Phantis Forums

Luke Steele

Accor6

Kotsolis is worthy of number 3. He is not that bad though. Did anyone see platanias keeper the other day?

I think steel was another dabiza find but how did this guy not make an epl side? Seems like he could be on the highlight reel every week.

Best and most consistent keeper PAO has had in a long time. He's so composed , always in control.

I mean he's better than all the Greek keepers of the past decade including Tzorvas , Karnezis, Kapino, Kotsolis etc

Lets' not get too crazy....

Karnezi was BY FAR our best keeper we've had in the past 10 years.... the guy had excellent communication skills and single handley was the MVP of our season where we seriously would have bordered bottom table if it wasn't for him bailing us out on at least 10 games

Karnezi is set up for big things in his career... He's cemented his spot in the most difficult league for keepers and he'll be picked up by a top side within a year or two... there are already rumblings of him going to Inter or Milan 

Steele has hit his "ceiling"... what you see, is what you get...

he's a good keeper and I'm glad he's with us, but I don't see much potential in him to get better...  Solid keeper nevertheless and definately not warranting an upgrade anytime soon

You are right about Karnezi Freezer.. If a big team picks him up or not remains to be seen... However, 1 thing I never got over though is his blunder vs AEK in the cup game back in 2010-11... The team had completed a ballsy comeback in the 2nd half of the 2nd leg only for him to blow it by coming off his line and getting "hung" by Scocco on the 8th (!) minute of extra time... That Cup was ours man as I believe we would of taken the Gavs.

• Like it 2

As freeze mentioned karnezi communicates and is a leader at the back. You feel his presence a lot more than that of steele's.

Both have amazing reflexes, and dominate on ground level. Steele seems more agile though.

Neither are excellent leapers, but if the ball is heading to the top corner, i think i'd rather have karnezi over steele.

Both are playing to their full potential though and i think knowing when and when not to come off your line for crosses is the biggest mind F*** for most keepers. Generaly those that excel in this don't play in the superliga.

You are right about Karnezi Freezer.. If a big team picks him up or not remains to be seen... However, 1 thing I never got over though is his blunder vs AEK in the cup game back in 2010-11... The team had completed a ballsy comeback in the 2nd half of the 2nd leg only for him to blow it by coming off his line and getting "hung" by Scocco on the 8th (!) minute of extra time... That Cup was ours man as I believe we would of taken the Gavs.

s%$#! happens man. It was a bad goal/clumsy play. I don't think that play defines him as a player.

• 1 year later...