Phantis Forums

Was the fix in?

MikeS

Not that it matters now as Greece were defeated by Mexico 3-2, but prior to yestreday's matches, if Korea-Mali was to end in a draw, both of those nations would advance to the quarterfinals, regardless of what Greece would have had done against Mexico.

Final Score:

Korea-Mali 3-3

It's possible that this was an honest score, right?

Goals scored:

NDIAYE (MLI) 7', NDIAYE (MLI) 24', NDIAYE (MLI) 55',

CHO Jae (KOR) 57', CHO Jae (KOR) 59', TAMBOURA (MLI) 64' Own goal

Hmmm.... :la:

Right... :huh:

And whateva happened to Cristiano Ronaldo?! I was too busy watching Czech Republic - Greece on ALPHA, then i switched to ET1 and heard something about "timoria"... anyone knows what happened? :blink:

Portugal 2 - Costa Rica 3

forget about it olympic football de paei pou8ena.

this is really not an important tournament even for youth. these guys are all old enought to play for pro teams and all dont have the togetherness or commitment to win..........

although Korea paid the ref in the Hellas game----they must have he was a disgrace....

It doesn't really matter, it's the Greek Olympic squad that lost, not the EURO 2004 squad. Now I'd have a different reaction if this was the World Cup Qualifications....

Well, of course...I just posted my observation to see what all of you thought, that's all.

It doesn't really matter, it's the Greek Olympic squad that lost, not the EURO 2004 squad.

yeh, but couldnt u argue that this is our future national team because a lot of the current squad membersare into their late 20's/early 30's e.g. nikopolidis, fyssas, dellas, kapsis, stelios, zagorakis and wen they retire, if the youth suck, then - i hate to say it - greece will probably suck in the future.

no thats not the squad of the future.

it never is at this level.

dont forget there is no concrete age limit for senior team-unlike this team. we will still have plenty of good players now from the euro who will still be playing a while from now mixed in with the youth of today and even some young stars that nobody has seen yet (in the future).... they wont suck thats for sure.

Olympic soccer is kind of odd and apostolakis wont be coaching the future ethniki. dont judge the future out of 3 unlucky and lazy games....

yeh, but couldnt u argue that this is our future national team because a lot of the current squad membersare into their late 20's/early 30's e.g. nikopolidis, fyssas, dellas, kapsis, stelios, zagorakis and wen they retire, if the youth suck, then - i hate to say it - greece will probably suck in the future.

Not neccessarily, this is our young team, they have time to improve over the years, what makes you think that they're gonna stay like this the whole time. I also agree with Drakos that you shoudln't judge a team that's only played 3 games.

you shoudln't judge a team that's only played 3 games.

3 games where they've conceded 7 goals + got 1 point - from a disputed penalty. greece's results were consistently badly + why can this not be some sort of omus for the future? I also don't accept that the players were lazy. if they cant be bothered to put in the hard work representing their country at the olympics- which at their young age is an incredible motivation then they dont deserve 2 wear the national team jersey. yes they are young + still have 2 learn + will make school boy errors, but this can be said for all teams there + in comparison, Greece was way behind. I know im not alone in these views, because i've read in other topics how ppl have said that Sapanis, Stoltidis, Lagos, Vallas + Vyntra sucked - even u said that drakos13: "i never want to see Vyntra in blue, white or green in my life again." If you say dont judge a team by these 3 games, then why do you judge Vyntra???

Archived