Phantis Forums

Boston Celtics

This team is so fun to watch, putting up a clinic right now on national TV against the Pistons. If we hold the lead we will be 1 game up on the Heat for the 8th and final playoff spot. We have cleveland twice, the bucks and the raptors left on our schedule, there's a good chance these teams rest some of their players since they are all in the playoffs and have basically clinched their seeds.

Well I'm a m#$%! lol. I didn't see the game but We beat Cleveland in Cleveland, Lebron and Love played less minutes than usual tho. Anyways a good win, our 6th straight on the road!! Got Cleveland again Sunday at home, win that game and let's basically clinch the playoffs.

It's sad that Cleveland were gifted 15 free throws because our players breathed on them. Cleveland had 2 or 3 opportunities from the line to shoot 3 free throws and they were all bullshit calls. The refs weren't consistent at all and it screwed us. The series should be tied 1-1.

We will improve next year and challenge for the division. But first we need to add a big man to protect the paint and grab rebounds. Also, we need to add a small forward that can shoot the three pointer well.

I would like to see us go after Middleton from Milwaukee to be our starting small forward for sure. For center of course we should try for the big names like DeAndre Jordan, Marc Gasol, and Lamarcus Aldridge but all those are unlikely. If we can't convince one of them to come we should try to package our first round picks this year along with Sully or Olynyk to get Demarcus Cousins from the Kings. Trading up is a possibility too to draft Willy Cauly Stein from Kentucky.

Anyway you look at it, this Celtics have a great foundation for next year that's two pieces away from being a top 4 seed in a weak East. We have great young players, and a great coach that benefitted from four playoffs games.

Rondo leaving was a good thing after all

I've been saying for a few years now. Dude was holding this team back.

Tough series. Sucks to get swept by CLE but the C's took a major step forward this year. On the C's offseason to do list: get someone who can create their own shot and score and a center who can rebound/defend. They can't go into next season with IT4 as the only pera on on the team who can create their own shot. Ditto for size issue in the front court. Need some athletic bigs their.

• 1 month later...

Don't really get the draft pick of Rozier unless someone like Bradley is trade bait. They have about 9 guards on the roster right now. But, Rozier apparently had a draft promise at 20 so I guess the C's really liked him. Time will tell.

But I'm pretty pumped they signed Jerebko and Crowder back on relatively good deals. Jerebko and newly signed Amir Johnson basically have one year deals with their nonguaranteed contracts.

We have Gerald Wallace coming off the books next summer, Amir Johnsom coming off the books, Jonas Jerebko coming off the books, a huge $20 million dollar spike in salary cap, and maybe a few other players with expiring deals. We could be looking at $40-45 million in cap space next summer, possible move for Kevin Durant hahaha? But honestly, we need to trade away some guards and get some scoring help, other than Thomas this team has nobody that can consistently score over 15 points per game.

I'm also interested to see how James Young will do this season. He put on about 20 pounds of muscle this offseason, gotten a lot quicker, and has matured greatly. He showed his potential in the D League and glimpses in his limited NBA time. I hope he can break out for us this year, still only 19 years old.

• 9 months later...