Phantis Forums

Aris-Manchester City

pao123

HALF TIME: 0-0.

Aris have been solid but lacking a cutting edge. Bobadilla is useless, his control is ridiculous. They are seriously missing Javito, Koke and Toni Calvo. They were the players that would always add that creative spark, now they seem to be relying on Toja and Bobadilla :blink: Even Ruiz was a handful with his physicality but now Aris look really poor going forward. I hope to see Cesarec in the 2nd half. This is a must win game if Aris are to qualify

FULL TIME: 0-0.

This pretty much confirmed what i thought just before the game, Aris without Toni Calvo, Javito, Koke and even Ruiz have a serious lack of a cutting edge. Neto is quality as a right midfielder though, i'd love to have him at PAO based on the last few performances. But overall they need to invest in the final third. They need 2 wingers and a goal scoring striker. They were quite good in the 2nd half though but in my opinion they needed a win with a clean sheet to have any real hope of qualifyig.

The undefeated 42 year run (25 games) has continued for Aris now though. Let's hope we see another amazing European night for Aris (like the one in Madrid in December) :gr:

aris did well..they were well organized and solid at the back and in the middle of the park..as euro noted they are really missing the speed of calvo and javito and the creativity of koke..neto looked a class above the rest of aris..

this is a good result for them, the record continues but it will be VERY difficult to get a result in manchester..

im interested to see what transfers aris moves for in the summer and how they plan on replacing javito and probably calvo...there was also talks of koke leaving...i guess they are banking on castillo to regain some form for the rest of the season because they look uninspired in attack...this is evident in the fact that aris (who are 8th) are tied with panionios (13th) and astera (14th) with the worst attacks in the superleague with just 14 goals scored...

aris did well..they were well organized and solid at the back and in the middle of the park..as euro noted they are really missing the speed of calvo and javito and the creativity of koke..neto looked a class above the rest of aris..

this is a good result for them, the record continues but it will be VERY difficult to get a result in manchester..

im interested to see what transfers aris moves for in the summer and how they plan on replacing javito and probably calvo...there was also talks of koke leaving...i guess they are banking on castillo to regain some form for the rest of the season because they look uninspired in attack...this is evident in the fact that aris (who are 8th) are tied with panionios (13th) and astera (14th) with the worst attacks in the superleague with just 14 goals scored...

I just hope they have enough fire power to make a play off spot. they are a credit to greek football and belong in european football. they need to play cesarec though. if he's playing every week he'll rack up a decent goal tally for them. i have no idea why he doesn't play more.

as for neto, i always respected his footballing ability but as a right back he lacked power and aerial dominance at times, but at right midfield he's looked superb. i'm totally serious about wanting pao to sign him. he'd be a very good option for us, allowing ninis to move into centre mid. Anyway that's a whole diff discussion, in terms of Aris' Europa league season it has been amazing. Definitely one that will live long in the memory but I fear it's over now. It's such a shame that Cuper has gone though. He was a great manager for them.

Archived