Phantis Forums

What's the thing with Okkas

ZeeKoei

Little question for the Paok fans

you all seem to react a bit special when Okkas gets mentioned

why is that exactly?

from some reactions it seems to me...

Okkas left (nothing wrong with that, but that doesn't explain the way you all make fun of him or you being angry at that guy)

for the money (did not get paid correctly, like most of the players)

and left PAOK for AEK

is that correct?

(why do I care? well, I collect football shirts, also from the major Greek teams, I already had one of the major three Athens teams, and of course I definitely also wanted a Paok shirt; especially because I went to basket game Ootstende-Paok with some Paok minded friends and I had no shirt, only a scarf. So I asked my mum when she went to Greece to bring a Paok shirt and ask the vendor for a shirt of a nice player, and she came home with a Paok shirt :D

with the name... Okkas... AFTER he left! :tdown:

so that miserable vendor lied and cheated and wanted to get rid of his old stock :box:

ZeeKoei

Here is the deal with Okkas, and the reason for PAOK fans hating his guts.

Okkas was brought over to PAOK from Cyprus during the Bajevic years, and he had two very good years for PAOK. His contract was supposed to expire in June of 2005. PAE PAOK knowing very well that some Greek teams (Olympiakos, PAO, AEK) as well as some German teams had their sights set on acquiring Okkas, the management of PAOK made sure that Okkas was paid in full, and on time, as opposed to the rest of the PAOK players.

Unfortunately Okkas listened to his manager Botos, who persuaded him to file a claim with FIFA against PAOK at the end of the 2002-2003 season under some new FIFA rule, completely by-passing EPO who one year before turned down a similar claim by Okkas and his manager. Needless to say FIFA agreed with Okkas, and declared him a free agent. PAE PAOK at the ssame time was in financial and management turmoil, which resulted in them not even sending the proper paperwork to FIFA to give their side. PAOK peopel realised too late that Okkas was free and joining AEK thanks to a gift from Melissanidis who paid for his transfer to AEK. Once PAOK realised what was happening, and with Batatoudis gone (he created the whole financial mess), they started appealiung the FIFA decision, and supposedly there is going to be a ruling by FIFA soon. The current PAOK owners are claiming that they will take the case all the way to the European court.

The reason PAOK fans turned on Okkas is that he abandoned the team, when they needed him the most, and in order to get released he used unethical moves to achieve this. As far as PAOK fans are concerned he is a persona non grata at PAOK. Many PAOK fans are happy to see him fail at AEK, claiming that the PAOK curse on Okkas is working.

Like a little dog, he will follow his master ...

Which is why none of us embraced him because he came to us for the wrong reasons. We signed two guys at the end of last season, both relatively big in names: Lybe and Okka.....the fans choose the right one to support.

I want the m**** to leave to be honest.....players that come SOLELY for a coach to a club can F*** off.....

Which is why none of us embraced him because he came to us for the wrong reasons. We signed two guys at the end of last season, both relatively big in names: Lybe and Okka.....the fans choose the right one to support.

I want the m**** to leave to be honest.....players that come SOLELY for a coach to a club can F*** off.....

Original 21

Just one question I want to ask you did you say the same thing about Okkas when you guys signed him to what your saying now? I'm just asking because I said the same thing when we got Bajevic and in the end he destroyed our club with singings we couldn't afford.

Also I read that Okkas was on 800,000 euros a year at AEK. That's way to much no wonder you guys are badly in debt. He's not even worth half of that amount.

Yes me personally I did. I obviously cant speak for all AEK fans, nor all Originals nor all Melbourne AEK fans....

I know many who loved the guy and celebrated when we signed him but on a personal level I thought ok great we got a good player along with Lybe (who for me personally was the best thing in the world). I thought about it for about 2 weeks and just clicked as to why he choose our club and I was sceptical. After seeing his attitude and that, I knew he was the worst possible thing for our club. Im pretty confident many of these similar thoughts were echoed throughout Original and it escalated when okkas started getting involved in crowd fiascos...that day those who supported him officially turned on him.

Yes that amount is about correct. Hey you want Abonsah back?

Archived