Phantis Forums

PAOK - Udinese

Irlandos

PAOK were amazing in Europe this season but it was a horrible way for the journey to end. Fotakis was missed today as was Etto, but the truth is individual errors cost PAOK today. The first was a very cheap goal to concede, Athanasiadis' defending from the corner was inexcusable. Mind you I saw the kid with his top off the other day (on tv!) and I couldn't believe just how poor his physique is for an athlete. Premiership players have abs and pex, this dude's ribs and sternum are visible! No wonder he's physically weak at defending aerial balls, in this case a corner! The 2nd goal Kresic should have saved and the 3rd was a ridiculous penalty decision by the ref, but by that stage the game was over.

Shame that individual errors cost PAOK so badly. Overall it was a great campaign though.

So what does the future hold for PAOK? Losing Contreras and Vierinha are huge losses to PAOK, but they've also gained quite a bit this season. Lazar is a very good passer and a great addition. The youngsters, Stafylidis and Giannou look promising, Georgiadis has gone up a level too. Salpingidis hasn't been great of late, i fear he might start to dwindle now because he's always been about "high energy" and he isn't getting any younger. Either way, PAOK's future is an uncertain one because of the finances. One thing is for sure though, I hope they keep Boloni.

Archived