Phantis Forums

English language, Greek football podcast?

Hey all,

I've been really into sports podcasts lately, and think it would be a dream if there was an english language podcast about everything Greek football. Seeing as there doesn't seem to be one, this might be something I look into doing once a month as a hobby once my schedule opens up a bit (might be a fun summer project). Has anyone considered doing one? Id probably be a very frustrating host until I become more familiar with the game, but I would try to make up for it with top-shelf humor and celebrity guests, like Milas Kunis (maybe she'd be interested in cohosting).

Does anyone know of anything like this that already exists? Podcast Addict is a great app for searching for them. The best Greek coverage I get is from a Benfica podcast. 

• Like it 2

I'll give this some serious thought. I would make it a Greek football/basketball pod, to ensure that I would know what I was talking about half of the time. Monthly shows would include:

FOOTBALL (First half of show):

• Brief Superleague update (this will be the hardest thing for me to stay on top of being in United States and not knowing Greek language, but I would do my best to stream games next season)
  • How Greeks are performing in leagues abroad
  • Greek National Team updates
  • Transfer news
  • Prospect Watch: I'd probably dedicate a lot of time to this

BASKETBALL (Second half of show):

• Giannis Antetokounmpo Watch: "Road to Hall of Fame" ~5-10 minutes a show
  • Kostas Koufos Watch: "Stay Serviceable" ~2 minutes
  • FIBA team
  • Greek NBA prospects 
Edited by FrappeFetish
  • Like it 1

Is your concept to record longer broadcasts (1-1,5h) or are you going to divide the topics over 2-3 episodes? I think you've chosen good topics but if you're going to do the podcasts monthly you'll have to not go into details as nobody will listen for hours. You'll have to think of that one month equals four rounds and quite many matches in total. Maybe an episode every two weeks will be better in that aspect. Don't misunderstand me, you can release one podcast a year and that would still be better than today's zero episodes. 

Another way of getting rid of the "time-problem" could also be to divide the football and basket sections.

Just some thoughts from one that never listens to podcasts lol

^ Actually, it's pretty common for sports podcasts to last around an hour. My favorite is Football Weekly (from The Guardian), and they release at least one episode a week throughout the season.

I could see it go either way, time-wise - there may be a lot of games over the course of a month, but 90% of them won't be interesting enough to talk about. Especially in the GSL.