Phantis Forums

Traianos Dellas (Anorthosis)

Ziaka

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is safe to say that his injury is pretty bad - that is why he is not on the national team afterall there are/havebeen several players withut squads on the ethniki before

does anyone have any info re. his healt - what he hads been doing? prognosis?

I think it is safe to say that his injury is pretty bad - that is why he is not on the national team afterall there are/havebeen several players withut squads on the ethniki before

does anyone have any info re. his healt - what he hads been doing? prognosis?

to be honest, i don't know his current prognosis...though i have followed dellas' career for over 7 years.

dellas had major back surgery in the late 90's done in england, while he was playing with sheffield united. since then, he seems to occasionally have nerve problems in his back, which keeps him out of matches once in a while. i think a perfect season for dellas would only be playing league matches once a week...if you throw in european club competition, national team competition and league cup competition, dellas is going to miss a handful of matches, his fragile back won't allow him to play 90 minutes in 47-52 club and country matches a season, like a terry of chelsea.

he had hernia surgery early in the summer, it should take a player 2 months to recover fully...possibly less if he had laser surgery. if anything, right now, dellas is probably very match unfit, lacking stamina, strength and even touches with the ball.

anyways, given his medical history and dellas' salary demands, dellas might have priced himself out of any type of market. it's sad, because i think dellas, when healthy, is definately in the top 10 european centerback club.

the best that Dellas can do at the moment

is to allow himself to heal promperly and to then begin is own individual training

b/c come winter transfers season some team will be after him thats for sure

Dellas Close To Lazio Move

9/5/2005 9:38:00 AM

The former Roma player is expected to sign for the Biancocelesti today.

Lazio are close to clinching Greek defender Traianos Dellas on a free transfer, after the player’s contract with the Giallorossi had expired this summer. Dellas is still looking for a new club and the Lazio destination is amongst his preferred ones.

Milan after Dellas?

Posted 5 Sep '05, 21:14 PM

Whispers in Italy on Monday evening are suggesting that Milan could hijack Lazio’s move for Traianos Dellas.

It was believed that the defender would join the Biancocelesti after his contract at city rivals Roma expired.

But reports today suggest that the Euro 2004 winner could now be heading to the San Siro instead.

Milan, given the injury concerns over Paolo Maldini, are pondering making the former Perugia player an offer.

Although the transfer window has closed, Dellas can still be signed as he is not under contract with any outfit.

The Greek giant was initially expected to be heading for the Premiership, after a previous spell in England with Sheffield United.

(Channel 4)

its getting hot i want him to go to AC :gr:

Former Roma defender, Dellas, is currently in the middle of an auction between Lazio and Milan who both want to sign the free-agent in the coming days. sept 6

Hopefully he goes to milan... it will atleast improve his game. He has nothing to gain at lazio other than money and playing time.

I've just read that Dellas' first priority is Lacio BUT if something goes wrong with this transfer he may sign with AEK!Dellas and Demis have a great relationship and he's thinking about it as an alternative!!It would be a great signing for AEK!!!

What is Dellas thinking re paidia. Why is he taking a step in the wrong direction and going back to AEK and its m onoxeilo of an owner Nikolaidi. I read that Lazio and AC Milan were interested in signing the "Train". Anyways, good for AEK but bad for the career of Traiano. Not initiating against AEK, just Nikolaidi, AEK supporters, but his talent is being wasted in the Greek league. :huh:

You cant keep players with Dellas talent in a league where year after year only three teams compete for the Protathlima. I dont know what planiti your on file Spears. Have you not seen what the Greek league is all about? Dellas talents can be useful to a squad like Lazio, or Milan. After Conti came to Roma, Traiano was done. Del Neri played Dellas and he did an admirable job at centre-back. Going back to Greece is the wrong move. Oh and your talking the Italian league versus the Greek league. Why would Totti want to leave Roma if he is happy there. But, I tell you if Real made a better offer someday I bet Totti would be on the first plane to Madrid.

What is Dellas thinking re paidia. Why is he taking a step in the wrong direction and going back to AEK and its m onoxeilo of an owner Nikolaidi. I read that Lazio and AC Milan were interested in signing the "Train". Anyways, good for AEK but bad for the career of Traiano. Not initiating against AEK, just Nikolaidi, AEK supporters, but his talent is being wasted in the Greek league. :huh:

I agree. Returning to AEK is definitely a step back and at his age, I think his day of playing abroad are over.

As a Greek you must love the fact that he will play and hopefully get in shape before the Denmark match next month

The most promising thing about the upcoming matche is that the big man, Kyrgiakos , Stelios and Karagounis will be in much better game shape and fine tuned - also Charisteas is stepping things up -

now Basinas should smarten up and sign somewhere for at least the year - what the hell is he waiting for - if he does not - then bench his arse against the Danes - how many cough ups do we need to see by the guy - he's rusty

Back to Dellas I think this is a decent move for him - he gets to play in Europe at least - however like many of you have said AEK vs his old team Roma????? a bit of a drop

Look mate in italy their are 3 teams to JUVE, MILAN and INTER so your argument is invalid!!!

Have faith in the greek elague let its progress and wht big attendances more money bigger players simple.

TSARTAS TO EGALEO spread out the talent.

If for exampl Fotakis of egaleo played next to tsartas i believ he coudl learn alot.

Dellas went abroad learnt a few thigns now hes back to make AEK excell in EUROPE simple.

TOGETHER DELLAS AND AEK CAN MAKE NOISE IN UEFA.

With him at AC MILLAN IT DOES NOTHIGN FOR GREECE. If hes attitude is right and trains hard at AEK he can still play well at an international level and the end of the day hes the same guy!

• Argy locked this topic

Archived