Phantis Forums

Czech Rep. - Greece (Friendly)

Phantis

16:37 18Aug2004 RTRS-Soccer-Greece hold Czechs to scoreless draw in Euro 2004 rematch

PRAGUE, Aug 18 (Reuters) - European champions Greece held Czech Republic to a scoreless draw in their friendly on Wednesday with a typically stubborn defensive display that helped them to the European title in Portugal last month.

Read More

Admin's Note: Please do not post entire articles, from other sources, in these forums. A hyperlink to the source of the news, and a SMALL summary does the job!. Thanks.

Good result even though its just a friendly. At least we have retained what we gained in the euro.

petpnny: those were NOT qualifying matches, but mere friendlies as well.

ahhh, ok, thanks for the correction. i thought i had read somehwere they were qualifying matches. ok, we';; wait till sep 4 then!!!! :gr:

beleive me i know ive already gotten into many an arguement about this...if the leventes try there best nobody will stop us......

they just have to deal with the fact that teams like england and spain and germany are grossly overrated every year..........

The excuse that I keep hearing from soccer fans is that (believe it or not) Greece didn't deserve to win the Euro because they played too "defensively". Needless to say, this argument irritates me to no end. :angry:

Archived