Phantis Forums

Auxerre - Panathinaikos

tihio10

i just watch the game(overextended highlights) and heres what i think

ZOUTAOUTAS will be the death of PAO

he was awful tonight. jesus christ he was bad, terrible, F***ing up everywhere, horrible passes, a wasted good opportunity on goal, this guy needs to go, a nice rangers goal means nothing. he didnt hustle at all, jogging back when Auxerre got a break after his s%$#! pass gets cut out. We really really need to get rid of him, an occasional good game with many shitty ones is not a player we need or want.

We needed to put Konstantinou on with Papa, and play 4-4-2 we had no offense, about 2 chances really, and we couldnt possess up top or organize. this is what happens without Michali and not many people realize his importance.

we should have put Sanmartean in a bit too i feel, preferably over Sapouni, but credit to him he had the only real good chance in the game.....

overall a good result, but still very very hard game in athens coming up. they need just 1 goal...

and id like to add- I HATE AUXERRE. their team is a bunch of whiny "french" bitches, and a##holes. They are playing dirty and trying to start fights all the time with our players and they deserved everyobject that was thrown at them from our fan section- who by the way again was louder than the auxerres :D

anyways (also it was great seeing them get frustrated again and again when Cisse kicked down the adboard :D)

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was very dissapointed to say the least from Shums negative tactics.

I told you Evergreen Shoums tactics lack so much flair and are so boring. I mean name me one other team in Europe who plays 3-6-1 with NO playmaker.

As for the everyone else, yes of course PAO will have no proper attack if you stick Pap up front by himself with no support and six midfielders, none of which are proper playmakers. Thats why Sanmartean should have been thrown in.

Anywaz, we can go all night long about Shoums tactics, or lack of, but Im worried to see evryone is not looking forward to the return leg in Athens. Gents, we will be in front of 15000 fanatics, and please, Shoum HAS to play with two strikers at home. I mean it would be murder, catastrophic if he doesnt. Anywaz, with the home support at Leoforos, the French wont know what will have hit them! Well maybe thats wat Im hoping for! lol

Aide Cheer up Gents...mission accomplished....other teams try and go for a draw and get thumped, at least were still in it!

I SAW THE GAME LIVE, AND I THINK WE WERE VERY LUCKY TO COME AWAY WITH A TIE. I THINK WE SHOULD ALL THANK THAT IDIOT CISSE FOR MESSING UP A PERFECT CHANCE TO SCORE BY PASSING INSTEAD OF SHOOTING THAT BALL IN THE FIRST HALF!!!!!!! I KNOW THAT OUR MENTALITY WAS DEFENSE FIRST, BUT IF YOUR GOING TO PLAY WITH 1 FORWARD, AT LEAST PLAY WITH 1 CREATIVE CENTER MIDFIELDER...WHAT A CRAPPY SYSTEM, WE MADE AUXERRE LOOK LIKE REAL MADRID. WE DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO TAKE THE PRESSURE OF OUR DEFENSE, BECAUSE NONE OF OUR F@#$ING MIDFEILDERS COULD RETAIN POSESSION OF THE BALL.

AND TO TOP THE WHOLE THING OFF, WE CONTINUE TO PLAY LIKE A BUNCH OF GIRLS WHEN THEY WERE DOWN TO TEN.......HE WAITS TILL THE 85TH MINUTE TO THROW EPALLE IN THE GAME. NOT THAT HE'S OUR SAVIOR, BUT HE WOULD HAVE CREATED SOME OFFENSIVE PRESSURE. I THINK WE ALL KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THAT AWAY GOAL IS, YOU HAVE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EVERY OPPORTUNITY.

BOTTOM LINE....ITS THE RESULT THAT COUNTS. BUT THIS STYLE OF PLAY WILL CATCH UP AND BITE US IN THE ASS. OUR DEFENSE WILL NOT HOLD UP, ESPECIALLY AGAINST BETTER TEAMS. WE NEED CREATIVITY, WE NEED GOALS

------FREEZE

P.S. 1 GOOD THING FROM THIS GAME, OUR FANS ARE THE GREATEST....THE LIVE FEED COMES ON TO MY TV AND THE FIRST THING I HEAR ARE OUR FANS CHANTING.....WHAT A GREAT FEELING.

Hey giys,

I watched the whole game yesterday on Supersport and think we got lucky not to have lost. Really, what was Cisse thinking when he got the pass from Kapot and was completely unmarked in front of the net and decided to pass it back to Kallou????? Thank God for that. Auxerre are a blistering team, especially on the counterattack. I think that PAO showed too much respect, even after the dismissal of Kapot. We seemed to only hold on to the ball to pass time , as opposed to move a couple of guys forward and use that opportunity to get that vital away goal.

I agree that playing 3-6-1 left Pap completely isolated up front and that made his injury inevitable, especially considering Auxerre's murderous tackles. It was good to see a ref finally bring up a red card on tackles that can end someones career (anyone remembers Roy Keeanes intentional tackle in 2001 that ended the poor Man City players career?)

I think that the return in Athens is very tricky and dangerous. Today we played very defensively and still got caught on the counter attack a few times. In Athens we have to open up a little and go for the win. That will give the frenchies even more chances to counter. Thankfully, Kapot will not play, but they still have Kalou, Ciss? and that piece of garbage Leshouer who did not honour the fairplay rule.

Goumas was a rock today. I also liked Morris. Chalkias was solid, he saved us on that one on one against Kallou. Munch could not get his offensive runs going. Michaelsen covered a lot of kilometres as always.

Let us hope for a first half goal in Athens, and a second half goal to wrap it up with Ciss? scoring in the dying moments. 2-1 PAO

Lets talk seriously shall we? I see all thsoe comments about tactics but you keep forgetting that we are playing an away game with one of the best teams in France. What did you expect? go there and play 3-5-2... And if we did that and lost the game ,everybody would have been talking about how shitty was the attacking tactic that Schum decided to pursue!!! I mean cammon, get serious... It was just a typical European PAO game, the result is very dangerous but not so bad.

In terms of the game news, the injury of PAP is very bad news, but I am very positive about the second leg due to the fact that I saw Auxerre being a team without any European experience. I think that PAOs strength has to do with the massive European experience that he has gained as a team. I think that the only way for as to loose the game in Leoforos is to have a really bad game and everything must go against us.......

Ellas Eyrvph Panathinaikos!!!!

papas injury is bad

but im not worried, were still gonna have konstantinou and manoli starting so i think well be fine.

also i would like to applaud Soums choice of picking Chalkias. I think Antoni is an amazing goalkeeper but Chalkias was flawless and was exactly what we needed,

FRENCH PRESS:

"Auxerre a compromis son avenir européen en concédant le match nul face au Panathinaïkos (0-0), jeudi en 16e de finale aller de la Coupe de l'UEFA de football, au terme d'un match que les Bourguignons ont nettement mais stérilement dominé et qu'ils ont terminé à dix après l'exclusion de Kapo. A aucun moment le Panathinaïkos n'a montré l'envergure d'une équipe ayant passé l'automne en Ligue des champions mais Auxerre, pour son 75e match européen, n'a pas su faire preuve du sang-froid et du réalisme indispensables en Coupe d'Europe. Face à une équipe grecque prudente en 4-5-1 avec Papadopoulos en pointe, l'AJA entamait avec un tir de Tainio (8e) qui passait à droite des buts de Chalkias, préféré à l'international grec Nikopolidis pour sa grande taille (1,99 m), l'entraîneur du "Pana" se méfiant du jeu de tête auxerrois. A juste titre puisqu'une tête de Cissé, après un centre de Lachuer, aurait fait mouche sans le retour in extremis d'un défenseur grec (10e). Cinq minutes après, une tête de Mexès sur corner passait de peu à côté. Maître de son sujet, supérieur techniquement, Auxerre laissait peu d'espace aux Grecs. A gauche, la paire Kalou-Kapo combinait sans entrave, Kapo frappait des 25 m non loin du cadre (28e) et Kalou échouait seul sur Chalkias (33e). Peu après, Kapo servait idéalement Cissé, qui, malgré un hors-jeu évident, remettait à son coéquipier au lieu de frapper. Kapo, premier surpris, n'avait pas suivi (35e). Avant la pause, le "Pana" se procurait sa première occasion sur une tête de Sapanis. A la reprise, Auxerre accentuait encore son emprise avec un tir de Kapo et une combinaison Lachuer-Radet (50e). La tension montait quand les Grecs prenaient Lachuer à partie pour avoir joué trop vite dans la confusion d'un changement annoncé. Les joueurs grecs venaient calmer leurs supporteurs, qui jetaient des objets sur Lachuer venu tirer un corner. Mais Auxerre subissait un coup d'arrêt aussi soudain qu'inattendu avec l'exclusion un peu sévère de Kapo pour un pied en avant sur Henriksen (67e). Face à dix Auxerrois, le Pana, sans le moins du monde chercher à attaquer, se contentait du nul qu'il était venu chercher."

Guys this is too long to translate, but I will give you the interesting points.

"Auxere was compromised in Europe by conceding a 0-0 tie to PAO, in a game that they dominated and in which they finished with 10 players after the expulsion of Kapo. At no moment did PAO show the vigor of a team that has spent Autumn in the Champions League, but Auxere in their 75 European match was unable to be cold blooded and realistic. Against a prudent Greek team in a 4-5-1 formation with PAPA in front, AJA had many (and they list the chances and mins) opportunities. Chalkias was preferred because of his height (1.99m) because Pana's coach was concerned with the "head play" of Auxere. Master of his subject, technically superior, Auxere left very little space to the Greeks. In the left side Kalou- Kapo combined well. Before the half Pana had it's first chance with Sapanis header. In the second Auxere had another chance (50min) with Lachuer and Radet.

The tension rose when the Greek fans were upset at Lachuer for playing too fast in the confusion of an announced change of possession( meaning throw in?)

The Greek players went to calm their supporters, who were throwing objects on Lachuer who went to kick a corner. Auxere suffered an instantaneous setback with Kapo's strict expulsion for a hard foul on Henricksen (67min). Faced with ten Auxere players, Pana with the advantage, still was content with the nil they came looking for."

Fair description I think, but I realized that there is a misunderstanding for the reason why the Panathinaikares were throwing objects...

The French have not realized that it was the violation of the "fair play" rule that infuriated our fans.

When PAPA was injured (once again) after one more vicious foul, our player possessing the ball kicked it out of bounce for PAPA to receive first aid. Instead of the mandatory "fair play" give back of the ball, the French tricked PAO during the throw in and they attacked. That caught PAO by surprise and ended in a huge chance for a goal... :angry:

All the PAO players rushed to the ref to protest and Michaelsen received a yellow for overdoing it!!! :tdown:

I hope this helps to see the other side's view :)

PEACE

Lets talk seriously shall we? I see all thsoe comments about tactics but you keep forgetting that we are playing an away game with one of the best teams in France. What did you expect? go there and play 3-5-2... And if we did that and lost the game ,everybody would have been talking about how shitty was the attacking tactic that Schum decided to pursue!!! I mean cammon, get serious... It was just a typical European PAO game, the result is very dangerous but not so bad.

The point is Pappou, that PAO played the same style all these years against even stronger opposition (Juve, Arsenal, Man U, Barca etc) but were dangerous on the counter attack. Yesterday because we only had 1 striker were didn't make our pressence felt at all. The Auxerre goalie must have died of bordom.

Let's face it. 3-6-1 sucks. He must always play 3-5-2 or 5-3-2 as we have all these years in Europe.

I have been at Auxere fan sites to find out what they think.

The fans are upset with the result

They are pissed at the ref for the expulsion and a penalty on Cisse in the 85min...

They have NO respect for PANA and the way we played

They are disgusted at the PAO fans for throwing projectiles at them and the field...They call them "savages" who should have been arrested and thrown out.

They cannot believe that security did not intercept all that stuff that our fans were able to throw at them

They think the Athens result will be favorable for Auxere because they are much better than PAO. likely 1-1

They blame Cisse for his inability to score and Kapo for his selfishness

We played for the result, that is why everyone is upset

But a 0-0 result under the circumstances is a good one, if we play well in ATHENS.

It is good that they think PAO cannot play better, because they will be surprised

At home Pao should give it all and play for the goals with attention to the counter attacks

PAPA is a huge loss and the worse news, not the score

Manolis and Mihalaki must perform and Basinas has to feed them.

What worried me is that Seitaridis and Henricksen had a bad game.

They are two of our best and have to perform at home.

Nothing is lost we can do it

PEACE

when they come to greece and step on to the field, the crowd alone will scare them sh*tless....i am glad they dont think we can play any better, because i hope when the come to greece, we actually step it up, play some ball, beat the cocky b*tches and put them in their places...sure we can disagree with the tactics...but we also could have eaten 5 goals..0-0 draw away to one of the best offenses in france is not a bad result, we just didnt take advantage of the one or 2 chances that we did have...manoli and michali should both start next leg....we should play a 3-5-2 and actually have basinas man mark kalou....goumas did a great job frustrating cisse yesterday (i though he was gunna get smoked but when i saw cisse kicking the ad boards..i knew he had nothing left)....we need to generate alittle offense and PLAY WITH SOME GOD DAMN CONFIDENCE....we had absolutly no confidence yesterday or heart....i think our crowd will boost that for us...we need a damn good result next game to put this frenchies in thei places...

GUYS ONCE AGAIN I WANT TO STATE THAT IM CONTENT WITH 0-0. ALL THAT IM SAYING IS THAT IF WE PLAY WITH 1 FORWARD, WE NEED SOMEONE THAT CAN CREATE AT LEAST A FEW OPPORTUNITYS FROM THE MIDFEILD. WE BASICALLY PLAYED WITH 6 DEFENSIVE MINDED MIDFEILDERS (EXCEPT MAYBE SAPANIS) AND HOPED THAT MUNCH MAKES A FEW RUNS FROM THE LEFT. THE LAST POINT I WAS THINKING OF WAS IF YOU PLAY 3-6-1 WOULDNT IT MAKE MORE SENSE TO START MIHALI UP FRONT?.........JUST FOR THE FACT THAT HE IS STRONGER AND TALLER AND HOLDS ON TO THE BALL BETTER. TO ME IT MAKES MORE SENSE TO START HIM IN THE BULLSH*T "LONG BALL" SYSTEM WE PLAYED YESTERDAY.

------FREEZE

i thought we played very badley and only got a grip when they went down to ten ment-

i thought we should have started with papadop. but when they went down to ten we should ahve been a bit braver- and gone for the win.

however 0-0 isnt a bd result for a team without a midfield

keep faith

Archived