Phantis Forums

TFF: We'll sell tickets to the English!

I'm not a huge fan of Haluk Ulusoy for obvious reasons. However, on this instance I believe what he has said has been blown out of context. The English tabloids have gone as far as saying that he is 'inviting trouble'. I actually think it's a smart move. He is aware that the English will travel to Istanbul (just like they did to Macedonia) and instead of risking them of sitting amoungst the Turkish fans, he wants to have them segregated, hence eliminating possible crowd trouble inside the ground...

Obviously, it's better all round if they don't travel at all. But it would take the most ignorant person to believe that they won't, especially for this game!!

Let's leave the Geography and stick with the initial topic ;)

Various media journalists in the UK are 'investigating' the ease of buyig tickets for the upcoming Turkiye v England match. One particular reporter (of the Evening Standard) documented his ordeal and pointed out first he tried over the internet - nothing. He then flew out to Istanbul and went to Biletix (the official sales point) and was told that only Turkish civilians were entitled to tickets AFTER their proof of identity. So he then went on the lookout on the blackmarket where he had no problems and got one for

Archived