Phantis Forums

Aris 1914

Mitsos

So Aris received a clean bill of health and is starting from scratch.  I'm not going to hold my breath because if the recent past has taught me anything it's only a matter of time before the new ownership group will have the team in major debt. 

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

Μετά τον Τζεμπούρ, «βόμβα» και με Μπουγκερά ο Άρης!

235953.jpg?w=880&f=bicubic

Ο Μπουγκερά είναι 70 φορές διεθνής με την εθνική της χώρας του και μάλιστα το 2014 φορούσε το περιβραχιόνιο στο Παγκόσμιο Κύπελλο! Έφτιαξε το όνομά του στην Αγγλία, καθώς από το 2006 ως το 2008 αγωνίστηκε σε Κρου, Σέφιλντ Γουένσντεϊ και Τσάρλτον. Οι εμφανίσεις του εκεί, άνοιξαν το δρόμο για την μεταγραφή στην Ρέιντζερς, εκεί όπου έμεινε μέχρι το 2011, όπου ήταν βασικός και αναντικατάστατος και σάρωσε στους τίτλους με 3 πρωτάθλημα, 2 Λιγκ Καπ, 1 Κύπελλο, ενώ φυσικά μετρά συμμετοχές και σε Champions League. 

sport-fm

I don't want to speak for BlackHawk but I'm pretty sure his comment has nothing to do with the team that Aris is putting together but rather the amounts spent by a team which only a few weeks ago had previous debts eliminated.

No doubt both are a luxury for the Football league but I do question how a hothead like Djebbour will handle a lower level playing field, in other words how many games will he miss for retaliation offenses.

There are several red flags in my opinion.

- signing Djebbour to a 3-year contract, when he is allready 33 years old

- the size of the contract (600 - 700K per season), when the team operating budget for this season is around 3 mil and without any substantial income from participating in Football league

- the fact that the team majority shareholder can't sustain operating his other business ventures (Marinopoulos) without loss

- Djebbour's past on Greek teams. Everywhere he went, he created problems

I'd be surprised if Djebbour last the full 3 seasons at Aris.

Like you said, he will not last all three years, so his age doesn't really bother me.  I think 700K is for all 3 yrs. otherwise it's far worse than I originally thought.  His troubled past is a major concern but they know who they signed.  As for the owner, I'm not sure what to think other than to assume he is no different from previous ones.  I am surprised they allowed him to take over Aris given what is currently going on with Veroia.

6 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

There are several red flags in my opinion.

- signing Djebbour to a 3-year contract, when he is allready 33 years old

- the size of the contract (600 - 700K per season), when the team operating budget for this season is around 3 mil and without any substantial income from participating in Football league

- the fact that the team majority shareholder can't sustain operating his other business ventures (Marinopoulos) without loss

- Djebbour's past on Greek teams. Everywhere he went, he created problems

I'd be surprised if Djebbour last the full 3 seasons at Aris.

Djebbour never caused any problems at Oly as far as I recall, perhaps his fasting during Ramadan but that's about it. He also had a very prolific couple of seasons for us. At 32 years old I hink he can still do well for Aris. Don't forget he was a big factor in AEK getting that cup a few months ago.