Phantis Forums

Portugal - England

Irlandos

The first quarterfinal match will take place today with hosts Portugal facing England.

In the last Euro Cup, Portugal defeated the English 3-2.

Will today's game have a different ending?

hope not think not

easy win

Força Portugal

I am not gonna say the exact score because we have many 'thieves' in this forum and you are going to steal it and put it in the predictions game!!! :P I ma just gonna say that Portugal is going to win!!!! :tup:

SISSIES GO HOME!!!!! :P

Has anybody watched 'Ola gia to Euro' last night at ERT? Commentators interviewed Gary Lineker.... He actually didn't seem to have too much faith in the Greek team and he said that the French with the English are the favourites!!!

OYST!!!!! :box:

Commentators interviewed Gary Lineker.... he said that the French with the English are the favourites!!!

I don't see them getting past Portugal!

Someone once said that England are very ego-centric. I guess they're right! :P

I believe that England will go through. They will came out in the field attacking from the first min. If they get one early I don't see Portugal able to overturn it.

As for Lineker, I have one question. Did he watched the Czechs playing? They are my favorites.

I believe that England will go through. They will came out in the field attacking from the first min. If they get one early I don't see Portugal able to overturn it.

Attack with whom... Wayne Roonie? :lol: :lol: :lol: Or perhaps the non-existant Michael Owen....

Or perhaps they can do it from the wings with the Spice Boy and Ashley Cole... :lol: :lol:

Maybe thay can attack from the midfield with that superb player called Gerrard!! :P

But I know.... Defenders will save England this time... One of the Neville sisters will score!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: (not even in our wildest dreams)...

Re Papou you have to give Rooney some credit. Although he is not the god or the new pele :lol: the english make him out to be he has played well in this tourney.

As far as the game goes I only want england to pass if we do so then we can have the honour of sending them back to that miserable island ourselves. I would love to hear Lineker, Venables and the rest of the BBC iperoptes explain that one away. The kideia that passed as commentary after the France game was absolutely hillarious.

As far as the game goes I only want england to pass if we do so then we can have the honour of sending them back to that miserable island ourselves.

That can ONLY happen if Greece meet England in the FINAL of Euro 2004!

Equaliser in the 83rd by Postiga who replaced...Figo!

We are into extra time now, There has been only one team on the pitch so far - Portugal who are piling on the pressure.

England are clearly tired or possibly affected by the heat.

About a minute from time, Campbell headed the ball into the net but the ref disallowed the goal as Terry had fouled the keeper.

1st penalty - David Beckham: OUT!!!

- Deco: GOAL

2nd penalty - Michael Owen: GOAL!

- Simao: GOAL!

3rd penalty - Lampard: GOAL!

- Rui Costa: OUT!!!

4th penalty - John Terry: GOAL!

- Ronaldo: GOAL!

5th penalty - Hargeaves: GOAL!

- Maniche: GOAL!

6th penalty - A. Cole: GOAL!

- Postiga: GOAL!

7th penalty - Vassell: SAVED!!!

- Ricardo: GOAL!!!!!!!

PORTUGAL WIN!!!

A thought just occurred to me: What happens if Portugal go on to win the Cup and we were the only team that defeated them on their way?

Better yet, what will happen if Greece makes it to the final and meets Portugal again. B)

Archived