Phantis Forums

Portugal - England

Irlandos

Insane great game.... I was listening to it on BBC. No one really deserved to lose that one. Maybe a Greece-Portugal FINAL!!!! That would be great.

Greece beats Portugal TWICE!!!!!!!!!!! :tup:

After watching yesturdays game I am in a big dilemma... I don't know if I have to blame Ericsson or thank him.... He is got 1 thing to support him and another one to critisise him...

1. After England Scored they started going back during the game... Especially in the 2nd half they were defending with 11 men behind the ball. We are not used to seeing the sissies playing 'clever' football. I think that Ericsson's assumption was that England for 50 yeras used to play very attractive football (especially against big teams) nut they always seemed to loose in the end. So he thought that this time he will place the team completely different in the pitch. Can you blame him?

2. On the one hand there is that assumption above, on the other someone could easily say that he hasn't got the players to support this kind of game... How can you defend with the Neville Sisters and Ashley cole?

Anyway the result was once again the same... England goes to penalty shootout and looses for the 3rd Time!!!(1990, 1998, 2004). In fact the only game I remember them winning in penalties was the England-Spain match in Euro 1996.

What do you think?

Do you blame Ericsson for creating a defensive thinking to the team? or

You think he has done the right thing cause he though that for 50 years attacking football lead England to....nowhere!!!! :huh:

according to the sissies newspapers it all was the referee's fault

england not to blame

The sun: You Swiss Bannker: Idiot ref robs Becks' heroes

http://www.thesun.co.uk/section/0,,2,00.html

The daily mirror: REFFING HELL! ENGLAND AGONY AS WE CRASH OUT

& Portugal... 2 England... 2 Referee steals Campbell glory again

http://www.mirrorsporteuro2004.co.uk/tm_ob...-name_page.html

how low can they go

It WAS a foul and the ref blew his whistle before Campbell even headed the ball.

If England truly want 100% fair officiating then why don't they travel to Ukraine and play their WC 2002 qualifying game playoff, apologise to Germany for putting them through that ordeal unecessarily, suspend Sheringham for making Gregg Louganis look like an average diver and admit they lost 2-1 to Greece? :P

I think the turning point was the injury of Roonie. Until then England looked much better than Protugal and had more chances to score a second goal rather than get equalized.

From the English defenders only Cambell was good yesterday. And I think that the biggest mistake that Ericsson made was the change of Scholes with Phil Neville. After that England was constantly in their own half and they couldn't exchange to consecutive passes.

Anyway, it was a good game, full of suspense and a lot of motion.

OUFF!!!! Did you see that Beckham penalty shot in the shootout?!?!?! Wow, and hes the captain?!?! That's his second miss of a penalty shot, and he hasn't been producing anything for England, I dont' think he deserves to become captain!!!!!!!!! :angry: Give it to Lampard!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Archived