Phantis Forums

Final Cup Date

Proodeutikh

The final will be played on May 8, 2004 at Pampeloponnisiako Stadium in Patra.

I guess the game will serve as some kind of test event for the stadium, which will be used for the Olympic soccer tournament. That is if the fans of the two teams don't destroy in the process.

Hows this 4 an idea right...

Do wot the italians done last year with the Coppa Italia final and play it outside Greece. I think it was played in New York dont quote me but thet had an attendance of 45000-50000 ppl. Now im seeing that in Greece right now there is 2 main concerns with this cup final

- Venue suitable and big enough 4 both teams

- Putting both Olympiakos and PAO fans in the same ground (more than likely 98% chance of crowd violence)

Now i believe if this gamw were to be played in the US (New York), Canada (dont know which city has more greeks) or Australia (Melbourne) i really think that those 2 key probleams would be wiped out cause

- New York, Melbourne and a Canadian city have plenty of big venues

- The game would more than likely be a sell out cause of the large greek community in those cities

- The crowd violence percentage would drop 90%

- More money would be made playing it outside than in Greece

and

- Last thing the world needs to see is hostile crowd violence in Greece right before the Olympics

Do yous believe thats a good idea or would it be bad? (Deep down i know it would never happen but just a thought :lol: ) but if it did id want it to be played in Melbourne not because im from Australia but because Melbourne is the 3rd largest Greek city in the world and there would be very high demand for it here.

What are your thoughts?

Now i believe if this gamw were to be played in the US (New York), Canada (dont know which city has more greeks) or Australia (Melbourne) i really think that those 2 key probleams would be wiped out cause

If it was to be played in a Canadian city, It most likely would be Toronto, since the city has the biggest Greek commnity in Canada. Montreal has also a big community. Good idea though!! :tup:

The latest on the venue for the final is that a decision will be made on Thursday (29-Apr). EPO will try one more time to persuade the country's sports officials to use the stadium in Patra. if that fails, Nea Smyrni will be the last resort.

Archived