilyalı futbolcusu Ailton ile el sıkıştığı ogrenildi. Brezilyalı futbolcunun transferini Asbaskan ve Futbol Sube Sorumlusu Kıvanc Oktay'ın gizlice yuruttugu bir operasyon ile bitirme asamasına geldigi kaydedildi. Yonetimin bu transferi bugun resmen aciklamasi bekleniyor. 32 yasindaki forvet gectigimiz sezon Werder Bremen'den Schalke 04'e transfer olmustu. Bundesliga'da oynadıgı (W.Bremen ve Schalke formasıyla) 169 macta 88 gol kaydetti. Gectigimiz sezon Schalke 04 formasıyla ligde 14 gol attı. Kartal, Ailton'nun yedegi olarak Pandiani'yi tutuyor. Besiktas 29 yasindaki Uruguaylı oyuncu ile de on anlasma yapti.

Besiktas unveiling the signing of Ailton today????? that will be something huge!!! :o

:LOL: My God! Benshita was trying to sign this guy.

ultra, do not be that much pessimistic. perhaps he could not adapt himself to the lifestyle in our country. he had a few statements he wished he didn't leave Holland because other than BJK, some other big Dutch teams like Heerenveen and Feyenoord were also interested in him but he chose BJK and it turned out to be a bad move for both parties. maybe Co knows him from his Holland days. Anyway, I wish him well and hope he can gain a first-team spot at Dragao.

I hope he succeds , he is our only available right back. Adriaanse has total confidence in Fatih from when he played in Holland, I have total confidence in Adriaanse so...

i hope he succeds , he is our only available right back. Adriaanse has total confidence in Fatih from when he played in Holland, I have total confidence in Adriaanse so...

this is Besiktas thread not Fc Porto..why dont u talk about Fatih or Porto in your thread?

Posted Image

Ailton :tup:

manny, what's wrong with him asking? The subject is a bir old, anyway but I can understand the concerns of ultra.

Anyway, this is the biggest transfer move of this season... Ailton will join Besiktas JK on Monday at the latest. He's 32-years-old but not a player who is washed up and looking for a wealthy final move for his career. A great signing by Besiktas! The problem is your squad is way too large now. I mean you can make up four teams individually. So far BJK have signed Youla, Ali Tandogan, Guven, Adem Dursun, Volkan Unlu and loaned out players from last season who were Kaloglu Sinan, Okan Koc, Gokhan Zan and Aydin Umit returned to a team that already had around 30 players. With a rough calculation after counting the comers and goers, it now makes a roster of 36 (Ronaldo, Carew, Ali Cansun and Sonkaya left) players.

A brief look at Ailton's career;

SEASON TEAM COUNTRY GM GL

1995/96 Parana (Brazil) 20 5

1996/97 Parana (Brazil) 14 3

1997/98 Unam (Mexico) 16 5

1998/99 Werder (Ger) 13 2

1999/00 Werder 29 12

2000/01 Werder 30 14

2001/02 Werder 33 17

2002/03 Werder 31 16

2003/04 Werder 33 28

2004/05 Schalke FC 29 14

TOTAL ------------------ 250 106

Posted Image

he has signed a contract for 2+1 year!

And he'll get €1.8M for his first year plus €100k per ten games each. He'll get €1.5M for his second year plus €100k per ten games each. Besiktas keeps the right of extending the player's contract for further one year. The option includes a €1.5M per annum contract plus €50k per ten games each. Ailton is also given a €6.5M release clause. If any club offer Besiktas that amount of money Ailton will be free to discuss terms with the offering club.

Good and Beneficial Signing For BlackEagles!!! :tup:

Some scripts from Ailton's press conference whilst he officially signed the club's contract:

...when asked about how was he convinced to move to Besiktas...

"I'm a player with ambitions. When Besiktas approached me first, I called my friend Zago to ask him about Besiktas and Istanbul. He told me that it would be a fascinating move for me and the city of Istanbul is beautiful. He also stressed that Besiktas is a club always aiming for the top. As a matter of the fact, I signed for Besiktas."

...when asked about his ambition at his new club...

"I came here to win trophies, one League title to say the least."

...when asked about Fenerbahce's offer to him three years ago...

"My contract ended with Werder so I started negotiations with them. Then one day my agent informed me about Fenerbahce's offer. They offered me less then half my contract at Werder so I renewed my contract. Their interest did not seem to be genuine."

It seems that neither having already around 40 players in their roster nor the signing of Ailton eased off Besiktas' transfermania this season as they now look to secure the services of Sporting Clube de Portugal midfielder Fabio Rochemback. AJANSSPOR claims that both sides agreed on an undisclosed fee and Rochemback will be in Istanbul on Wednesday to negotiate a contract with the Eagles.

On the other hand, Schalke General Manager Andy Moeller said that the club made a €500k payment to Ailton for the 2005-06 season before he moved on to Besiktas and unless they get a €500k repay cheque from the Brazilian, they won't let him move to Inonu. Besiktas Director of Football Kivanc Oktay stated hastily that it will not be a problem for Besiktas to pay the amount if the situation is "so" serious.

Besiktas Squad Numbers For 2005-06 Season...

1 Daniel PANCU

2 Dursun ADEM

3 Havutcu TAYFUR

6 Atan CAGDAS

7 Buruk OKAN

8 Goktan BERKANT

10 Yalcin ALI RIZA SERGEN

11 Metin TUMER

12 Yildiz YASIN (GK)

14 JUANFRAN Garcia

19 Uzulmez IBRAHIM

20 Goncalves da Silva AILTON