Phantis Forums

EURO 2004 - Greece wins it all.

Irlandos

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Portugal will be much harder this time. Figo has found his "form" and both Deco and Ronaldo will strat. But once again they will have the pressure of being favourites. Greece can do it again. I assume that Giannakopoulos will start in place of the suspended Karagounis. What about Nikolaidis for Vryssas?

As long as the Greeks don't get too cocky (for beating Portugal the first time around) and fall into the complacency trap... We shut them down once, we can do it again... Heck, we beat all the favorite teams so far... Portugal, France and the Czech Republic. We're the giant slayers -- as long as we still believe we're the underdogs!!!!!

yeah...90 minutes and thats all..our boys will pull through...i can almost see the headlinesa...with thwe hard work we have put in, i dont see us fans being dissapointed...with the hard work and passion of the players, i think they can pull through :gr:

Nothing can stop us now, we will win on Sunday!!!! :D

One thing that makes me pause is the fatigue factor...

We will have one day less rest.

We will have played a dramatic ET game.

We will have to travel.

Will this affect us at the end of a long football season?

This is it. The final 90 minutes (or 120 minutes). I am sure the players will give it all to achieve the result. With a little luck on our side, we can lift the trophy. I'd say the odds are 50-50.

As far as fatigue is concerned. It appeared at the end of yesterday's game that we were loosing energy, but the players had still something left in them during overtime to get the win. I am sure they will find enough energy and courage to give their all on Sunday.

its a hard call, again.

sure Deco and Figo have hit "form" if thats what you want to call it. But, against Holland i hope you guys noticed how miserable the dutch were at defending. They were so bad and it flattered Portugal a bit. They didnt get players back, they were totally disorganized, unlike Greece.

I say if Greece can hold another halftime at 0-0 we are looking great. Its also my belief that Greece has the best defense in the entire world.

there is no better land anywhere than Greece.

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Pfffffffffffffffffffft. Portugal? Why would we be worried about PORTUGAL if we beat France and the Czechs? Plus, we already beat Portugal, this game will be easy.

Haha, sure. That is what our Ethniki must NOT start thinking. They must still play with heart and they must play as good as they can.

But, if we do play well, we can easily beat Portugal 2 - 0, maybe even 3 - 0. We just can't get full of ourselves or cocky.

I predict a 1 - 0 victory for Greece, and we will be the winners of Euro 2004. No one thought we would make it this far. We had never won a game in a major international competition before Euro 2004. People have probably lost millions of whatever currecny they use because of our exploits :P

We are indeed lucky to be alive to bear witness to this great feat. It's Great to be Greek :tup:

every team we have played except for russia, has had better squads than us. on paper we should have been pumped every game but the ethniki has one thing that has pulled us through thus far and will lift us the trophy. HEART...thats why fatigue wont play a factor cos when the team looks down on their shirt when theyre out of breath and the 10,000 greeks are chanting and they think of whats waiting for them at home, they will pull through. i just hope vryzas doesnt start, im sick of him.

hellas :gr: FERTE MAS TO EVROPAIKO

The only thing that I m fearing is the fatigue.... especially because Greece game is based on a lot of running...... and 2 days of recovery is normally not enough.... it's a bit unfair what UEFA does...the half finals should take place on the same day, if the final is set so shortly afterwards....but the special event of a EC-Final might disappear the fatigue......

On the other hand....Basinas is not so tired as he played for only 70 minutes...., then we have Nikolaidis, who is not tired...and Giannakopoulos too....and maybe Tsiartas will be playing from the beginning as well.

Hey guys..today I went here to a party of the community school of our village..... Swiss kids were playing football ....and as everywhere in the world...they play and simultaneously they comment the game like a radio-reporter or TV-speaker.....

So the kids were commenting "GRIECHENLAND"... as one team was - Griechenland-....when the Goalkeeper catched the ball....., I heard fragments of "Nikopolidis".....

I was realy smiling and a bit proud...... before they even did not know who Nikopolidis is and I never heard something similar before....

PS. The big tabloid German Paper "Bild"...is sure that after the EC...Rehhagel will join Germany as the new coach.

I have a funny feeling that something strange happens....... ..like a higher force is protecting us..... and helps also that we score....

Mr Brückner, the coach of the Czechs said par example.....for the last 30 games, they didn't conceede any goal from a corner...and now they lost the game from a corner....

Never ever..the hosting team and the title holder was defeated by the same team.

Does any body of you have also this feeling that a higher force is protecting us ? :)

These past few weeks, like every Greek in the world, I'm very proud to be Greek. I have seen every game and I think that Greece has played exceptional. I believed that the Czecks would beat us, but now I know that we will win tomorrow.

ELLAS YIA PANTA :tup: :nw: :tup: :nw:

My worry is the fatigue of the players and also the momentum of the Portuguese team. They really have turned it on since we first played them. Yes some teams didnt play as well and made Prortugal seem alot better than they were, but that aside... they have been looking alot better than they did. Scholari changed alot after that first game....

Guest lenaki143

Hey,

To mono pou thelo na po einai ZHTO ELLAS KAI ME NIKI. An pistevoume ola tha ginoune kala, kai etsi kai allious einai nikitria h ethniki. Exei nikisi oles tis kardies pagosmia kai euxome oti ola vgoune kala kai na to sikosome to kipelo.

ELLADARA EISAI MIA FERTE MAS FERTE MAS PORTOGALIA

Me ti niki kai o theos mazi mas!!

Archived