Phantis Forums

Kokalis wants another 8 championships

Panos13

Be warned guys. In the presentation of the New Karaiskaki yesterday, Kokalis said he wants to win the 8th this season and win another 7 at the New Karaiskaki. You know what guys? I think he means it and he WILL get it. The main reason is that we have a president who is not as dynamic and involved as Kikalis. I am not just having another stab at Vardinnogiannis but this is true. Just look at the facts.

I am also upset that Oly, with their s%$#! history are first to build a super modern stadium. It should have been PAO because we ARE the biggest club in Greece and the most famous and successful Greek club in Europe.

So, what is the solustion long-term?

Long term?

Build a modern stadium (it doesn't have to be big) with our own money, not a penny from the state, somewhere where the local people will want us and we won't have to bully them around, start investing in the pao academies once again, respect the players and most of all the fans, stop bringing Zaec's buddies in the team, invest in a coach and make him the absolute ruler of the soccer dept. and stop feeding the people bullshit through your media.

There. Is that too hard to ask?

Do this, and take the game to a whole new dimension. One where Kokkalis cannot play. Unfortunately, same goes with the Vardinogiannides (and most of the greek business world). I'm not looking for pure, holly capitalists, I'm looking for smart capitalists, who can become gazillionaires and give something back to the people.

There you go.

All that is correct, but before they can happen, 1 BIG change must take place. You know what I am getting at: Vardinnogiannis must go.

PAO CAN NOT have an owner who is happy to be second in all areas. Where has he been all these years? Do you know Kokalis is laughing at him? and because of that, he is also laughing at all of us, the fans, and not only at Vardinnogiannis.

Every time Kokalis does something for Oly, it's not just for Oly. It's in order to satisfy a grudge against PAO and show the Panathinaikos Lao that he is laughing at them. He is showing who is boss.

THIS MUST STOP AND IT WILL NEVER STOP WITH VARDINNOGIANNIS. As for bringing good coaches and setting up good youth team etc. you can forget it while this family are in charge.

For the moment, I can vividly see championship 15 for the Gay.

And who brought you the Academy that produced Goumas, Basinas, our Keepers over the past yrs. And i bet you werent saying lets get rid of Vardi in the early 90s when PAO were racing away to European Semi Finals, back to back titles in the days where OSFP was stumbling around for a whole decade to win something. Lybe? Vardi brought him in. Kolka. Karagounis.

Yes it is time for him to go...a change if u will....but he does deserve some more repsect than wat we give him. Were so fickle at times we are blinded by it at times and fail to appreciate wat we have.

But before you do jump at me and counter agrue. I agree, Vardi must go - my point is they (the family) perhaps stil have hope and do deserve some respect from us for the glory we had - have - and to come. Whatever lies in the future is perhaps only possible due to wat the family has achieved.

they have done great things and horrible things....lets see if we win the protathlima this year, then lets se the reaction towards vardinogiannis....im not taking sides on whether he should go NOW or not...at the beginnig of the season i thought it was time for him t go, but we are doing better now and are in full contention for the title....there will always be things we agree and disagree with but the facts are, he aint leaving within the next half of a year...

Adonis:

My friend, good management is judged by how success is maintained, not by what you did a decade ago. This is true in any business, not just football. If PAO were a plc on the stockmarket like any other company, the board of shareholders would have fired Vardi by now, regardless of how much success he had few years ago. In the world of business you are always judged by your CURRENT success, not by your past success. Modern football is definitely a business. You can't live on past success for ever.

Yes, Vardi has done alot for us to thank him for. But please let's not forget he didn't only do it for us or for PAO, he did alot for himself too. PAO's success raised his profile beyond bouonds.

I have said this before and say it again: we have won only 6 championships in 24 years of Vardi. Now, as a PAO fan, is that enough for you? Is 6 Championships in 24 years enough for the biggest club in Greece? Look at how many Kokalis has won.

Yes, we have some great moments with Vardi, but I believe we would have had alot more if Vardi left in the late 90s when his power and influence were disppearing. He had a great team in 96 and instead of strengthening it and building on it, he sat and watched it deteriorate. That was CRIMINAL.

So you see, I am not fickle. I remember the 90s and thank Vardi for players like Saravakos, Vazexa, Frantzeskos, Donis etc. but everyone has their time and Vardi's time IS UP.

Now I have a question for you: Do you think PAO would have done better or worse in the last 7 years with Giannakopoulos Brothers?

Listen, I agree with you. Vardis times is up. But you and I know we dont call the shots and as much as you want him to leave or I or anyone else he isnt gonna sell just bc we want him to.

Now, as for the Giannakopoulos brothers, Im not sure how to answer that. Do you think they are able to sustain the bball team and the soccer team. There having tremendous success in bball and lets remember the bball team has less expenses than the soccer team. And if they did have the soccer team as well, do you think the bball team would suffer as a result...its very hard to tell...it depends on how much money Giannakopulos is willing to spend really...he says he wants the PAE. Why doesnt he just put his money where his mouth is. I reckon Vardi will sell but at a price, after Kokkalis who else in Greece (and yes after the Giannakopoulos bros) theres no one else really. If there is let me know plz. But i cant answer that if Giannakopoulos had the PAE how different our past decade would be. Perhaps we would have won a title or two but even Giannakopoulos isnt no Kokkalis. His killed him in bball but soccer will be a different ball game...

And Im a believer in soccer is sort of different to how a typical business is run. Your success lies on how the 11 on the field play...and that can at times be just by luck...how different would this conversation be if PAO held out for 90 minutes last year at Rizopoulis...90 MIN!

But I do agree with u mostly! Theres too many factors involved that we just cant precisely pinpoint our problem or our solution apart from Vardi...theres Zaets as well...how about a new stadium...thats not "entirely" Vardis fault...

Archived