Phantis Forums

Panathinaikos - AEK

Dikefale11

Big game away to Panathinsikos on Monday, a win here and we would go 4 clear. I would be satisfied with a point but think we can get the W if we play like we have been the last 2 games.

Will be a hostile crowd hopefully the boys can cope.

Yeah its quite a predicament alright, as much as I would like to see AEK back in the CL i cant see us going through 2 rounds vs CL regulars with out current coefficient, 6 guaranteed games in the group stage EL would be much better.

That is if Sevilla win ofcourse.

How did Sevilla not score in all that time Barca were down to 10 men, shame. I agree with the posts above yes CL would be awesome but its a tough ask to win both rounds of qualifying and I don't think AEK is ready for CL just yet, Europa is a good stepping stone in our 1st season back, but now we gota go through the qualifiers since Sevilla lost....

As for the game tonight, huge game for both teams, we need to avoid losing, a win would be brilliant but a draw doesn't hurt us in anyway, hope the boys are up for it and with our confidence on a high from the last week we have had and PAO losing that form they had toward season end I think its a good time to play them but this game can go either way, all comes down to which teams comes out to play and wants it more.

Do us proud AEKARA!!!!

Edited by Original Sydney

Jesus^

Also i have just learned we can still make the Group Stages of Europa league if we get knocked out in the Play Off round of the CL, provided we get past fhe 3rd QL round, if we get knocked out in the 3rd QL we go to the Play Off round of the EL.

Dikefale I thought we had to still do 1 round of qualifying for Europa even if we miss CL, the playoff round, is that not correct as this s%$#! is confusing as hell lol

If we get knocked out in the 3rd QL round of CL we go to the play off round in Europa League.

"The third qualifying round is split into two separate sections: Champions Route (for league champions) and League Route (for league non-champions). The losing teams in both sections enter the 2016?17 UEFA Europa League play-off round."

If we get knocked out in the play off round in CL we go straight to the groups of Europa League;

"The play-off round is split into two separate sections: Champions Route (for league champions) and League Route (for league non-champions). The losing teams in both sections enter the 2016?17 UEFA Europa League group stage."

This is all only relevant of course if we finish first haha

• Like it 1

This has the possibility to end bad for us....

PAO look more up for it, they are running whereas we are jogging.

Too many long balls not working. Not even a shot kn target 34 minutes in, PAO have 5. Paints a clear picture for you.