Phantis Forums

Auxerre - Panathinaikos

tihio10

I am reading the Auxere sites and there are some interesting posts :

Their fans are VERY impressed with our fans

Many have been visiting this and other PAO sites to find out about PAO

In 1987 PAO beat Auxere 2-0 and lost there 3-2 :tup:

In 1989-90 Olympiakos - AJA 1-1 and 0-0 in France(gauros in Europe... :tdown: )

Intertoto 1997-98 AJA - OFI Crete 3-1 lost 3-2 in Crete :o

Did well last year after 3rd place in the CL group

(beat Arsenal 1-2 away and Dortmund 1-0 at home)

In Uefa advanced over Sevilla 2-0, 0-1

disqualified from Liverpool 0-1, 0-2 at the final 8 stage

It is going to be below zero C at gametime, maybe snow.

No one can believe Manoli and Konstantinou are not starting!!!

They respect PAO but like their chances.

French TV will NOT show the game, only cuts later at night.

Association de la Jeunesse Auxerroise (AJA)

found 1905 by Abbé Deschamps

stadium:Deschamps 23 467 seated.

Recent history:

LIGUE DES CHAMPIONS

Quart de Finaliste saison 1996/97

COUPE D'EUROPE DES VAINQUEURS DE COUPE

Quart de Finaliste en 1994

COUPE D'EUROPE U.E.F.A.

Quart de Finaliste en 1998

Demi-Finaliste en 1993

Quart de finaliste en 1990

CHAMPIONNAT DE FRANCE

1ere Division: Vainqueur en 1996

2eme Division: Vainqueur en 1980

COUPE DE FRANCE

Vainqueur en 1994, 1996 et 2003

Finaliste en 1979

Posted Image

Posted Image

PAO BOREIS, BOREIS NA PROKRITHEIS

PAO EUROPH PANATHINAIKOS

PAO THRHSKEIA KAI STH GALLIA... :nw:

PEACE

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-6-1 is no good...we need another offesnsive player in there and we need to get basinas to do some serious covering..if we pick up kalou and kapo we will be fine...but we know their defense is very weak so we need to attack alittle more...why isnt pao radio playing the match??

I was following the match by loging on to web sites..... you know, updates every couple of minutes..... What I read was that we went through hell.... didn't have any good chances until the end with a Basinas direct kick.....

Anyway, it's a dangerous result, but we should be happy. I could only imagine if we didn't have that idiot, Shoum....

How did we play? anybody who saw the game?

Good result 0-0 :tup:

PAO had chances to score in the very end after Kapo RED card, but were very hesitant.

Auxere captain did not honor fair play and they almost scored in that occasion

There were articles thrown in the pitch after that by our fans

The French played very rough, and got frustrated by their inability to score

GOUMAS was awesome, Munch worked hard, Bassinas too

PAPA was all alone up front the same for Konstantinou when he replaced Dimi.

Zataoutas, Sapanis, Konstantinidis made many mistakes

Seitaridis had a hard time marking the speedy French...

We went for a tie and got it, mission accomplished :whistle:

Hope PAPA injury is mild.

PEACE

Bad game. Very bad. We could have easily lost this one, and we probably deserved to do so.

It won't be easy in Athens. These guys are very very good. We will be playing with 2 forwards, and we will be seeking to score, so it will be a completely different game.

Unless we play extremely well in Athens (like we did a couple of years ago), we're in for a tough ride.

Again, very bad game. Don't pay attention to the papers tomorrow claiming that we were good and strong and tough. Apart from Goumas who was very very good on Cisse, we were very shaky.

Take care.

Good Result.

Pretty bad performance.

Good defensive play.

Goumas,Henrikson, Munch and Morris played very well. Paps was isoated the whole game. We didn't move the ball up at all, even after the red. The chances we gave up were the result of the players bieng too careful with the ball. A performance like this in Athens will result in a 0-2. They MUST play with 2 strikers or at least have a playmaker in Athens.

Lets just wrap this up???

Our defence was really good espeically Goumus!!!! but our Tackticks sucked badly!!! lets just hope scum plays 442 in the next game n we might have a chance cause as someone mentioned b4 Papa was isolated and didnt even hardly see the ball..... b honest with you guys i dnt think scum will play 442 and i think will lose in the return game ;) i hope im wrong but we played "sceard" and u wnt win s%$#! like that!!!! i hope manoli comes back and finds his form coz i would love to see manoli and papa (by da way i think his out for a month :( ).......

anyways good luck in the return coz ill need it bad!!! :hypocrite:

P.S Will Win :P

We weren't that good but we played with confidence, and were a lot better than the games we played in the CL. Good defence but no attack, and we should have since Auxerre were down to 10 guys for a good part of the second half. Unfortunately, we didn't take advantage of this. Michaelson was good; he should always start. Basinas of course was good. WE have the advantage, it won't be a problem for us in Athens. Auxerre aren't that spectacular.

First post here (have been browsing forums here since august.. never bothered to register)

I saw highlights on Eurosport, and Auxerre was really dominating the game. In 2nd half PAO attacked more but still I don't think they deserved more than a draw.

Why didn't Olisadebe play?

Good game, but Panathinaikos should of won <_< . They had so many chances throughout the game. But the bad news now is that Papadopoulous is injured for about three weeks. :o This could be a problem for PAO, both in the UEFA Cup and the Greek Premiership :(

pap will be out between 15-20 days...he will miss the game vs egaleo and the return match vs auxerre...we have that weekend off before we see panionios on the 14th of March...he should be ready for that game...this will get manoli some good playing time and hopefully he will fall into his groove...

Hey Guys, just got back from watching the game on TV.

Today we were lucky, we defended well but thankfully Auxerre's strikers were off the beat. To tyell you the truth, it may seem that mission was accomplished with the draw but we were given a chance to try get something more from the game after the Kapo red card but Shum with the tactical noose of a Proodevtiki coach didn twant anyhting more than 0-0. Shameful!!!

He could has thrown in one of our more attacking players like Epale, Lucian or Olisadebe but he chickened out. He only put on Epale with 5 mins to go. I'm afraid now that we will be punished for missing such an opportunity. The Froggies proved today that they have a better team than us and completely outplayed us. Auxerre was trying to play football and PAO was playing defence!!! Thankfully Goumas was in the right place in the right time in 4-5 occasion and saved us. He was our best player. Poor old Dimi had lumps kicked out of him again (as I had predicted if we played with one striker), funny thing is that the French couldnt do the same with Constanitnou who made his presence felt a couple times. Too bad no one was there to give him a decent pass or atleast have another striker with him.

I'm predicting we will go out. Auxerre will play the same style in Athens and are bound to be more lucky. I was very dissapointed to say the least from Shums negative tactics.

Mr Mariuz, welcome to our forums. Olisadebe has been out for 5 months after undergoing knee surgery. He has only play 45 and 20 minutes so for and the 45 were in a friendly, so ultimately he's not ready yet. That's why he didn't play.

Good game, but Panathinaikos should of won <_< . They had so many chances throughout the game. But the bad news now is that Papadopoulous is injured for about three weeks. :o This could be a problem for PAO, both in the UEFA Cup and the Greek Premiership :(

Were we watching the same game?

The only half chance we had was in the 1st half from a Sabanis header. that was it. Auxerre had about 10 good chances.

Archived