Phantis Forums

SL-R3: Veroia - PAOK FC (12-Sep-15, 18:15 GR)

Blackhawk

Was great to being there, I chose my seat early which would end up being in the centre of where G4 would assemble, had lots of fun chanting, was great to see the win and some goals! While it was a good atmosphere I think next game I'll be sitting somewhere I can get a proper view of the game, hard to see past the smoke from the flares at times, and the hools would rather you just make noise then react to what's happening in the game. However I'm happy I did it, was an experience.

• Like it 2

He just signed a contract extension with the team. His buyout option is 1.5 mil Euro.

So let me get this right.  If say Olympiakos were to make an offer of 1.5 mil, we have to accept it ?  Sounds kind of crazy considering this kids potential.  His release clause should be at least 7.5 mil.

The buyout clause has to be somewhat proportional with his base salary, otherwise there might be problems with UEFA's Fair Play System. You can't pay somebody 100K for example and put a 100 mil buyout clause.

His salary was increased to 200K and his buyout clause to 1.5 mil. It probably could have been bigger, but let's not forget that the player has to agree to it as well. Since prior to the deal, Pelkas could have signed with anybody in December 2015, the team did not have much leverage in the negotiation process.

• Like it 1

Blackhawk, agree about not being in the best negotiating position. We left it a little late. If you look at Kace though, he is on less money but his release clause is a more reasonable 5 million. At least I think it is ...

Hopefully we can offer him an improved contract at the end of the season. That is assuming he keeps playing well, and he doesn't get bought by another club.

In that case, hopefully he pulls a Mitroglou and signs a new contract just to reward us a bit more.

I am a PAOK fan.  I expect the worst.  Incompetence, lack of planning, selfishness and general idiocy are par for the course.  Having said that, Arnesen has given me something I haven't had in a long time ... hope.  And f--k me, we signed B-E-R-B-A-T-O-V !!  Yep, I'm still glowing a little on the inside.