Phantis Forums

PANATHINAIKOS v. oly

athinaios

we deserve it too. In a game where we had everything going, our fan behavior was pathetic in large groups. Pelting opposing plyaers with objects when they went to the locker room, pelting them with bottles and flares all game long, causing a girl to lose four fingers by throwing explosives (the new Greek soccer fruit - explosive flares with a delay fuse), pelting opposing players with objects when they left the stadium. Popping the Olympiakos bus tires.

Maybe a historic punishment might not be out of the question. Just stupid.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This crap was always going to happen after the events of the first game. To be honest I didn't think it was as bad as I expected it to be. I think the track around the pitch meant that many hooligans weren't close enough to throw things too. I mean can you imagine this was at Leoforo?

These things have to stop!

oh noooo wiiiinge winge winge oh the fans were this that ooooh nooooo SO WHAT!!!!

this is clear PAO bashing from whoever dishes the fines/punishments

....i had written a massive pro ultras arguement but its pointless here, all of u no how i feel about them. I just dont get why people complain when there are so many other better teams and leagues without this "culture"

i do however sympathise with that women, a time delay flare is ludacris

i disagree with the punishment.

For one, its going to be a huge celebration for Greek soccer. You never get games full of 60.000 vs teams like Iraklis, hell your lucky to see these crowds more than game a season in Greece.

What happened in OAKA has become standard in Derbies.

This year OSFP did the same and worse, and so did PAOK (PAOK was way worse and I dont think they got even a slap on the wrist). So I'd cry foul on this one as they didn't get punished for the exact same thing.

Anyways I was planning to go to the Iraklis game...Now it looks like this will be the most joyless title in history.

I didnt hear about the girl, thats horrible. Its not fair for these guys to light these and leave them in the stands. Throw them in the pits you idiots...

But I do have to remark I've never in my life heard an atmosphere with more explosives, not in Greece not anywhere. Towards the end of the game when fans were angry it sounded like Afganistan in there.....Pretty badass, admit it.

As for the OSFP tires, I'm sure they just hit some speed bumps :LOL:.

Has nothing to do with the fans inside the stadium, we don't even know if who did it had tickets to the game and was in the stadium.

ok so it was one of the steward who got hurt.......

Thats not a case for banning fans. Thats a case for fining PAO for being too stupid to train their stewards correctly.

You don't ever pick up one of these things. Time delay fuses? Wait and be safe to clean it up even if you think its gone off. Or just kick it...

If the thigns gone off, it will look like it has exploded. Trust me on this. If it doesnt look like its exploded, then wait a good amount of time before picking it up, dump water on it, anything but go right over there and pick it up. Handling mini-explosives and flares is a part of the steward job. They have to be trained and prepared to stay safe and PAO or Superleague obviously was responsible there.

They should be using brooms to handle this stuff anyways, making them use their hands??? Thats a little stupid and no suprise somebody got hurt.

i must say i am suprised drakos and i are almost on the same level here, must be a phantis first. I dont mean to blame the victom but drakos does bring in a good point about this, the stewards MUST be tought how to "clean up" flares correctly becuase flares are a part of the game.

i seriously believe we lost fans because they think it'll give osfp a slight edge, this is a corrupt banning of fans.

this just makes me want them win the title with conviction, 9 points and 16 goals in 3 games!!!!!

you guys are in a different universe than me on this one. Europe has stopped this nonsense and their soccer is miles ahead than ours.

We are like a third world country acting as if a victim here and there is just natural. What would really be the problem if we don't see flares and thrown objects in soccer games? I just don't get it.

you guys are in a different universe than me on this one. Europe has stopped this nonsense and their soccer is miles ahead than ours.

We are like a third world country acting as if a victim here and there is just natural. What would really be the problem if we don't see flares and thrown objects in soccer games? I just don't get it.

No no Cyber we need these flares, explosives, players being shot with bb guns, people losing fingers, etc ...

Come on man! If we didn't have those to impress or intimidate whichever opposing team, we'd actually have to expect Greek teams to play good football, and that's just absurd!

I mean with all those flares and explosives OSFP is never going to want to win at PAO anymore, right? ... Right? :whistle:

if you punish one team you need to punish them all equally...if pao sees a big ban here it will be unfair bc paok and oly did not see ones earlier in the season...

set a standard for punishment and stick to it...

Fully agree, although we have to start sometime and with one single team to get anywhere.

the problem there is that the punishments they give are just punishments and dont end up setting precedent. the epo needs to get together and draft restrictions and infractions and punishment for those infractions then stick to their guidelines...when different problems start to arise that they didnt consider and didnt fully implement, then you set precedents...

I like flares but think the explosive flares are a sad and bad idea.

These fans have destroyed a womens life how is she meant to cook, clean and keep her husband happy.

A steward didnt get hurt she lost 4 fingers!

Cook and clean??? Youre not serious?

Give her some credit, she picked up an explosive device and the rest is Lord Darwin's work...I'm not sure if that was stupid judgement, bad training...

These have been a part of Greek football for decades. Why on earth do the employers have employees picking these things up by hand is beyond me. Flares I can understand clearing out, there smoking. But unexploded mini bomb or fireworks? You don't just walk out and pick them up as soon as there tossed from the crowds, thats really dumb. Especially when you've been hearing BOOM BOOM BOOM since before a kick off. The fault is of fans, but even more so her employers and her own judgement.

We can't punish PAO more than other teams who had the exact same behaviours, simply because one of the stewards decided to pick one up. The fans are all at same degree of fault. The only difference is OSFP and PAOK stewards didnt make the stupid decision to rush and pick up an unexploded firework.

Not just because I want to go to the Ira game and fans to celebrate, the team also really needs the fans for the advantage in that game. Without them, I can see us falling to victim to another tragedy.

Just think if OSFP beat Iraklis and beat Ergotelis, games we fully expected them to win, they'd be in 1st right now. So I hope nobody ignores that if theres a world where a team can win a championship and still have a miserable season, it would be this one.

Just think if OSFP beat Iraklis and beat Ergotelis, games we fully expected them to win, they'd be in 1st right now.

good thing they are making those mistakes this year instead of us...the tables have really turned...we usually win the derbies and lose points to the small teams and now its olys turn to do so...

Archived