Phantis Forums

Auxerre - Panathinaikos

tihio10

I'd like to know how Auxerre advanced through to the next year. Did they beat somebody? If so, who? And I'd like to know what you this the outcome for the first game would be. I think it'll be 1-1. (Although I wish Panathinaikos would win :box: )

Thanks ,

Tihio10

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, Auxerre will be tough nut to crack. Thy have vary strong and FAST players and some of them have been playing together long enough to built a good game.

I know Panathinaikos CAN do it! But I was watching the game of Auxerre vs Bordeau last night (ET3) and when I went to sleep in the 67th minute the score was 5-0!!! Of course Bordeau suck this year, but no French Team is an opponent you can underestimate and Auxerre surelly are one of the best!

Good luck to you guys. But I hope your players will enter the double tie knowing they will have to sweat to get anything out of it. Hope also the return of injured players like Manolis, Kyriakos and Sanmartean and the full inclusion of Papadopoulios and Esequiel will tranform you guys (after tonigh of course ;) )

Good Luck

me to klima pou exei diamorfo8ei meta tin eleusi tou eki, as er8ei kai i mple karta tou epitelous, nomizo oti poli liges omades tou fetinou uefa mporoun na exoun tixi san antipaloi tou pao.

de nomizo oti iparxei amina pou 8a kratisei to didimo olisadebe, papadopoulou sto miden

provlepsi

Auxerre - PAO 2-1

PAO - Auxerre 4-1

Actually, Shoum has stated that he plans on using Olisadebe, Papadopoulos and Konstantinou in the euro games (in Leoforos). But I just can't see this happening, most of all now that Gonzalez is in. It would be insane to play all four of them, even against the weakest euro side.

I think that Shum can play all 3 strikers but use Dimi on the right of midfield. He would have Equi at defensive midfield with Zutas on the bench (amen).

My dream line up would be

.........................................Nikopolidis

.........Seitaridis..............................................................Munch

................................Henriksen..........Kirgiakos

..........................Basinas.........................Gonzales

Papadopoulos..............................................................Sabanis

........................................Sanmartean

..........................................Olisadebe

with Dimi and Sabanis bombing up the wings in a 4-5-1 formation.

I think Shum is reallt spoit for chice here with all those options. We have a pretty strong bench too and I think this is the strongest PAO squad in the last 7-8 years. I think we can take on anyone with all these players we have.

I said it would be insane to play like this against EURO sides. Not greek sides.

I too want to see an offensive minded PAO in Greece.

But this bland football that you protest is what makes us tick in Europe.

PS : Gonzalez doesn't play DMC. He'll probably play where Sapanis plays right now, which is a shame, cause Sapanis has something going right now and I don't know if they can both fit. But then again, why not?

not hard at all to do that line-up...........

........................nikopolidis

seitaridis....kyrigiakos....henrikson....munch

..................basinas.....sapanis(try at CM)

papadopoulos........................................gonzalez

...............konstantinou......olisadebe

that will destroy auxzere!!!!!

A Sapanis on form in CM. That would be good.

Listen, the bland style of football will work in Auxerre I believe. And it aint dull or bland at all. However a line up with Pap, Gonzales, Mihalis, Manoli and with 15000 kamikaze PAO fans in Athens....now thats hell for Auxerre.

If only we had Lube as well....than it would be awesome!

I agree...everyone is talking about Auxerre been a European Superpower but there not. They have some good players, not World Class (Cisse is debatable). Mexes is young but as a defender he only lacks experience which comes with age.

These guys are no Juve, Barca, Real or Arsenal. Yes, it will be tough but PAO should have wat it takes to do the job!

:box: :box:

Exactly. They're not. They will not underestimate us. They are *** MUCH *** faster than we are, they have no problem when facing counter attacks, and much worse, they really want this.

We *** MUST *** face them with respect and the utmost conservatism. We *** MUST *** not concede a goal in Athens. Actually, 0-0 would be great.

That just makes it all better for us. We can at least take the game back in our hands to Greece and let Auzerre fight for it like a dog. We could even kill off the leg in France and let loose in Athens. Plus with a huge crowd behind us...it will be huge for Auxerre to recover in Athens if they slip up in France...IF they slip up in France...and IF we play the European game we know!

Lets just pray for Shoum to get right like in Glasgow again in the meantime!

:hypocrite:

To be honest with you guys i dnt think pao r in THAT good form. i know we beat rangers sometime back and it was good and all but im still not satisfyed with pao, how do we know manoli will b back to his best?? long time to b out dnt u think? (Knock on wood).... out of 10, i think pao r playing a 6.. lets hope im wrong but now i got a bad feeling about this :( ...

this is the squad we should play

........................nikopolidis

seitaridis....kyrigiakos....Vyntra....munch

..................basinas.....Zauzutas(face it he will stay der with scum)

papadopoulos........................................gonzalez

...............konstantinou......olisadebe

:tup:

Auxerre is for me the second best team this year in France. They have very good striker (Djibril Cissé, i the fastest strakier of the french championship) and good defenser also.

one chance for PAo is that PAO has more experience in european cup but it's not so high.

If PAO want to win they had to play really really good.

Good test is this weekend Auxerre play against Lyon (french championship) I will watch teh match and tell you how they play.

Archived